Do I go Korean?

Check out 'Kim Jong Un' Car sales!
Low mileage cars, one owner, some blood stains though!

what a load of bunkum comment so i have a house in Greece its very low impact it uses almost zero power it has solar water heaters and the leccy bill is tiny whats your point? you going on some jolly to a 2 star hotel in wherever will use more juice than my house does
How do you get there by solar powered magic carpet or are you floated there on the wings of pixies while they spread their magical dust ?

How do you get there by solar powered magic carpet or are you floated there on the wings of pixies while they spread their magical dust ?

Not just that (aero trips to Greece I can see as having a much bigger carbon footprint than a Puma) - but because that house is being used by him and not a local, thats another house that needs to be built as housing, so a carbon footprint right there!

This is what bugs me about muppets like Hamilton, preach about the envrironment and then jet over the world racing cars !!!

Not just that (aero trips to Greece I can see as having a much bigger carbon footprint than a Puma) - but because that house is being used by him and not a local, thats another house that needs to be built as housing, so a carbon footprint right there!

This is what bugs me about muppets like Hamilton, preach about the envrironment and then jet over the world racing cars !!!
Yes indeed and at the end of the day Steve was asking about Korean cars, he didn't invite anyone to question his green credentials, some people just can't help themselves.

Anyway Kia make great cars, not sure about a Ford, wouldn't be for me personally but there's a reason we have so much choice, we're all different.

what a load of bunkum comment so i have a house in Greece its very low impact it uses almost zero power it has solar water heaters and the leccy bill is tiny whats your point? you going on some jolly to a 2 star hotel in wherever will use more juice than my house does

You holiday overseas? Haven't done that for years, carbon footprint of aircraft is awful....

but it will pollute massively in urban areas where a hybrid would not?
MPG does not equal green :-(

I can't find what I want with a hybrid. I enjoy driving, so having a responsive car is important to me. At least this is only a 3 cyl 1.5l turbo. My current car is 4 cyl 2.0l (and chipped), and that's a lot better than my old 5 cyl 2.5 l or 6 cylinder 3.0. I'm reducing my footprint as I get older. The output from the Puma is not that much different to the Q2 that the Mrs prefers.

Sorry if you don't like it, but you don't have to get in it..... Pete, you're welcome to join me any time :LOL:

Edit: I live in the Wiltshire countryside, closest I get to "urban" is visiting the supermarket in Shaftesbury, or sitting in the roadworks on the M4/M5 on my way to Bristol (which is less than once a month).

Last edited:
You holiday overseas? Haven't done that for years, carbon footprint of aircraft is awful....

I can't find what I want with a hybrid. I enjoy driving, so having a responsive car is important to me. At least this is only a 3 cyl 1.5l turbo. My current car is 4 cyl 2.0l (and chipped), and that's a lot better than my old 5 cyl 2.5 l or 6 cylinder 3.0. I'm reducing my footprint as I get older. The output from the Puma is not that much different to the Q2 that the Mrs prefers.

Sorry if you don't like it, but you don't have to get in it..... Pete, you're welcome to join me any time :LOL:

Edit: I live in the Wiltshire countryside, closest I get to "urban" is visiting the supermarket in Shaftesbury, or sitting in the roadworks on the M4/M5 on my way to Bristol (which is less than once a month).
Are we talking like a co driver, navigator like in a rally stage ? If so count me in, let's go bro !!!!!!! Can't wait to smell that V Power as you destroy the ozone layer :ROFLMAO:

I've driven a Sportage (not hybrid) over a weekend and it did tempt me. However I am a fan of Mazda for the value-for-money, loads of extras in a decent price, and I really like my 6 estate, second I've had. Very reliable in my experience, but I would expect all Japanese and Korean cars to be very reliable
I also have a Mazda6 estate after previously owning various VW based cars however when I was having some issues with my Octavia mk2, my Mum had a Mazda3 1.6 which was absolutely bullet proof so decided to give a petrol Mazda6 a go. That was almost ten years ago and the car is now about to have its 13th birthday during which I think it's only had one actual fault (the amp failed) that's not just wear and tear the entire time I've had it.

The standard spec of the Mazdas and other similar brands makes shopping for used cars much easier as I know which specs have the features I want and can look for that spec. With many of the European brands some of the features I want are optional extras which many people didn't choose and it can be difficult to work out which features the cars actually have.

Not sure if you need the 200 BHP for any particluar reason. Our 155 BHP auto Puma is enough for me and they now do the baby ST 168 BHP in auto

Sorry I read this quickly was going to recommend a good circumciser thought it said kosher LOL

I'd rather have a C5 like that than a C3!!!

Mrs J has vetoed the ST for now, until we drive a Q2....... Now we looked at a Q2 35 S-line, but decided it was too expensive. Seems that Audi have a deal on if you purchase via PCP you get a £4k discount. Pay the PCP off after 1 month with no penalties and you only pay interest on the first payment. And they have cars on 4-6 week delivery, in fact they have one in the right spec coming into stock next week, so I've organised a test drive for Sunday morning. The Audi dealer is 150m from the Ford dealer, so we can do back to back test drives and make a decision.

I didn't think buying a new car was this difficult..... And to top it all off, the wife's Mini has refused to open this morning, remote key just sets off the alarm, and the manual key won't open the door either. It was parked in front of my Clubman on the drive, so I had to jiggle my car off the drive, and go across the garden to get that out so she could get to work. I've been left to try and sort hers out.

Mrs J has vetoed the ST for now, until we drive a Q2....... Now we looked at a Q2 35 S-line, but decided it was too expensive. Seems that Audi have a deal on if you purchase via PCP you get a £4k discount. Pay the PCP off after 1 month with no penalties and you only pay interest on the first payment. And they have cars on 4-6 week delivery, in fact they have one in the right spec coming into stock next week, so I've organised a test drive for Sunday morning. The Audi dealer is 150m from the Ford dealer, so we can do back to back test drives and make a decision.

I didn't think buying a new car was this difficult..... And to top it all off, the wife's Mini has refused to open this morning, remote key just sets off the alarm, and the manual key won't open the door either. It was parked in front of my Clubman on the drive, so I had to jiggle my car off the drive, and go across the garden to get that out so she could get to work. I've been left to try and sort hers out.
Yep Kia used to do the same, a quiet word in the customers ear to explain was all that was required to close the deal. Alternatively the dealer still has enough margin to just do a straight deal without all the PCP b*****ks despite them pleading poverty.

Kia appear to be inserting clauses into pcp deals to stop early repayment taking advantage of deposit aid schemes.

Well I have to make a decision this weekend, and it's come down to the larger Sportage GT Line or the Q2 S Line. The Sportage was a lovely car, but we tested a GT Line S, which has a few more gizmos on it, and I can really only afford to go to the GT Line (The S is over £40k so I'll get hit for the posh car tax).

On the other hand, the Q2 isn't as quick, but the build quality is excellent, it's cheaper to insure and better on fuel. Given that I want to try and keep my outgoings low, this seems to be winning. We tried a 2.0 litre T-roc which was quick, but the engine is a bit noisy, and again, we have all ithe issues with the GT Line S of cost of ownership.

I'm going back out in the Q2 this morning, as I want to make sure I'm happy with the performance.

Well I have to make a decision this weekend, and it's come down to the larger Sportage GT Line or the Q2 S Line. The Sportage was a lovely car, but we tested a GT Line S, which has a few more gizmos on it, and I can really only afford to go to the GT Line (The S is over £40k so I'll get hit for the posh car tax).

On the other hand, the Q2 isn't as quick, but the build quality is excellent, it's cheaper to insure and better on fuel. Given that I want to try and keep my outgoings low, this seems to be winning. We tried a 2.0 litre T-roc which was quick, but the engine is a bit noisy, and again, we have all ithe issues with the GT Line S of cost of ownership.

I'm going back out in the Q2 this morning, as I want to make sure I'm happy with the performance.

I know I'm labouring a point here but I do think one thing worth doing is trying to separate material choices and the superficial look and "build quality" from functionality and reliability.

I know I'm labouring a point here but I do think one thing worth doing is trying to separate material choices and the superficial look and "build quality" from functionality and reliability.

I'm pretty sure that "build quality" and "reliability" are closely related. On that note, I've ordered the Q2. The cabin is very comfortable, and after another drive around the country roads today I was impressed with how well it handled, and how quickly it picked up. The 1.5L engine does "Cylinder on Command", shutting down 2 cylinders when idling or slow moving traffic. As it's a new stock car, it will be ready for next weekend (not tomorrow) which works for me as I'm away all next week anyway. Funnily enough, I callred my brother as I know he has a Q2, and he's just ordered exactly the same car, in the same colour, Never had an Audi before, so it will be a learning curve...

Back