Do I need an A4 printer if I already have an A3

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
As it says really.
We have both (a Canon Pro 10S and an Epson P50) but use the A4 for documents. Long story short the A4 may well have given up the ghost, which is annoying because I've just spent £30ish on new carts for it. Is it better to replace the A4 or just use the A3? The Canon likes to use ink and head cleans if not used every 60hrs from what I understand but we don't print documents regularly. I do print a lot of A5 invoices for my work binder though every now and again and my wife does stuff for childminding. I wondered if regular use of the A3 would benefit it or am I just going to kill it quicker due to filling the over flow pad, which caused me to have to bin my old A3 printer.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
As a side note; I would save your A5 invoices as PDF's?

Saves paper and ink.

I believe the ink overflow pads only fill up when you do borderless printing, so printing documents shouldn't have any effect.

The 10s is a pigment printer, so it does seem a bit of a waste, but regularly printing stops the heads clogging so it is hard to know what's best.

You've reminded me I haven't printed on my Pro 1 for a few weeks... better get something printed!

Edit: Maybe the ink pads also fill up with cleaning cycles now I think about it.

I have a cheap laser printer for documents. Running costs are very low - our last toner cartridge cost £12.00 including postage and lasted just over a year and no nozzles/jets to get blocked.

Back