Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

First time out with the new camera and trying to get to grips with it. I can no longer be lazy with focusing after being spoilt with the A9's eye tracking, so it's hard work getting some keepers. Hopefully makes them all the more rewarding. These were the best I could get.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Some ' Turkish like ' weather for these rescue dogs (Havana (big) & Lucy (small) from Turkey. Seems too hot for Lucy ?

P1007266_Benched-XL.jpg

Well getting to be a real hand at posting photo's so though I'd put another dog in here. This is Abby. Just recently got her at 12mos, 13 now and started working on her. Gonna be a nice one! She's pointing a pigeon here. Bird crazy little girl. I have her dad, Stormy!

1685325153046.jpeg

Last edited:
Some of Skye from a walk at Glenshee on Thursday.

Remains of an old shieling, but Skye is staring into the heather hoping to spot a critter.

rx_00268_20230525_c1.jpg

Nose in heather again
rx_00280_20230525_c1.jpg

Up on the top of Carn an Tuirc, sniffing the rocks
rx_00290_20230525_c1.jpg

At the summit cairn of Carn an Tuirc
rx_00295_20230525_c1.jpg

Ah, taking notice of the view... or watching someone behind me
rx_00300_20230525_c1.jpg

At the summit cairn of Cairn of Claise
rx_00318_20230525_c1.jpg

(there were some more of her on this walk but for some reason the forum software doesn't like the uploads)

Last edited:
That's a cracking shot! I wonder if it could do with a slight lift with the brightness though?
Thank you! I've processed it a few ways before settling on the more contrasty version. It was taken close to dusk with the last remains of sun lighting Bear who's super white so that's always what I try to expose for. I think when I raised the background shadow levels it made the subject stand out a little less from what I remember. I'll find the version with the brighter background so you can let me know what you think if you don't mind?

Thank you! I've processed it a few ways before settling on the more contrasty version. It was taken close to dusk with the last remains of sun lighting Bear who's super white so that's always what I try to expose for. I think when I raised the background shadow levels it made the subject stand out a little less from what I remember. I'll find the version with the brighter background so you can let me know what you think if you don't mind?

Aye I felt a little similar with a recent shot I did that was a little dark, but I did like the mood it created. I ended up lifting the shadows a little. Would be good to see the brighter shot, although I do understand it's tricky with all that white fur!

Aye I felt a little similar with a recent shot I did that was a little dark, but I did like the mood it created. I ended up lifting the shadows a little. Would be good to see the brighter shot, although I do understand it's tricky with all that white fur!
P1015120 (2).jpg

Thank you so much for nudging me to try again, I much prefer this edit. The dynamic range of modern cameras is crazy, need to remember that I can go further and not worry too much.

Last edited:
View attachment 391253

Thank you so much for nudging me to try again, I much prefer this edit. The dynamic range of modern cameras is crazy, need to remember that I can go further and not worry too much.
Lovely shot of a dog in action :) FWIW, I prefer the 2nd, the subject still really pops and it looks more natural than your 1st

Back