Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
All of you know by now that Wheels trashed his camera while covering a charity event recently.
He's a new member, but what better way to prove we are the friendliest Forum on the planet by helping a fellow photographer out?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=231545

Pledges here please, even if you've already PM'd me or pledged in the original thread.
No need to mention amounts here, just a thumbs-up will do...

Donations to Cowasaki's PayPal account:

e bay @ cowasaki. co. uk

no spaces...

If you don't have a PP account PM me for Bank details for a BT. Not sure if we can do paper...

CURRENT POSITION

Part One of this thread can be found here - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=231574

Thread split....please continue :)

Link to part 1 in post above.

noooooooooooooooooo, we want to hit the 1000

Booooooooooooooooo

lol

aha a cunning ploy by the hamster wrangler to ensure Wheels get to make post #1,000??

well if were counting this is 999 on the combined threads

Arr spoil sport, what happens when it reaches 1000 :cautious:

OH NO!! the 1000th post has gone. AND i've got a wet patch!! :shrug::crying:

I rarely contribute to the forum, I'm not up to the standard of you guys, but just read through part of the first part of this thread. You guys are amazing with all this help and I've just sent off my small donation too. I hope you enjoy using your new camera Wheels :)

Donation sent (y)

I sent what was left in my Paypal account which will explain the odd amount of pounds and pennies ;)

I only discovered this thread tonight and it's growing faster than I can read it but it's well worth the read. I'm honoured to be a tiny part of this great forum :clap:

Paul

Thanks Jim, but perhaps edit your post to remove the email address. I think Rob worded it the way he did in his initial post to help prevent the spambots from picking it up. :)

If the national press ever get hold of this Julian will be famous!

Oh and we might get some well deserved publicity for the various groups/charities and carers who help people every day.

Nick.

I am afraid to say I am drained. My meds have kicked in and no longer can I fight it. Thank you for your support. I am not sure I dare switch the pc on tomorrow. To each and every single one of you, you have made a miserable arse (ME) into someone who in time will hold my head up high and say thank you to you in anyway I am able to do so. Truely amazing people for just 1 ordinary cripple.

If the national press ever get hold of this Julian will be famous!

Oh and we might get some well deserved publicity for the various groups/charities and carers who help people every day.

Nick.

That would terrify me but you all deserve it not me

Sweet Nikon based dreams julian!

Nick.

That would terrify me but you all deserve it not me

Hey, you've been on Sky News before matey boy. Wonder if they'd be interested in doing a follow up article on a past interviewee? Anybody know anyone at Sky News? ;)

Might want to edit your post there Jim, I'm not sure Rob will appreciate his email addy being posted in full :)

Gotcha, never thought, just posted it as a double check that I'd got it right, anyway someone got there before me to fix it - cheers guys.(y)

Hey, you've been on Sky News before matey boy. Wonder if they'd be interested in doing a follow up article on a past interviewee? Anybody know anyone at Sky News? ;)

I know a couple of reporters who work for national outlets but no skysports I'm afraid. Surely someone on here does, or if we can coax Julian for the details for the journalist who spoke to him previously?????

Nick.

I am afraid to say I am drained. My meds have kicked in and no longer can I fight it. Thank you for your support. I am not sure I dare switch the pc on tomorrow. To each and every single one of you, you have made a miserable arse (ME) into someone who in time will hold my head up high and say thank you to you in anyway I am able to do so. Truely amazing people for just 1 ordinary cripple.

I had a heart attack 3 weeks ago and until today was feeling a bit sorry for my self, you and everyone on here have cheered me up. On the outside you may be an "ordinary cripple" but on the inside you will have the glow of hundreds of new friends that will make you very special indeed. God bless.

hahahahaha ... i come home after a few hours - 8 pages to catch up on - and no bloody dinner yet ..........love this to bits ..............:cool:

You're not an "ordinary cripple" Julian. You're a brave guy who's had more than his fair share of knocks in life. And I for one am proud to just maybe have helped a tiny little bit.

Darren...just a point to check with Julian.

I put various designs of wheelchairs into my taxi - some are awkward

I gather a new car is coming soon - will all these bits being added cause any difficulty loading the wheelchair up [ i presume ] a loading ramp..?

will all these bits being added cause any difficulty loading the wheelchair up
The added extras are being chosen specifically due to their removable nature. :)

Do I need to post to get refreshed to part 2? Oh well I have now!
:shrug:

You don't actually have to, you can go up to "thread tools" click on it and click "subscribe to this thread" (y)

Julian,

What I love about this thread, is that it has literally captured the hearts and minds of us, your fellow photographers. Sometimes really crap stuff happens, but you should never stop believing tomorrow will be a better day.

You have a beautiful wife and kids and people that will look after you every day and I know you really appreciate them from what has been said previously, yet your other passion was photography and the day you bust your camera must have been devastating. There are some out there possibly questioning why this has happened to you - hell you might be wondering too. The answer is simple - it is your time!

We all know how pants it would be to trash a camera, some can afford to replace them and some can't, but your story is unique and in reality, this big family here is happy to spread a little happiness into your family! I know what ever kit you get you will be chuffed to bits and take simple pleasure out of being to take pictures once again!

I wish you and your family all the best for the future and your camera club success.

I feel a north west meet coming on with you as the star!

Rob

Julian,

What I love about this thread, is that it has literally captured the hearts and minds of us, your fellow photographers. Sometimes really crap stuff happens, but you should never stop believing tomorrow will be a better day.

You have a beautiful wife and kids and people that will look after you every day and I know you really appreciate them from what has been said previously, yet your other passion was photography and the day you bust your camera must have been devastating. There are some out there possibly questioning why this has happened to you - hell you might be wondering too. The answer is simple - it is your time!

We all know how pants it would be to trash a camera, some can afford to replace them and some can't, but your story is unique and in reality, this big family here is happy to spread a little happiness into your family! I know what ever kit you get you will be chuffed to bits and take simple pleasure out of being to take pictures once again!

I wish you and your family all the best for the future and your camera club success.

I feel a north west meet coming on with you as the star!

Rob

:agree: How nicely put :clap:

(y) sent, Julian I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you some day, I live in Garswood so there's every chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back