Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i've just spoken to a contact at ITV Granada and explained briefly what had happened, hopefully they might run a story. If wheels is happy to i'll email him a link to the thread.

I thought Julian made it abundantly clear that he did NOT want any external publicity and we HAD ALL agreed to his request............
.:shrug:

Ok i've just spoken to a contact at ITV Granada and explained briefly what had happened, hopefully they might run a story. If wheels is happy to i'll email him a link to the thread.

I was always taught in sales - you have two ears and one mouth - use them in that proportion! I guess we could modify the adage to 'you have two eyes and one mouth'!

Phil

I thought Julian made it abundantly clear that he did NOT want any external publicity and we HAD ALL agreed to his request............
.:shrug:
yes, he did.

It might be handy if a mod put a notice to that effect in the opening post of this thread.

Please don't - wheels had requested no publicity which everyone on here was (and is) perfectly happy with - kindly call off the dogs :)

Just to let you know guys and gals. I contacted my insurance company and hopefully next week we will have a reply from their management on getting some cover for at least the camera and lens. I know Julian had extended his home cover anyway but he now has quite a significant investment coming so I've asked what they can do about covering it both indoors/outdoors and including vehicle cover. :)

With the holiday weekend it's obviously going to take a little while for their reply but I did point out how many members we have here and how many brownie points they could possibly accrue :)

Just to let you know guys and gals. I contacted my insurance company and hopefully next week we will have a reply from their management on getting some cover for at least the camera and lens. I know Julian had extended his home cover anyway but he now has quite a significant investment coming so I've asked what they can do about covering it both indoors/outdoors and including vehicle cover. :)

With the holiday weekend it's obviously going to take a little while for their reply but I did point out how many members we have here and how many brownie points they could possibly accrue :)

I have to admit I have been worried as the extension would only cover upto £1500

on that note who are they as I need a new one :D

Not saying yet David because it would be unfair until I know what they can do for us. I'll follow it up as soon as business resumes on Tuesday :)

I've just posted a link to this worthy cause on Mondeo Enthusiasts Group (MEG) (Talk Photography was originally started by some MEG members) hopefully we'll see another wave of donations.

who started it then neil
i am still registered on there from my old days as telboy
mk1 2.0si
mk2 2.0 ghia
mk3 2.5 v6 zetec s
facelift st220 3.0 v6
then moved on to a couple of new focus st's

My best ever car was a Mondeo ST200, so there...awesome bit of kit...

I now run a Cougar X-Pack V6 (which is a Mondeo Mk2 in a posh frock) with some 'fettled' Mk 3 bits thrown under the hood and a Ford Mustang GT 'Bullitt' V8 with custom racing suspension...

never underestimate the power of the Blue-Oval...

Oh nice, I remember driving an ST220 a few years ago and loved it!

I have to admit I have been worried as the extension would only cover upto £1500

I will have a chat with you about the insurance. My previous job was as an insurance advisor. The CHEAPEST way to insure this kit will be on YOUR home insurance so if we have to pay the extra then so be it but it will be insured! We are not having all this hard work getting nicked or something :rules:

Oh nice, I remember driving an ST220 a few years ago and loved it!

It's funny, when the Mk3 came out, I hated it, much preferring the softer lines of the Mk2...

Now that the Mk4 is on the roads, I prefer the Mk3's looks, esp the ST220 either in Ford Performance Blue or Black - which you can pick up for under £6k with under 50k on the clock - :wacky:

Bargain...

I know we have members on here who are also on Canon Digital Photography Forums, has anyone posted a link over there?>
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

personally - and i stress personally - i think Julian may prefer to keep this "in-house" so to speak. He has made many friends here and those he feels relaxed with over these past days

We have ALL put a good package together here - additional external input may be hard to cope with ?

up to you Julian - tell me to shut up......(y)

On the subject of insurance - it's all very well sorting out this years cover but (and I mean no disrespect by this Julian) will you have the funds available to renew next year? I would hate to think of that causing you any grief in the future - and with the set up you will have, insurance really is a must.

It might be an idea to leave a little bit of the pot in some kind of savings account for Julian to use for additional running costs in the future - like insurance. Just an idea...

Not a problem, just thought with other people posting to external sites, we could at least post to a Photography site, they would I'm sure be a tad more empathic of the situation.

Great package and I'm sure Julian can't wait to get his hands on it!

On the subject of insurance - it's all very well sorting out this years cover but (and I mean no disrespect by this Julian) will you have the funds available to renew next year? I would hate to think of that causing you any grief in the future - and with the set up you will have, insurance really is a must.

It might be an idea to leave a little bit of the pot in some kind of savings account for Julian to use for additional running costs in the future - like insurance. Just an idea...

I hadnt thought about that, but I think that is a bit hard faced If I asked for that.

I hadnt thought about that, but I think that is a bit hard faced If I asked for that.

That's why I made the suggestion - you wouldn't be asking would you ;)

It was just a thought if there was any of the pot left over.

You lot have done something wonderful for me and my family, you have got me this amazing kit I could only ever have dreamt of. You also said you will sort out days out for mrs and kids etc. It was also suggested I could pay for my carer to take me out more than I get at the moment but that is greedy in my eyes so, what is left from that I would like to go into a fund for disabled or those less financially able to get things, like I myself. I would never have imagined this could happen. I know what you have donated to me and wife and kids means the world to us and we cant thank you enough. The final say on the remaining cash should be made by all of you that donated.

Not a problem, just thought with other people posting to external sites, we could at least post to a Photography site, they would I'm sure be a tad more empathic of the situation............!

no disrespect to your idea, and you are probably right, but over the last days, I get the feeling that Julian would prefer to keep it within the friends he has made already

You lot have done something wonderful for me and my family, you have got me this amazing kit I could only ever have dreamt of. You also said you will sort out days out for mrs and kids etc. It was also suggested I could pay for my carer to take me out more than I get at the moment but that is greedy in my eyes so, what is left from that I would like to go into a fund for disabled or those less financially able to get things, like I myself. I would never have imagined this could happen. I know what you have donated to me and wife and kids means the world to us and we cant thank you enough. The final say on the remaining cash should be made by all of you that donated.

I've spoken to Matty about this earlier today and it looks as though we'll have well above what we need to get Wheels back on the road...
I set this up initially to do that one thing - get a camera back in his hand so he can take the next steps photographically...

However, we do have other Forum members who, while not as severly constrained as Wheels, would be equally deserving in some assistance from time to time.

Once all the purchases have been made, it looks as though there will still be a significant amount left over.
It's my hope that you'll all agree to create a TP slush-fund that the Owners and Mods can oversee and dole out when cases merit.

We'd have to agree on how applications could be processed and there'd have to be some very careful oversight in place for the sake of transparency.

The first step would be to transfer the remaining funds that I hold into a seperate TP account once all of Wheels' needs have been met...

I stress that this is all up for discussion - you all donated this money, so you all have a say in how it's distributed...
My hope is that the spirit of giving that we started with this thread can continue and benefit others on the Forum as well...

If we do get this off the ground, I'm going to kick-off with a monthly DD of £5 to keep the fund in credit...

right ive removed a whole bunch of posts from this afternoon, lets keep this to the subject in hand, which is wheels.

Having a fund to dip into is a whole other ball game for us, we are a Ltd company so the legal ramifications of anything else needs to be looked at. I dont need to say what a fantastic and generous thing has happened here and it makes me very proud, but lets all take a moment to see what we have.

Rob started this to help Wheels, and I think that has now been achieved. Rob and Cowasaki need to see what they have and do what they need to do for Wheels, but please, lets not do anything else until its been looked into to see what the ramifications are for us at TP and how anything (if anything else goes ahead) needs to be set up, run and accounted for.

thanks to everyone for what you have all done.

Im locking this now, when Rob has anything to post, I will reopen.

this is open for Cowasaki to post, please do not post anything else

This is the current FINAL account subject to change.

Total donations

+2203.91 Paypal to Arkady's account

+0079.63 Paypal to Cowasaki's account

+0330.00 BT to Arkady's account

+0090.00 APPROX SB900 donation

=2703.54 Total (of cash donations + items valued at about £1000 so poss £3700)

-1618.00 Digital depot (D300s & 18-200)

-0233.26 Car Computer (8" screen & power pack)

=0852.28 Sub total

-0129.00 TBA

=0723.28 LEFT

I would guess that the Tripod and 2 heads & SB900 will be about £520 (very approx)

= £200 Approx

This will be used for Wheels and his family to go out for the day or days and take some pictures and have some fun!

Any further donations (and there have been a number of pledges) will be added to the fun day out fund which will be discussed with Wheels but whatever happens it will be for HIS benefit.

We also have the following items donated to the cause which is about £1000

2 x 4 packs of Eneloops
2 x EN-EL3 batteries
3 x Manfrotto super clamp
2 x Manfrotto arm kit
1 x Battery charger
1 x cleaning kit
1 x Peli 1550 case
1 x New seals for Peli 1550 and foam
1 x mini HDMI cable to HDMI cable
1 x Nikon Bag
1 x 4gb card
1 x 3.6m ttl cord
1 x set of radio triggers
1 x new-type umbrella adapter
1 x SB900 LCD protector
1 x brand new shiney embroidered Talkphotography badge
1 x Sandisk 8Gb SD card
1 x Nikon camera control pro
1 x 5 in 1 reflector

FILTERS

72mm Tamron CPL filter
72mm UV filter

DVD

Using your DSLR

Books

Understanding Exposure
Understanding Digital Photography (Both by Bryan Peterson)
Photoshop CS3 for Dummies
Andy Rouse's Digital SLR Masterclass.
Annabel Williams Portrait Photo Ideas
Signed book The AVA Guide to Outdoor Photography

===========================​

Our three commercial helpers

Give them your business they are absolute stars !!!!

Special price £1618 from Stuart at Digital Depot:

Nikon D300s
Nikon 18-200 vr
Nikon Bag & 4gb card (generously offered for free with the order)

Donated by Graham, Flash in the pan

3.6m ttl cord
a set of triggers
a new-type umbrella adapter
SB900 LCD protector

Donated by Manfrotto importers

Manfrotto super clamp
Manfrotto arm

Purchases

£233.26 from Car Computer inc p&p

Lilliput 8" External screen
Battery pack for the above

Our many TP members who helped
(I deeply apologise if I have missed anyone!)

Donated by Bigbigblue

72mm Tamrom CPL filter
DVD - Using your DSLR

Donated by icnoble

72mm UV filter

Donated by Simonhi

Sandisk 8Gb SD card

Donated by Susane

brand new shiney embroidered Talkphotography badge

Donated by TrevorBray

Manfrotto super clamp
Manfrotto arm

Donated by OneTen

Brand new arm for flash (delivered)

Donated by Dave, DPP

Annabel Williams Portrait Photo Ideas book, box of misc items like some random filters and a hotshoe spirit level

Donated by Les McLean

Signed book The AVA Guide to Outdoor Photography

Donated by MattyH

Web site hosting and .co.uk name

Donated by me

new AA charger for eneloops

Donated by Trev4

Manfrotto super clamp

Donated by Mike Jackson

Peli 1550 case in orange

Donated by Dangermouse1964

Cable release for D300s
Nikon camera control pro
Flash bracket
Book(s)

Donated by TheNissanMan

Set of Eneloop AA batteries for the flash
EN-EL3e battery for the D300s

Donated by Venomator

Set of Eneloop AA batteries for the flash
EN-EL3e battery for the D300s

Donated by Tom, Erding

New seals for Peli 1550 and foam
mini HDMI cable to HDMI cable

Donated by Rich, tijuana taxi

New cleaning kit for the camera

Donated by Edbrae

5 in 1 reflector
Understanding Exposure
Understanding Digital Photography (Both by Bryan Peterson)
Photoshop CS3 for Dummies
Andy Rouse's Digital SLR Masterclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back