Donations required - member needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back. I cant believe how this is growing Im totally overwhelmed

At this rate we will be looking at phase One cameras!

There is such a thing as too much camera, I wouldnt want a D700 for example, the D5000 is a nice bit of kit, lets leave it at that and see what other "bits" we can get, the insurance is a great idea, as was the magic arm.

Nick.

How dare Rob work when we need an update, I mean, it's not like it's our nations security or anything :bonk::p

Wow, it's nice to see people are still donating.
On a side note, I've googled but I can't find anything, is there a charity for disabled people into / or want to get into photography?
I know there is a charity for disabled photographers but it doesn't do anything along the lines I am thinking about.
I have an idea but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
I'm sure a fair few members would also like to get involved if the idea doesn't exist.
Julian you have inspired me, I had an idea a while ago put never followed it up.

Rob - PP sorted from me.
Wheels - when the 'flash mob' arrive,dont forget to have that famous Wigan confectionary in............... Uncle Joes Mint Balls !!!!!! :LOL:

All the best

Dave

The thought fills me with fear and embarressment already.

If this keeps up, they'll be enough for some nice software as well???

I bet everyone feels a bit better about themselves today! I know i do.

Best not the laptop goes on a go slow when I open word up ;)

Ok peeps, contacted my insurers to see what we can sort out in terms of insurance for when we get Wheels his new kit, will keep you all posted when I get a reply :)

i MUST STOP refreshing this post ....and get to work...........:bang:..:wave:

Wheels, if the cashpot hits a large enough amount then we have to spend it otherwise there are capital gains issues and we know what the new government thinks about this issue :LOL:

Just go with the flow, cheapish laptop and elements should be what £400-450???

Nick.

FIVE HUUUUUUUUUUUUNDRED..................

Julian, you're going to have one helluva Christmas card list by the time this is over ;)

Shopping list:
D5000
18-200
Magic arm
Memory card
case.
Laptop
Elements.

Im ALMOST jealous.

Nick.

Wheels, if the cashpot hits a large enough amount then we have to spend it otherwise there are capital gains issues and we know what the new government thinks about this issue :LOL:

Just go with the flow, cheapish laptop and elements should be what £400-450???

Nick.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Seriously NO getting way OTT

Cracking stuff guys, read the whole thread last night (couldnt stop reading) wheels reply on page 5 or 6 brought a tear to my eye when reading, so glad to have been a part of this and hope the money keeps rolling in, it is so nice to be reminded that there are still a bunch of nice people out there willing to help a friend out (thought id never see that in this day and age).

as for wheels as i posted earlier wish you all the best in the future and that the new kit gets you out togging again, you thouroughly deserve it (y) dont feel bad in anyway for accepting this, as someone mentioned what is a bit of spare change to people when it can make you/everyone who has donated feel that bit happier about themselves.

looking forward to seeing your pictures you take with it (y)

Matt

In for a bit of gentle reading and thought Hello, what have we here?!

But, (y) of course... PP Sent

Enjoy whatever comes your way folks

Best Wishes

Alistair

A forum is only a collection of people with a common interest, in our case photography, its nothing magical, its only as good as the people involved. I have always felt that this is the friendliest forum I have ever been a part of, but then its the only forum I have ever been a part of :shrug:

Having followed this thread since the start yesterday evening, I am totally blown away by the response (apart from one member apparently, who can be discounted) and am honoured to have been a part of it.
Apart from helping Julian, its shown what warmth there is in our hearts when a fellow member is down on his luck, Congratulations to everyone involved and to Rob for having the foresight to start this thread and for organising it, and to everyone who is supplying equipment too.

I hope you had a good rest last night Julian, and whatever equipment you have, good luck with it, and I sincerely hope you get heaps of enjoyment from it, you deserve it mate (y)

PS. Don’t forget to let us see the pics

I just want to see Julian's face when all the goodies arrive or he gets taken on a shopping trip.......by Rob;)

As an alternative to the D5000 (because of its pivoting screen) there is another option which would provide even more flexibility - a Zigview S2 Live.

This would allow Julian to chose from a wider range of cameras, including (ahem) Canon.

Bloody eck lads! I pop in after a days break and there's a 18 page corker of a thread waiting for me. Great stuff! Count me in. PP on the way shortly (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back