Daily Donnie's 365 - 2014

Yeah, it was already cropped and I did think they were both distracting but to crop it more Id lose the spire :-(

A clear case where it would have been worthwhile to have been more careful / thoughtful in camera when actually shooting I think.

Day 15 - Bedford High Street

A quick shot of Debenhams on Bedford High Street with the Faces Sculpture on the right.

Now if only it wasn't such a featureless sky, still, 10 minutes later it was raining hard!

015-365-2014
by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Day 17 - Newcastle Brown Ale Triplets

Seeing as there's an offer on at the local corner shop I just couldn't buy one!

So, one for tonight and another two for the weekend.

017-365-2014

Last edited:
Day 20 - The Swan Hotel, Bedford

Those of you familiar with Bedford will be familiar with The Swan Hotel at the side of the river but I just had to get some of the wildlife in the foreground on such a beautiful winters sunshine day!

020-365-2014

Right some catching up to be done as again been on two 12.5 hour days so, including one for today we have....

Day 21 - Lettuce Macro

A simple straight shot of a sliced lettuce using my macro lens, lit by natural daylight.

021-365-2014

Day 21 I like the textures in the lettuce and it's lit well with the natural light.
Day 22 looks very well done ( I am no expert at people photography ).
Day 23 good shot can see the detail in the penny I like it.

Day 24 - I blame Nik Skeat

I don't really but he's a mate from many moons ago and I keep seeing his facebook posts about real ale and the likes so I've been recently veering from my usual tipple.

This shots a quick simple iphone shot, processed in Black and White with a high contrast filter added.

024-365-2014

It was a bit of an awkward one to do I have to admit and I'd have liked the reflector to be more in focus but the depth of field was too shallow to get it and the tip of the bulb together :-(

Anyway, Ive been behind due to treating the wife all weekend for her birthday so here's my catchups :)

First is a pure snap and nothing else.

Day 26 - La Piazza

A snap of some mates at La Piazza on a cold rainy Sunday

026-365-2014

Day 27 - Bletchley Park Post Office

Visited Bletchley Park with the wife for her birthday and was astounded by some of the stories and the people that worked here who helped to win World War ll.

If you get a chance you really should go!

027-365-2014

Day 30 - Mmmmmmmmm

I couldn't resist a photo of these gorgeous cakes from a new cafe in Bedford's High Street where I brought the wife and eldest child today. And yes they did taste as good as they look!

030-365-2014

Day 31 - An Elephant in Kempston

Obviously not a real one, it’s the name of the Chinese & Thai Restaurant in Kempston that’s been going now for about a year now and it just reminds me how good it is to support independent shops in general, both in Kempston and Bedford.

031-365-2014

Back