Daily Donnie's 365 - 2014

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Well, tried this for the first time in 2013 and only made it to about day 205/6 so I'm going to give it another go this year and hope to do better :)

So, to begin:

Day 1

A simple photo of a glass of whisky and ice on my sitting room table backlit with only the light from our Christmas Tree.

Taken hand held with my new 5D and my 50mm f1.8, then a slight sharpen, straighten and crop.

001-365-2014
by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

OP
OP
Donnie
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Day 3

Weather

A quick shot (as I'm on a night shift tonight) through my living room window of the storm passing us by right now.

It's a bit of an abstract I know but I deliberately wanted to get the depth of field so shallow that not only was the background blurred but even the raindrops are blurred the further into the right hand side of the frame you go.

003-365-2014

OP
OP
Donnie
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Thanks both :)

Todays is

Day 8 - Ikea Wicker Macro

This is a macro shot of an Ikea wicker basket I have in my TV unit as I thought the texture would be an interesting subject.

Quite a challenging shot this one actually as I don’t have a dedicated manual lens, so used a set of manual extension tubes, an old M42 Pentacon lens with adaptor on manual and obviously used a tripod as I wanted to get a decent depth of field as well as only using natural daylight from my patio windows.

It was certainly a tricky shot and I ended up adjusting the sharpness and a little burning on some of the highlights too which has given it a contrasty feel which I like.

008-365-2014

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Being a biker my self I think the difference between scooter and moped's is the engine cc, personally I find mopeds are closely related to hair dryers on wheels.
:)

Not sure what to say about day ten, other than I think I'd like to been a bit closer to the battery.