Beginner double exposure

Name
Ron
Edit My Images
No
new to digital photography, i was just wondering with film photography you could make a double exposure with the camera. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way you could do it now is either lightroom or photoshop?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way you could do it now is either lightroom or photoshop?

Any pixel editor is most likely to support your ambition in this. :cool:

new to digital photography, i was just wondering with film photography you could make a double exposure with the camera. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way you could do it now is either lightroom or photoshop?

Have a look in your camera manual for exposure bracketing.

Dougie.

Have a look in your camera manual for exposure bracketing.

Dougie.

I know how to exposure bracket. But with that you just end up with two exposures. Double exposure is two diffent subjects on the same frame.

Found it, multiple exposures comes under the drive button options.

On the Fuji's you can use different film simulations for each shot, so you can mix colour and mono!!!

I am at a loss to understand why anyone would do these things in camera in this digital age.
You have far more control just shooting individual images and doing the manipulations in post processing.

For some people, it's the random nature of the thing that makes for the attraction; if you use Photoshop you're in control which isn't the same thing at all.

For some people, it's the random nature of the thing that makes for the attraction; if you use Photoshop you're in control which isn't the same thing at all.

Are you saying that I am a Control freak:eek::dummy:

Are you saying that I am a Control freak:eek::dummy:

O, perish the thought! Much, much worse - you can't even understand the mindset of anyone who isn't :D

Have a :jaffa: and calm down

:film:

In the days of manual cameras, it was often possible to trick the camera into doing a double exposure by holding the film rewind button in while winding on. This cocked the shutter but disconnected the film advance. Some bodies have a double exposure option too. (The above refers to 35mm bodies.) Not as familiar with MF kit but I do know that my Mamiya TLR can do multiple exposures.

for really random effects, you should see some of the stuff that the filmies did with a "travelling holga" a few years ago - we sent a plastic fantastic camera around the country for about 18 months, After I'd loaded the camera first time, and shot 4 frames (not winding on after the 4th image, each person took 4 frames, 1 over the last persons shot, 2 of their own, then another shot without winding which became the first shot of a double exposure from the next person... we burned around 5 rolls of film doing this and got some completely random stuff...

some of the results are in the film & conventional group on flickr... As I did the processing/scanning for the project, they ended up getting dropped into the group by me, so ignore the initial shots - look at the 120 format images at the end of the display...

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2762533@N23/pool/the_big_yin

Back