Double Exposure.

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
This might well be a stupid question but Is it possible to take a double exposure with a DSLR?

This might well be a stupid question but Is it possible to take a double exposure with a DSLR?

An interesting question but I would surmise not because unlike in film days when there were ways of cocking the shutter without advancing the film (if we are talking about roll film)

I wonder if there are any dSLR that can do it???

I believe it is a function on some cameras. The X-T3 had it (mirrorless, not DSLR) and I presume future revisions had it too. Quick Google says a 6D can do it but Sony A7 can't. Depends on the camera pretty much.

The Nikon D750 can do it too - max 3 exposures in a single photograph.

I'm sure there are other Nikon's that have it as a feature too.

I have a Nikon D610 and a D810 and they both will. In the menu it's called Multiple Exposure.

You can do it with the more humble Panasonic Lumix FZ1000;)!

Thanks for the responses. A little surprising as I half expected a flat can't be done:)

Reactions: Sky
You can do it with a 5D3 and 5D4. You can do up to 10 I recall.

bcfBjxs.jpg

You can with Olympus - I think as many times as you wish, but it does two frames at a time. You can also do it afterwards with two images saved on the camera. I was playing with it just this week... I took one photo of the face picture and then another of the guitar, superimposing it over the first image - just mucking about as obviously a 600mm in your lounge at ISO 6400 is not ideal!

20201030BC130003_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Back