weekly Drodd's Photo52 for 2011 - Week 51, 52 and bonus: Light, Glass, Nature (post 1545)

Hi Dawn
I like your composition for living. I feel you were correct in changing the image to mono. It just looks right.

Hiya Ceri, thank you for your feedback and I have to agree the mono does work best after looking at the original.

Great idea, Cost of Living :confused: I like the thought process and the result! Well done, I'm still trying...my attempts today (when I finally had an idea) was a dismal failure!

Hiya Tina, thank you for the feedback .... I look forward to seeing you take on the theme. Don't feel alone, there have been times when I have had to take a shot over and over again with slight adjustments to try to get what I intended for the theme. The main thing is ...... you are still with us so deep into the project. You have been an absolute star and support throughout the challenge and for that I give you praise Dxxxx

Dawn...

I really like your safe shot... its like a poster the fire brigade would release!

The shot itself is good... the blur on the fire caused by the long exposure and the stopped down aperture to produce the star effect of the light to the right is just great!

Not long to go now.... although the busiest time of year to find the time... week on week.

Mark

Hiya Mark, Wow you don't know how much that means to me .... you finally like one of my shots. And yes, I gave a lot of thought to the technicalities taking this shot (i.e.., I had my photography thinking cap on :LOL:). and was wanting to capture the star effects were what I wanted in the shot (and other shots from the night), great ambiance and the light bursts really added to same.

Indeed not long to go ..... but I am now counting the days ... I just want to complete this project ....I don't think I will be repeating same in the new year. I have other projects that I want to focus my attention on. There have been themes during this year that are not my 'cup of tea' and it is with that I have decided to rather take a break from the 52 and focus my attention more on the type of photography that I enjoy.

Thanks to all for your very valued feedback.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Dawn :wave:

1st off....can't believe you're not gonna be with us next year :crying: Tis gonna be a different place without you ,I for one have learnt loads from you....thanks big time (y) I & I'm sure the rest of the crew in here appreciate you have other projects you want to concentrate on...wish I could settle one one or 2 subjects but each week seems to bring something else grab my attention & I'm off on another tangent :LOL: Saw your post in the 52's thread ( where the themes are posted) & think you drawing the themes would be just great...keeps you involved to a degree but without the weekly pressure ...

Whatever you decided to do I wish you all the luck in the world.....but don't be a stranger...still need to keep in touch & sort some togging days & weekends out n about ...if you're game ?

& by the way....most of the themes have not been my cup of tea either :LOL: but it has been a great learning & interest broadening experience...I'd like to thanks each & everyone on here who helped me along the way :crying::crying:

Feel much better for that :LOL:

Right , now where were we....oh yes, Living....

Liking your idea...very fitting for the theme , like the color conversion ,though it seems to have a purpley hue on my screen ? Love the jar...nicely focused on it & no glare or real highlights which I know is quite difficult (y)

However, I do see where Andy's coming from with his oof comment....if you take away thre writing....the jar is in focus but the coins seem not to be....it may be an optical illusion :shrug: I also suspect that trying to get both jar & coins in focus would be quite hard . I've just viewed on large on Flickr but still no clearer in my mind .

So how many weeks torture left ? C'mon girly....you know you can do it & finish on what I suspect will be a tremendous set of images :clap:

Hi Dawn

1st off....can't believe you're not gonna be with us next year ( Tis gonna be a different place without you ,I for one have learnt loads from you....thanks big time (y) I & I'm sure the rest of the crew in here appreciate you have other projects you want to concentrate on...wish I could settle one one or 2 subjects but each week seems to bring something else grab my attention & I'm off on another tangent :LOL: Saw your post in the 52's thread ( where the themes are posted) & think you drawing the themes would be just great...keeps you involved to a degree but without the weekly pressure ...

Whatever you decided to do I wish you all the luck in the world.....but don't be a stranger...still need to keep in touch & sort some togging days & weekends out n about ...if you're game ?

& by the way....most of the themes have not been my cup of tea either :LOL: but it has been a great learning & interest broadening experience...I'd like to thanks each & everyone on here who helped me along the way :crying::crying:

Feel much better for that :LOL:

Right , now where were we....oh yes, Living....

Liking your idea...very fitting for the theme , like the color conversion ,though it seems to have a purpley hue on my screen ? Love the jar...nicely focused on it & no glare or real highlights which I know is quite difficult (y)

However, I do see where Andy's coming from with his oof comment....if you take away thre writing....the jar is in focus but the coins seem not to be....it may be an optical illusion :shrug: I also suspect that trying to get both jar & coins in focus would be quite hard . I've just viewed on large on Flickr but still no clearer in my mind .

So how many weeks torture left ? C'mon girly....you know you can do it & finish on what I suspect will be a tremendous set of images :clap:

Hiya Babes,

Thanks for your feedback and soz I won't be partaking in next year, but it is a decision I have had to take. I just don't have the time, and with my current state of health, I just don't feel I can manage it all again. Perhaps in 2012 I may tackle another Photo52, but for now my photography will be focused on
new ventures .... so watch this space ;) I will however pop into the 52's to provide support as I have throughout this year.

You are seeing right about the coins not being in focus .... that was the whole part of the equation ..... the fact that the cost of living has such an impact that even the most minor of of monetary value has no relevance in the economy :crying: [I have been subject to this type of monetary recession too many times in my life (especially with the ZAR/UK Sterling exchange!)]

So this was quite a poignant subject for moi!

Cheers

Doh.....sometimes I do have a tendancy to miss the point :LOL:

No worries babes, sometimes photography brings out the best, or is that the worst in a person :LOL:

We all have our photo demons and passions ... and hell babes that is what you need to follow!

You have a raw talent for sport togging and you need to follow that!

I look forward to seeing many more pics from you hun!

Cheers

Dxxx

The safe money shot is one of my favourites in the set dawn, the lighting and composition is fab.

I like the lighting on living, I feel that it would be better without the text there, and maybe one of those border shots.

It's well lit and nice composition again (y)

The safe money shot is one of my favourites in the set dawn, the lighting and composition is fab.

I like the lighting on living, I feel that it would be better without the text there, and maybe one of those border shots.

It's well lit and nice composition again (y)

Hiya Joe, thank you for the comments and feedback. Glad you like the 'safe' money shot .... I don't think many have noticed that I posted another photo for SAFE.

I am of the impression that you don't like text on photos as you have made comment of same about previous pics. No problem though, just an observation and something I guess individuals will either like or not.

By adding the text to 'living' .... I was trying to create a sort of 'poster' feel, hence the reason for adding the text.

You always leave such detailed feedback, which is much appreciated (y)

I like both your safe shots with the first probably being my fave.

Also really like your living shot. I think we all know how that is at the moment!!

Hi Lisa, thank you for the comments. Indeed I agree about you last statement .... if only the cost of living didn't have such an impact ..... I would be able to afford a lot more photography equipment :D

Cheers

Cool, someone behind like me who's thread I can view without seeing weeks 47 and 48!!

Love the idea for the living theme Dawn.
As has been said, the coins are OOF slightly and it looks to lean a little.
The OOF coins don't bother me and I think they add to the image, but the lean, IMHO, should be addressed, even if it is an illusion.

The PP though is great, the background really adds to the image as does the shadow.
The font you've used is good too, it really suits the meaning.

All round great shot.

Cool, someone behind like me who's thread I can view without seeing weeks 47 and 48!!

Love the idea for the living theme Dawn.
As has been said, the coins are OOF slightly and it looks to lean a little.
The OOF coins don't bother me and I think they add to the image, but the lean, IMHO, should be addressed, even if it is an illusion.

The PP though is great, the background really adds to the image as does the shadow.
The font you've used is good too, it really suits the meaning.

All round great shot.

Hiya Neil,

Indeed behind .... although I have the photos, I just can't make my mind up which to post so lagging behind slightly. I think my Photo52 ticker is slowly winding down :LOL:

Thanks for the comments and feedback about 'Living' ... I will see what I can do about the lean of the bottle (perhaps just a slight rotation will sort it out).

Cheers

Hi .... so close to the end .......

Can't believe I have come this far .... and there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

So speaking of 'light' here is my take for this one after spending a day out at the Crimbo market in Manchester last weekend:

1. Night Lights

6442809835_11571e4b97_b.jpg

[/url] Night Lights (9382) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

2. Winter light

6442811375_3761b13033_b.jpg

[/url] A wet winter evening in Manchester (9389) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Then onto the re-shoot for the week ....

Keeping with the Manchester outing I decided I wanted to find a photo that I could play with (in true drodd style) ... and here is one I took of the skyscape of Manchester from the Manchester Big Wheel ..... which seems to fit with the previous clutter and chaos themes ..... two versions:

a) Clutter/Chaos

6443208283_f5f8b0f151_b.jpg
[/url]
Manchester (9303) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

b) Clutter/Chaos

6443138741_7fd0d37764_b.jpg
[/url]
Manchester Abstract by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

c) and I also decided to add another to the Blur week, only because I like this one :D

6442815489_69d133c1bc_b.jpg

[/url] Hard Rock Cafe (9377) after a few ;-) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

As per usual any c&c will be much appreciated, even though the latter may be a bit OTT for some.

Cheers

Last edited:
dawn...a wet winter evening...i love it. there's an atmosphere to that that many photos don't get...the lighting, the shapes the people...the wheel pod outlines there's so much more to this night scene than just a photo of lights.. (y) (y) (y) (y)

As I said on Flickr, #5 is the one for me. Great colours and simplicity.

I like the raw nature of #1 and #2, especially the fact that a lot of the photographs appear very dark and moody. I prefer #3 with the wheel and the long yellow/orange reflection.

#3 and #4 are a bit...errrmmm, for me. I do like the muted colours and they remind me of the illusions where you have to stare at the poster and then something 'springs' out. In fact, having looked again. #4 might look good as a poster but not as good as #5...(y)

Final stretch indeed. Wonder what today will bring. I'm hoping or a challenging finish :bonk:

Cheers.

dawn...a wet winter evening...i love it. there's an atmosphere to that that many photos don't get...the lighting, the shapes the people...the wheel pod outlines there's so much more to this night scene than just a photo of lights.. (y) (y) (y) (y)

in fact...flickr here i come!! (y)

Hiya Kev, wow thanks for the kind words about the 'wet winter evening' .... I must say I like the atmosphere captured in this one too.

As I said on Flickr, #5 is the one for me. Great colours and simplicity.

I like the raw nature of #1 and #2, especially the fact that a lot of the photographs appear very dark and moody. I prefer #3 with the wheel and the long yellow/orange reflection.

#3 and #4 are a bit...errrmmm, for me. I do like the muted colours and they remind me of the illusions where you have to stare at the poster and then something 'springs' out. In fact, having looked again. #4 might look good as a poster but not as good as #5...(y)

Final stretch indeed. Wonder what today will bring. I'm hoping or a challenging finish :bonk:

Cheers.

Hiya Andy, thanks for the comments and feedback. Glad you like #5 .... I was quite pleased how this one came out. #3 & #4 were me having some pp fun again, which I haven't really done much of lately so I thought I'd throw some into the bag :D

I will be uploading 'Cute' later today and then I should be back on track.

Not long to go now till the finish.

Cheers

<snip>
<snip>
Cheers.

:plus1: (I'm low on words today :confused:)

OMG Dawn....what a week for you :LOL:

Not sure where to start ?

Your reshoot for Blur....absolutely loved this the 1st time I saw it....initially I thought it was an electric guitar....love the colors..:clap: What did the words say....I keep seeing Harry Potter :LOL:

Clutter/Chaos....don't ya just love picnik :D They both say more Abstract to me but I can see the connection to Clutter/Chaos....whatever the theme I really like both images. As per Andy , they do remind of those images with hiden images in them...indeed I spent a while trying to " see" something within them :LOL: Of the 2 I prefer the muted colors of the 2nd... at least I think I do....maybe the 2nd image with the colors of the 1st image would be my prefered choice......I know I know...I'm never satisfied am I ??

Light....love the Wet Winter image...can't put my finger on why thoug...the big wheel sets it off I think :clap:

OMG Dawn....what a week for you :LOL:

Not sure where to start ?

Your reshoot for Blur....absolutely loved this the 1st time I saw it....initially I thought it was an electric guitar....love the colors..:clap: What did the words say....I keep seeing Harry Potter :LOL:

Clutter/Chaos....don't ya just love picnik :D They both say more Abstract to me but I can see the connection to Clutter/Chaos....whatever the theme I really like both images. As per Andy , they do remind of those images with hiden images in them...indeed I spent a while trying to " see" something within them :LOL: Of the 2 I prefer the muted colors of the 2nd... at least I think I do....maybe the 2nd image with the colors of the 1st image would be my prefered choice......I know I know...I'm never satisfied am I ??

Light....love the Wet Winter image...can't put my finger on why thoug...the big wheel sets it off I think :clap:

Hiya Lynne,

Thanks for the great compliments and feedback. Indeed this was a week for me and fortunately the trip to Manchester was a successful outing for photography.

The blurred guitar is the Hard Rock café lighting on the Printworks building in Manchester. Had a :LOL: at your Harry Potter interpretation .... which conjured up ideas of him riding this guitar as opposed to his broomstick :D

Indeed I do like to have a play with images in Picnik, and it has been a little while since I did so, hence why I decided to do something a bit creative this week. The photo of this image is a shot of the roof tops of various buildings and was taken from up on the Manchester Wheel. My mum and I braved the ride, needless to say .... we both felt a big green disembarking the ride as the pod was swaying quite a bit :puke: I couldn't believe the various shapes and clutter/chaos of the buildings from an aerial view and thought this would make for an interesting chaotic/cluttered abstract. I like the idea of the hidden image within a pic and I may try to compose one some day.

Glad you like 'A Wet Winter Evening in Manchester' .... I do like this one myself and happy with how this came out.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Today I am going to upload 'Cute' and think about what to do for the new theme of Talk.

Not long to go now until the end of this project.

Cheers

Both pics for light are great, I really like the winter light one

The 2nd abstract for me Dawn, thats a great looking effect.

Hard rock cafe is just cool!

Hiya Michael,

Thank you for the kind comments (y)

Cheers

Hiya all,

Thanks for the c&c on week 47 Light and re-shoot, much appreciated.

Finally getting up to date and when I saw the theme of 'Cute', I immediately knew what I was going to do. Without doubt, I am sure that any parent when asked what the cutest thing in the world to them is .... it will be their child or children.

So it is for me ... my son Reuben is the most precious and cutest for me and every day he grows he just gets cuter and cuter :love:

Here he is posing for the camera in true Roo style:

1. Blowing Kisses (something he does so many times in a day)

6445074019_42e4daec38_b.jpg

[/url] Blowing kisses (9433) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

2. The cute Roo smile

6445073397_83b70f97ef_b.jpg

[/url] Reuben (9426) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

3. Mono

6449176659_f995104069_b.jpg

[/url] Reuben mono (9424) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

(Thanks to Roo for being the best son I could ever dream of having ... mum loves you so much.)

Any constructive feedback will be much appreciated as portrait photography is something I am not comfortable with yet and still need a lot more practice, especially when I manage to get the right lights, soft boxes etc. which is something I am looking to invest in during the next year.

Cheers

#1 Good choice of background as it remains neutral. Good pose and he's clearly happy in front of the camera ;) Like it (y)

#2 & 3 are again good poses. But the light looks as if it has blown out lights on his cheeks and head, this is exacerbated (imo) in the black and white version.

So #1 wins my vote (y)

Hi, I'm viewing on a small screen and will return later.

I love the hat and the bg.

I'd like to see in portrait.

Nice smile as well )

Hiya Andy,

Thanks, I love the hat too and the background is the same that I used in my 'New' theme.

Unfortunately the tripod I had the camera set up on can't rotate to portrait, so had to do these in landscape.

#1 Good choice of background as it remains neutral. Good pose and he's clearly happy in front of the camera ;) Like it (y)

#2 & 3 are again good poses. But the light looks as if it has blown out lights on his cheeks and head, this is exacerbated (imo) in the black and white version.

So #1 wins my vote (y)

Hiya Tina,

Thank you for the comments and feedback. Roo does like to be in front of the camera, but not for too long.

I was debating about the blown lights on #2 & #3 and tried to tone it down a bit, but obviously not enough.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn, all of them are bang on theme, loving the smile in number 2, it is a shame about those blown spots.So number 1 for me, would work well in a portrait format.

Hiya Michael,

Thank you for the comments and feedback. As I mentioned to Andy, unfortunately I couldn't rotate tripod head to take a portrait shots, so unless I crop to portrait I can't capture same expression again .... as you know some of these moments are impromptu.

As for the blown highlights .... I'm not sure why that happened as all that was lighting the shot was a standard lamp with an energy saving bulb behind me and quite a slow shutter speed.

Anyway, portraits is something I still need a lot of practice with, and much to learn .... which is something I intend to focus on in the new year.

Cheers

Hi Dawn,

Recognised the light shots straight off, I work in Manchester!
However, I'm not a fan of the images, they're too dark for my liking.
Composition and content (especially the second) look good, I just wish I could see more detail.

I love the Hard Rock shot.
The PP is good and the image appeals.

Cute, I'm betting many children starred in this one.
Ru has done great as your little model.
I'm preferring the first one, but the others are good too.
I'd prefer a closer crop for them too.

Love the first shot of Roo. He seems to like having his picture taken and what a lovely smile. Great cute shots but not too fussed on the B&B version.

Hi Dawn,

Recognised the light shots straight off, I work in Manchester!
However, I'm not a fan of the images, they're too dark for my liking.
Composition and content (especially the second) look good, I just wish I could see more detail.

I love the Hard Rock shot.
The PP is good and the image appeals.

Cute, I'm betting many children starred in this one.
Ru has done great as your little model.
I'm preferring the first one, but the others are good too.
I'd prefer a closer crop for them too.

Hiya Neil,

Wow you have some distance to travel then if you work in Manchester.

Perhaps you aren't a fan of the dark images because you normally skive off early from work and don't get to see Mancs in the dark :LOL:

These were taken under the brollie, as it was raining, so I had limited scope in some respects, but I know what you mean about the detail. I would have liked to get more ...... a good excuse to visit Manchester again ... at night.

I like the Hard Rock shot too and happy with how it turned out .... especially as that is what I had in mind when taking the shot.

Indeed, I would expect anyone's kids would feature in 'cute'. Roo is accommodating as a model (but only for a very short time .... so I have a limited window of opportunity :LOL: .... as you probably know .... that is unless they are sleeping)

I tried a closer crop .... but it didn't gel well with the background .... sort of threw things out of proportion ... and with my OCD .... I had to get the balance right. Just not sure I got it right though.

Thanks for your critique (y)

Love the first shot of Roo. He seems to like having his picture taken and what a lovely smile. Great cute shots but not too fussed on the B&B version.

Hiya Ceri,

Roo does like to pose for the camera .... but as mentioned above .... only for a short time (KIDS! :LOL:)

Thank you for the compliment of his smile ..... it is the one thing that I look forward to seeing every day when he wakes up.

I've never really been too keen on B&W portraits .... so I can understand where you are coming from with regards to same.

Cheers

Hiya ....

OMG I had so many ideas for this theme .... however .... I decided to go with the one for now .... and if I get time this week I may get another.

But rather than fall behind again .... as I still have to get the 'weather' shot .... I thought it best to post at least one for 'Talk':

6504250659_a65e1ef381_b.jpg

[/url] Talk to me .... but don't expect an answer! (9536) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

I don't know if it is just me .... but I am slowly starting to run out of steam on the Photo52 ..... it has been a long journey and I don't think folk realise what a challenge it will be at the onset.

Anywayz .... only 3 more to go for me ..... so hopefully I should be able to make it to the end.

Congratulations to all have come this far! :clap:

Cheers

Last edited:
Hiya Dawn I really like that! Im viewing on my phone and the text overlay appears to have worked well.
A great idea. I still.need to get my talk shot done. I have weather done and that is on flickr waiting to.be posted in order when I finally get my talk shot done.
It certainly is hard work right at the end as we are now. But its worth it. And a big well done from me for seeing it through.to the end.

Hiya Dawn I really like that! Im viewing on my phone and the text overlay appears to have worked well.
A great idea. I still.need to get my talk shot done. I have weather done and that is on flickr waiting to.be posted in order when I finally get my talk shot done.
It certainly is hard work right at the end as we are now. But its worth it. And a big well done from me for seeing it through.to the end.

Hi Michael, thanks for the comments and glad it looks okay on your phone. Hope you get your 'talk' shot soon, as you say you have 'weather' done already, which I still have to do.

Thank you for you kind words too about seeing the challenge to the end. You have been a fantastic support throughout the year with all your comments etc.

Compliments of the Season to you and your family.

Cheers

D :)

Dawn, don't knock yourself.

Image = theme, check
Well exposed, check
Well lit, check
Imaginative, check

What's your problem?

Hiya Tina, thanks you little equation is great and encouraging.

I have no problem :thinking: (well except for going a little crazy this year :LOL:) and I am looking forward to finishing this challenge now.

I'll probably give the next Photo52 a miss and join in the year after again.

Thanks too for your support through this challenge.

We have actually got a great team this year.

Have a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Cheers

I don't know if it is just me .... but I am slowly starting to run out of steam on the Photo52 ..... it has been a long journey and I don't think folk realise what a challenge it will be at the onset.

My passions for photography hasn't changed, but over the last 2 themes, I seem to have dipped a tad. I've not thought in any detail about the latest theme :thinking:

I might check out this POTY that's been mentioned (y)

Dawn, don't knock yourself.

Image = theme, check
Well exposed, check
Well lit, check
Imaginative, check

What's your problem?

As Tina said...

Now I know you couldn't photograph the real thing, but you've done a good job on this one.

Hi ya Dawn

think I've commented on Flickr about your Cute images....like all of them & well done to Roo for helping out (y) Of the 3 I think my fave is #2....the processing on #1 doesn't sit quite right for me & whilst I like the mono #3 I feel the color just adds something :clap:

& I'm with you on running out of team for the challenge...maybe it's cos the end is so close & the time of year is taking up much of our togging time , but you will make it (y)

Talk....this took me by surprise somewhat...not sure what I expected of you but I do like it...nice n simple, nice text style & I really want to frame it & put it behind my desk at work :LOL:

great shot , how did you get the colour - did you have to add anything ? looks very natural

Hiya Ingid, thank you for the comments, and apologies for the delay in response ..... I get so wrapped up in other folks threads .... I forget to check my own :nuts:

I didn't add anything .... this is pretty much a SOOC shot .... just added the text. Bit of an easy one this week really ...... which surprised me as I normally put so much thought into the execution. But just goes to show what one can do with very little thought.

My passions for photography hasn't changed, but over the last 2 themes, I seem to have dipped a tad. I've not thought in any detail about the latest theme :thinking:

I might check out this POTY that's been mentioned (y)

As Tina said...

Now I know you couldn't photograph the real thing, but you've done a good job on this one.

Hiya Andy .... believe me .... I know where you are coming from .... and YES one is all enthusiastic and ready to go at the beginning .... but as one passes the half-way mark ..... it becomes a chore (hence why I have so much respect for Matt and his 365).

In an uncanny way I think our mid-term break /meet kind of spurred us on, to get to where we are today .... god we had such a good time! Perhaps one needs to compile a 'Lessons Learned' list from previous Photo52's ..... to a point where one can actively participate and be encouraged to continue same to the end (because there are so many who fizzled out over the year) .

One thing I have learned this year is ...... if you feel/think you will not succeed at completing at Photo52 (for whatever reasons) ..... don't DO IT! Because at the end of the year (despite how far you got) .... you will kick yourself all the way to HELL for not completing .... when you reflect back and think .... ***** I could have done that!!!!

Hi ya Dawn

think I've commented on Flickr about your Cute images....like all of them & well done to Roo for helping out (y) Of the 3 I think my fave is #2....the processing on #1 doesn't sit quite right for me & whilst I like the mono #3 I feel the color just adds something :clap:

& I'm with you on running out of team for the challenge...maybe it's cos the end is so close & the time of year is taking up much of our togging time , but you will make it (y)

Talk....this took me by surprise somewhat...not sure what I expected of you but I do like it...nice n simple, nice text style & I really want to frame it & put it behind my desk at work :LOL:

Hiya Lynne, thanks for the feedback ..... much appreciated..... and don't feel alone babes .... I think the remnants of the 52'ers are feeling the same flak .... it is a long haul and you know what .... hats off to us all for doing it! For whatever reason we started .... when we get to that 52 we will rejoice with song and dance and lots of hugs and kisses .... that will be well worth it! We have formed some fantastic friendships over the year, got to know each other and above all ..... share a common interest ...... PHOTOGRAPHY ..... long may we prosper, grow, learn and enjoy our hobby/profession!!!

You have all been amazing throughout this year ...... and I thank you all for that!

D xxxx

Last edited:
Great idea for talk Dawn.

Hiya Neil, thanks .... I'm quite pleased with how it turned out ;)

I have got so many shots for 'weather', I can't make up my mind which to post .... but hopefully will be able to decide tonight and get them posted.

Not long to go now till the finale.

Thanks for all your support, comments, critique and encouragement throughout the year. You are a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet you at the first meet. Look forward to meeting up again in the New Year.

Merry Christmas to you, Catherine and your children .... may you be blessed with so much joy and happiness.

Cheers

Back