weekly DrRusty's 2012 Photo 52 Challenge -WK16 (Pride Added)

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Time to really put my new camera to use and look to improve my photography. We will see at the end of the year if,
a) I make it
and
b) If I actually get better

Wk1 - Direction
Wk2 - Fear
Wk3 - Sigh
Wk4 - Sweet
Wk5 - Secure
Wk6 - Industry
Wk7 - Roots
Wk8 - Handmade
Wk9 - Money
Wk10 - Win
Wk11 - Shiny
Wk12 - Magical (Joker)
Wk13 - Vice (Caught up)
Wk14 - Entrance (Caught up)
Wk15 - Soft
Wk16 - Pride (ADDED)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Richard....best of luck with your challenge , look forward to seeing your images (y)

lots of luck (am losing track of these already lol)

michael23 said:
Richard, good luck with this, I look forward to seeing your pics, just completed this years, and will be doing it all over again for 2012. (y)

Me to ;-)

I deceided this morning to find the first thing to take a picture of that would fulfill the topic otherwise I would fail before I got started (better late than never).

Daughters windmill was the inspriation and movement (Spinning AROUND) was the direction.

Spinning Around 3 by RJ Fletcher, on Flickr

A good start. Nice and sharp in the centre. Maybe a small sat boost but that's all.

good luck with your project!

I thought about the saturation. I shot RAW so I can change it. However, I only have a netbook at present which won't run the copy of PS Elements 10 sat on my desk :-(
so editing will be limited.

michael23 said:
Hi Richard, that is better. It stands out quite well now.

Thank you :)

so many threads I can't keep track of which ones I've looked at.

blondie606 said:
Hi Richard

Really nice start to your project.....sometimes simple works so well....edited version hits the spot :clap:...well done for acting on comments

Keep up the good work (y)

Thanks just a quick edit after a quick do something tine is running out.

I just wish I had more scope to edit at the moment my digital darkroom is incomplete.

oh well 51 tp go and Fear is stumping me? :-$

Hi Richard, yep another vote for the edited version here. Got to love those colour and bang on theme, good work.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next 51

Rolyratman said:
Hi Richard, yep another vote for the edited version here. Got to love those colour and bang on theme, good work.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next 51

me too ;-)

Thanks

A different idea for the theme and a good one as well!! I like the brighter colours on the edited version as well.

I look forward to seeing your take on Fear!!

The brighter colours are a big improvement... intersteing take on the theme

jgs001 said:
The brighter colours are a big improvement... intersteing take on the theme

Thanks. It was all a bit rushed and this week is aim to end in the same way.

I think the edited version stands out, great start and welcome aboard

Week 2 - Fear

I struggled with Fear as a topic so I picked a "phobias" and used that to take a picture that would be a suffers worst nightmare.

Koumpounphobia - fear of buttons - an affliction that the late Steve job reportedly suffered from.

Koumpounophobia by RJ Fletcher, on Flickr

Last edited:
Manc Man said:
Nice photo and very nice DoF
once explianed it fits the theme very well.

Thanks

I'm not finding this easy or much time to take photos and now this week is "sigh" !!

Hello Richard,

Direction - I love the idea. The colours are great and I like the abstractness of it. The only thing for me personally, I would have preferred a tighter crop, perhaps a square.

Fear - After having read the description, I know what the idea behind the shot was, but unfortunately for me, the photo doesn't say Fear (if that makes sense?). To be honest I'm not sure it's possible to make buttons appear scary, unless you actually suffer from this phobia yourself and know exactly what it's all about. It is a nice picture, though!

Nathalie said:
Hello Richard,

Direction - I love the idea. The colours are great and I like the abstractness of it. The only thing for me personally, I would have preferred a tighter crop, perhaps a square.

Fear - After having read the description, I know what the idea behind the shot was, but unfortunately for me, the photo doesn't say Fear (if that makes sense?). To be honest I'm not sure it's possible to make buttons appear scary, unless you actually suffer from this phobia yourself and know exactly what it's all about. It is a nice picture, though!

I didn't expect the photo to actually make someone frightened few photographs ever will actually make the viewer enter the fight or flight reaction we would normally have in such circumstances.

Now whilst you are not afraid of buttons it is something that really does affect others and yet whilst "we" can accept peoples fears of the dark and ghost and failingvthe less common fears might mean we think the person us strange or odd ? yet aren't all fear irrational. Maybe my image is saying we are all afraid of something and maybe we should be glad it isn't buttons.

I didn't expect the photo to actually make someone frightened few photographs ever will actually make the viewer enter the fight or flight reaction we would normally have in such circumstances.

Now whilst you are not afraid of buttons it is something that really does affect others and yet whilst "we" can accept peoples fears of the dark and ghost and failingvthe less common fears might mean we think the person us strange or odd ? yet aren't all fear irrational. Maybe my image is saying we are all afraid of something and maybe we should be glad it isn't buttons.
I agree, a lot of fears are not rational and I am indeed glad I'm not afraid of buttons! ;)

Nathalie said:
I agree, a lot of fears are not rational and I am indeed glad I'm not afraid of buttons! ;)

Sorry didn't mean to rant and I understand your orginal point but I struggled with the topic so I took a "loose" view of the theme and looked for a "fear" to photograph. As the "Dark" was going to test the bounds of what a photograph is owing to the fundamently lack of light !!

I think this week will be a Joker "sigh"

Fear : I like it, and the DOF is good, but it doesn't say fear to me I'm afraid... Without the explanation... it would be a shot of buttons... I'm afraid I can't think of a way to incorporate that into the image...

Back