DSLR with in-built Linux computer

At first I thought, what the point, but then saw the video and though, I'd actually love that.
Shooting straight to my iPad would be awesome!

lovely idea
but you can shoot to a wifi source alreayd, eye-fi cards can shoot to a laptop, via tethering
you can backup to your android tablet of course, if you Root it and copy the folder required, similar to the above.

great solution, but I think it will be epically good when other reasons are discussed, as the items he suggests can already be achieved...

what about voice activated shoot or settings? advanced processing? or 3G dongle e-mailing without the use of a tablet or other device? so shoot? record, resize and 3G to your editor? yes you could do this with a phone/tablet but not as easily whilst you're shooting. thumbnails uploaded, editor selects and the camera responds by sending the full image mid football match without intervention by the photographer (for example) or a plugged in laptop source.

uuuhhhhrrgg Linux shudder :(:cautious::bonk:

Personally I have had a lot less problems with Windows.

Oggy said:
Personally I have had a lot less problems with Windows.

Uses too much memory, too much power and less stable than Linux. Any problems I've had with Linux is not knowing enough.

XP every time (or possibly NT4 which I have used as a stable real time op sys for my programs in the past).

windows Vista all the way for me :) 24Gb Ram 2 x Xeon processors and quadro Fx graphics. Never have a problem with it unsurprisingly, and before you ask yes I would run Win7 if I could. I ran lots of Unix boxes back in the day I wouldn't run one as a desktop now to much fiddling I just want it to work.

Got my Pi at the beginning of the week already have a little project up and running.

btw, plugged my android phone into my 7D last night
controlled it, liveview, setup a timer for consecutive shots at long exposure (will use this for star trails), remote control etc.
decent software for about a fiver but I haven't bought that version yet tbh

Back