DxO v2 ~ there is a grace period for free upgrade...ask, I did :)

Edit My Images
No
I had an email from DxO about their newest version of PhotoLab (current in 1.2.1) this is v2

Having had a look even on their own user forum and it seems many folk are underwhelmed...............remarking the improvements are more like a .dot release and not the next major version!

For me I cannot see any need to upgrade now, I have yet to get the best of the version I have right now ;)

It certainly doesn’t look as if it’s worth the upgrade price they’re asking. I’m waiting to be convinced or for them to make me a better offer around Christmas. If you are on a pre Photolab version then it is.

Last edited:
I really recommend Photolab for raw processing as a non-subscription alternative to Lightroom that's extremely capable and about half the price of Capture One ...

It just requires that you don't get irritated by all those pesky little sidecar files ...

FWIW an update

I put in a support ticket asking that as I only bought v1 just under 2 months ago what about a grace period. The prompt reply I got was OK......................I have amended your account to allow for the free upgrade :)

So anyone else who has bought under two months ago (maybe more???) it is worth raising a ticket to see what they say on a case by case basis???

HTH anyone else.

FWIW an update

I put in a support ticket asking that as I only bought v1 just under 2 months ago what about a grace period. The prompt reply I got was OK......................I have amended your account to allow for the free upgrade :)

So anyone else who has bought under two months ago (maybe more???) it is worth raising a ticket to see what they say on a case by case basis???

HTH anyone else.

From comments elsewhere it appears to be within 90 days.

From comments elsewhere it appears to be within 90 days.

On the basis of 90 days limit (3 months) I should not have needed to ask i.e. my online 'account' should have shown I was entitled to the free upgrade. As I recall, the wording in the support reply was that as I had purchased just before the grace period had started he set my account to "free".

Therefore, 90 days might not be the figure but perhaps 60 days???

On the basis of 90 days limit (3 months) I should not have needed to ask i.e. my online 'account' should have shown I was entitled to the free upgrade. As I recall, the wording in the support reply was that as I had purchased just before the grace period had started he set my account to "free".

Therefore, 90 days might not be the figure but perhaps 60 days???

No idea, I but repeat what I read elsewhere. 90 days certainly sounded generous to me, which is why it stuck in my mind.

I've sent them an e-mail too as I got mine at the end of august

I just got the free upgrade :pint:

To anyone using Photolab - any thoughts about the default presets? Do you let them run, or do you try to take charge?

Back