E-Cigarettes

So how are folks feeling about the EU TPD regulations? 20th May isn't it? Anyone stocking up?

2ml child proof non-drip tanks, 20mg nic & 10ml bottles max. Liquid ingredients to be registered with MHRA (at a fee) which is doubtless going to reduce consumer choice.

Doom I tell you - doom!

grumble grumble EU grumble grumble....

More info : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e-cigarettes-regulations-for-consumer-products

Yeah 20th may but shops still have a couple of months to sell off old stock (tanks over 2ml) to become complainant. The worst thing is after I believe November. Shops won't even be able to sell atomisers for the bigger tanks anymore once they sold off stock.

its shame as 2ml tank means filling up constant when at work. Use a dripper at home. But still cost of juice is going to be silly with 10ml bottles as well. Just glad I have a nice supply of my favourite juice that comes in 120 ml bottle stocked up :)

Stocked up on tanks and mods as well that I need to move on now.

How will this affect the consumer? (In a nutshell)

1 ) Wont be able to buy tanks that hold more than 2ml of liquid after November 2017, and no new tanks made must hold more than 2ml liquid from may 2016.. Meaning constantly having to refill tank and carry extra juice with you.
2) Wont be able to buy juice in bottle larger than 10ml (unless you buying 0% Nicotine, this is not covered by tpd ), Cost of juice will be more expensive, Good for shops, not for vapers.
3) From November 2017, shops wont be able to sell atomisers for tanks that hold more than 2ml of liquid ( not sure how true this is, but what I was told by joyetech UK)
4) With all the new checks and certificates needed to produce e juice, a lot of smaller company's that produce ejuice will cease, and overall cost of juice will rise

I think that basically it

Mmmm just another way of government getting more money from us! Another reason to leave EU

I'm alright for the foreseeable. I mix my own juice ,I've got over a hundred concentrates and 500ml Nic in the freezer with a litre due to arrive today. It won't really affect Diy Vapers,and might even weed out the Cowboys that sell cheap Chinesse as juice as premium.

I'm not going to say it's not worrying. But. At the moment I can go into a shop and buy glass bongs, waterpipes and even seeds for all kinds of herbs. What I'm trying to say is that I'm confident the TPD won't be as apocalyptic as we think.

Hopefully.

Mmmm just another way of government getting more money from us! Another reason to leave EU

Leaving the EU will have no affect on this. Once it's passed it's very unlikely to be changed or removed.

I do find it funny that when it was all in discussion and we were fighting it vaping was the new devil, now all the uk medical body's are saying it's far better than smoking and they advise to move to it. Just when they have supposedly got new contracts with American tobacco to supply them on the NHS. Mmmm

There the ones that can easily pay to pass these new laws.

Hmm, Interesting times ahead. Im thinking/hoping a lot of the stuff in the TPD won't get passed. Some of the stuff that I can see getting through will have a real impact on my vaping. For example the licensing for vape producers could be a real killer, as mentioned above this would put a lot of them out of buisness and probably put an end to any untested juice being imported to the UK. 95% of the vape I buy is US manufactured so that would be out the window. :(

Last edited:
Working in Vaping Retail, i'm getting the TPD question all the time now.

In all honestly, for the consumer, not that much is going to change, the prices will probably increase slightly, and getting liquid made outside of the EU will be harder (but no impossible because there is still loads of distributors in the UK that bring it in and will be paying for the SKUs. But you will be limited to 10ml bottles.

Having said this, its going to be a while off, we've got a year to start complying so everyone has a little while yet.

So my Eleaf istick 50w has got a problem! The digital display has gone wierd.
The device still works perfectly other than I cannot read the settings anymore! Anyone know if these are repairable or is it a brick??

So my Eleaf istick 50w has got a problem! The digital display has gone wierd.
The device still works perfectly other than I cannot read the settings anymore! Anyone know if these are repairable or is it a brick??

I would think with the cost of a new one from Amazon being around £30 it probably wouldn't be economically viable to repair.

Yes I thought the same ! I may contact Eleaf and see what the warranty length is.

Has this become more of a hobby than an solution to stopping the addiction cycle of real smoke? I can't think of what it must be like to have to do something that needs all this exterior crap - tanks, juice, vaporizer, batteries, chargers....must be a nightmare to be dependent on all this stuff. Why not have the goal of not needing it all in stead of having a collection of puffers and associated stuff to contend with? Or is being free of it all still the ultimate goal?

Yea it is a pain at times! All the kit and yea probably is a kind of hobby! I suppose the ultimate goal is to be smoke free but it's sooo nice!

I know lots of people who have switched to vaping as a stepping stone to giving up completely as well as several who have actually made the step to zero nicotine vaping. A few have even given up all forms of puffing! (ALL feel better for giving up the ciggies though.)

I know lots of people who have switched to vaping as a stepping stone to giving up completely as well as several who have actually made the step to zero nicotine vaping. A few have even given up all forms of puffing! (ALL feel better for giving up the ciggies though.)

I must admit the smell of someone vaping is by far more pleasant than someone on the fags. Although a bloke smelling of caramel is a bit odd.....:D IF it ultimately helps people pack the fags in then its a positive step even with the faf of it all.(y)

I've joined the ranks with a Cool Fire IV kit, strawberry flavour Zombie Juice PG, zero nicotine, as I kicked the nicotine cravings. For me the real hook is the action itself.
An unusual side effect is that I no longer crave sweet stuff like chocolate :D

Have to admit that I've been tempted to use one as a sweet fixer rather than fudge and/or chocolate etc..

I've definitely slowed down my sweet intake since taking this up. I've got a lovely glazed donut on the go now :)

Back