east sussex photography

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all,i live in eastbourne and am finding it hard to find realy nice landscape/seascape locations.

i look at other poeples photos on here and think "why cant i live near there".,by this i mean the lake district and such like.

yes we have the downs and beachy head etc,but so many people go and take the same photos of these sites.

anyone know of somewhere different i could try and whats peoples favorite places around east sussex ??

thanks all,chris.

East Sussex has some of the best places to shot landscapes.
The top ones that I can think of this early are
Bodium Castle
In and around Lewes (The views from Lewes Castle on the right day are amazing)
Hastings
and of course Brighton

can anyone recommend some spots to try ?

At the foot of Birling Gap on a day with a clear blue sky, almost anywhere on Pevensey Marshes off the main road on a day with clouds, Hastings - Old Town and Seafront (do a search in the meetings section between Christmas and the New Year for the last three years for links to images we have taken on various meets). As has been mentioned Bodium, around Brightling/Woods Corner, Ashdown Forest. Basically anywhere, you just have to take your camera out and look at an area and work out what time of day/year to go back to get the best results.

We might not have the lakes and mountains down here but we have rolling hills and valleys instead

Cuckmere Valley, Bexhill, Eastbourne itself is very photogenic. I have quite a few Sussex images on my flickr that might give you a few ideas as do many others on flickr.

Hastings Country park through to Rye Bay gives some cracking landscape and seascape opportunities. I keep meaning to shoot a sunrise from the beach below Ecclesbourne Glen. Should get some cracking colours on the waterfall.

waterfall? how big and where abouts is it? any good for a slow shutter photo? just got some nd filters id like to try out.

Ive just spent a day in seaford :) lovely place ,will edit some pics and upload for you later (y)

hi all,i live in eastbourne and am finding it hard to find realy nice landscape/seascape locations.

i look at other poeples photos on here and think "why cant i live near there".,but this i mean the lake district etc.

yes we have the downs and beachy head etc,but so many people go and take the same photos of these sites.

anyone know of somewhere different i could try and whats peoples favorite places around east sussex ??

thanks all,chris.

Take it in a way nobody has thought of yet.

You think the lake district hasn't been photographed just as much if not more?

waterfall? how big and where abouts is it? any good for a slow shutter photo? just got some nd filters id like to try out.

Not that big but the best we've got round here. You have to climb onto the beach at Rock-a-nor in Hastings Old Town and walk along about half a mile East. It's only accessible at low tide.

You can also get behind it.

You should try Camber during sunrise (if you're keen!) or sunset, you can get some stunning pictures at certain times of the year.
And, the kiteboarding scene there is massive, so if you fancy a go at some sports photography, I'd be happy to meet you there!

I've spent many an hour on top of Seven Sisters :D

Then when you get to Seaford, go up to the A27, head west and you're at the foot of The Downs all the way to Worthing and beyond...

booked the week of to go out walking on the downs and it rains,dont you just love this country,no rain for weeks then loads when im off :-(
anyone elso got a favorite spot in sussex ?
thanks to people who have replyed.

Have you tried Mad Jacks Pyramid Tomb....its not to far from Eastbourne and is wpquite an unusual thing to photograph.

Fairlight Glen is really pretty.

Not that big but the best we've got round here. You have to climb onto the beach at Rock-a-nor in Hastings Old Town and walk along about half a mile East. It's only accessible at low tide.

You can also get behind it.

Nice! Never seen this before - and I grew up down the road in Bexhill.

i look at other poeples photos on here and think "why cant i live near there".,by this i mean the lake district and such like.
You can live there. If you want to.

they can't be worse that sussex surely

As someone else from Sussex I would agree that this is one of the pricier regions. Looking forward to retiring and moving away! And has no one noticed the fact that this is a major thread resurrection? Gap of five years and the OP hasn't been online for 10 months!

hes moved to the lake district and now has negligible broadband :LOL:

And has no one noticed the fact that this is a major thread resurrection? Gap of five years and the OP hasn't been online for 10 months!
I noticed. Before I posted, I checked the OP's profile and it said he had been online just a moment before.

Or maybe there's a bug in the forum software, because it still says he was online just a moment ago. Here's a screenshot.

Maybe the email notifications reminded him to come back :)

Back