Eastbourne Airshow Spitfire from Beachy Head

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots from Eastbourne Airshow on the Saturday. It was pretty damn windy and it wasn't easy getting a steady shot lol. Luckily, the poorer weather meant there were less people getting in the way of my shots hehe. The last time I was there was for the last Vulcan flight and the weather was alright so it was rather busy!

I've got more to sort but here's two of them :)

Sea Skimming Spitfire 2 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Sea Skimming Spitfire 1 by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Salut Étienne,

you got far better takes than the ones I see…
With proper DRL only, you get better contrast,
sharper details, great micro-saturation and
cool tonal range…

Sea%20Skimming%20Spitfire2.jpg

Yeah, I already tweaked them but kept the processing light. When I process I try to keep some of the 'feel' of what it was like out there at that time. Yours feels a little contrasty for me but then again my monitor isn't exactly calibrated so it might just be me hehe :)

By coincidence, I am also a French Canadian living in Europe since 89!

I am also a French Canadian living in Europe since 89!

Je me doutais bien que tu es francophone mais d'où?

Ma suggestion se veut purement technique et ne tient
pas compte des conditions réelles… j'étais pas là! :cool:

I was a Francophone but I've been in the UK so long and was quite young when I moved so my written French is pretty bad lol.

I lived east of Quebec City in St-Raphael (Bellechasse) when I was a kid :)

Since in Europe, I lived in 18 countries — from short
to very long séjours — but I don't have the brains to
learn all those languages. My constant contacts with
Québec, France and Belgium kept my French to way
it is supposed to be!

I lived in Limoilou for some years for the studies but I
am from Montréal… down to the bones.

Since in Europe, I lived in 18 countries — from short
to very long séjours — but I don't have the brains to
learn all those languages. My constant contacts with
Québec, France and Belgium kept my French to way
it is supposed to be!

I lived in Limoilou for some years for the studies but I
am from Montréal… down to the bones.

My written French isn't great since I was 9 when we left but the speaking/listening etc is still ok but rusty! It's still fine for me to watch some Habs hockey though when I can find it :D

Very nice shots indeed, we were near the bandstand on the beach yesterday, great day.

I arranged to shoot from the roof of the 'View' hotel last year and that definitely has the best view of the show in Eastbourne. Shame about the weather yesterday! I often struggled to keep the camera steady and then it rained for about 20 minutes the rain moved on to Eastbourne at the same time as the Mig 15. It seemed like the Mig 15 display was cut short because of it

pretty good photos and good shutter speed prop blur.
Where were you get photos of spitfire from slight elevated angle ! ?

I was at Beachy Head, it's not just a famous suicide spot lol.

You don't get many photos there since the displays themselves are out of range for decent pics but a lot of the planes will enter or exit the display area via the cliffs so you get to take a few shots then.

I was at Beachy Head, it's not just a famous suicide spot lol.

You don't get many photos there since the displays themselves are out of range for decent pics but a lot of the planes will enter or exit the display area via the cliffs so you get to take a few shots then.

The Spitfire photos are very good as the angle is very different form the normal below or banking shots.
Good prop bluer and Sharpe image, a very good set of photos.

The Spitfire photos are very good as the angle is very different form the normal below or banking shots.
Good prop bluer and Sharpe image, a very good set of photos.

Thanks :) that's pretty much what I was aiming for. I normally try to go for a bit more prop blur but I was hand-holding and it was so windy I didn't really have a chance hehe

Back