Easy FTP programme for Mac

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Can someone reccomend an easy to use FTP programme for the Mac so i can update my website.

Many thanks

Andy

Whilst on the point of this software - on the default view when you create a new folder it always sends it to the root folder (even if you're a couple of folders deep). Anyone know of how to change this? Looked through the preferences briefly but nothing leaped out at me :thinking:

Have a look at this one - Yummy FTP

Does everything you need an ftp client to do with a "does what it says on the tin" attitude :)

Blimey, That was a quick response! Thanks peeps!!!

Whilst on the point of this software - on the default view when you create a new folder it always sends it to the root folder (even if you're a couple of folders deep). Anyone know of how to change this? Looked through the preferences briefly but nothing leaped out at me :thinking:

I just tested it, right clicked where I wanted the folder, new folder, named it and it was where I wanted it (a few levels down from home).

Cyberduck is the fastest and simplest to use.
Transmit is also good, but a bit slower.
Yummy is good for when the other two fail.

:D

I've got all three running on my mac. Yummy and Transmit are both commercial though. Cyberduck is totally free. I think that's right.

I've used Transmit for the past 6 years and have never had a problem.
Dead easy to use and good value for money. Leopard also has one built in but I've never worked out how to use it.

if you use Firefox try fireftp

never really got on with any of the others mentioned...have tried them though!

Nope!! Not getting to me until Friday. I just want to be ready to rock and roll when it comes.

Can't wait!! woo hoo!

I've been using filezilla.. It's my preferred PC client, and has the same interface...

Aha! Filezilla, i used to use that and liked it if i remember plus it's free! I'll check it out again.

thnx

Replace the 'os' with 'xx' so you have virtual woman xxx then see what you get!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

lol - i did mean other software when i asked but hey ho

~ google search: virtual woman xxx

ooooooooo :p

lol - i did mean other software when i asked but hey ho
When i get the Mac up and running i dare say i'll be back on here for other bits of software advice (y)

check out my blog for osx software recommendations :)

Superb blog you have there. I will scour it properly when i have time but for now thanks for the pointer (y)

Back