Emulsive.org Analogue Secret Santa 2017

Anyone got any idea where I can find a JCH 120 film case in the UK? My match has added it to his wish list and I think the request is a lot more reasonable than a Hasselblad film back!
I think the nearest supplier is Maco Direct in Germany, I'm not aware of a UK stockist.

My gift has been sent. I was going to include some sweets, but when I got to the post office, it turns out that foodstuffs may not be allowable to be sent via mail to some eastern European countries, and I didn't want to risk the time delay of the parcel being returned, so I removed them and they've just got some rolls of film instead. I think the total cost, including postage, has come to just over $30.

I wonder what I'll get?

I think the nearest supplier is Maco Direct in Germany, I'm not aware of a UK stockist.

Cheers guys, they were the only two places I as able to find too. I would have bought from Parallax but their postage is £5.95, so it's almost £18 for a small plastic case with a blokes name on it... Maybe I'll just send a an extra couple rolls of film instead!

Cheers guys, they were the only two places I as able to find too. I would have bought from Parallax but their postage is £5.95, so it's almost £18 for a small plastic case with a blokes name on it... Maybe I'll just send a an extra couple rolls of film instead!

I think the problem is that they’re all imported from Japan so they’re putting their costs onto it when they’re sold on.

I think the problem is that they’re all imported from Japan so they’re putting their costs onto it when they’re sold on.

Yeah I totally get that and it's fair enough. You're paying for something to be made on the other side of the world and then posted to your door, so it's not that bad.

Yeah I totally get that and it's fair enough. You're paying for something to be made on the other side of the world and then posted to your door, so it's not that bad.

I didn’t realise you already knew about Parallax as well bud. I hadn’t heard of them before but was directed towards them when I asked Bellamy for a UK source with stock. What you need is someone who lives nearby to go and collect it instead ;0) Then again, they’d still need to post it to you and Royal Mail won’t be much cheaper!

I didn’t realise you already knew about Parallax as well bud. I hadn’t heard of them before but was directed towards them when I asked Bellamy for a UK source with stock. What you need is someone who lives nearby to go and collect it instead ;0) Then again, they’d still need to post it to you and Royal Mail won’t be much cheaper!

I only found out about them yesterday when I Googled "JCH 120 film case UK" and they were like the third hit on the list. Their website says they were established last year, so that would explain why I'd never heard of them!

If you look on eBay there are lots of listings for 120 film cases that are unbranded for only £4 ish. Could be worth a look? I'm sure your recipient won't be too hung up on the brand. Probably just wants a useful film holder.

If you look on eBay there are lots of listings for 120 film cases that are unbranded for only £4 ish. Could be worth a look? I'm sure your recipient won't be too hung up on the brand. Probably just wants a useful film holder.

Cheers Mathew, I had a look at those but they come from China and are likely to arrive in mid January lol.

My secret santa has put a few Instax cameras and accessories on their list so I'm going to send them a few packs of film, some KosmoFoto Film postcards (because who wouldn't want them!) and I've just drawn up a slot-in Instax Mini film holder with embedded magnets so they can put a picture on their fridge :) I'm going to go and cut it today although I'm not sure what colour it will be yet.

upload_2017-12-6_10-30-19.png

https://kosmofoto.com/product/kosmo-foto-space-postcards/

Anyone apart from Nige sent their gifts yet then? Or received any? I'm planning on posting mine of tomorrow hopefully.
I'm still piecing mine together. Mostly it's sorted but waiting on a book to be delivered and considering mounting a print.

My secret santa has put a few Instax cameras and accessories on their list so I'm going to send them a few packs of film, some KosmoFoto Film postcards (because who wouldn't want them!) and I've just drawn up a slot-in Instax Mini film holder with embedded magnets so they can put a picture on their fridge :) I'm going to go and cut it today although I'm not sure what colour it will be yet.

View attachment 115877

https://kosmofoto.com/product/kosmo-foto-space-postcards/

TaaDaaa!

IMG_9735.jpg

IMG_9737.jpg

You're a pretty great Secret Santa @stevelmx5

Makes my three rolls of film (albeit in a nice little sparkly box) look somewhat under-considered in comparison. I didn't even manage to include a bag of sweets in the end after the people at the post office suggested it might cause the package to be stopped by customs in the country of destination.

You're a pretty great Secret Santa @stevelmx5

Makes my three rolls of film (albeit in a nice little sparkly box) look somewhat under-considered in comparison. I didn't even manage to include a bag of sweets in the end after the people at the post office suggested it might cause the package to be stopped by customs in the country of destination.

Thanks but maybe I’m just cheap instead and wanted to use up some of the many acrylic offcuts left from my Chroma builds [emoji6]

Haha nice! Handmade gifts are the best. My match was infuriatingly not on Twitter or Instagram (??!) so I had to stalk them on Facebook. They seem to like music, warm-toned film and Olympus, so I've donated them my little Olympus Trip 35 and picked up some OOD film and a hipster-y wrist strap. I'll wrap it all up this weekend!

Mine's currently working its way through the postal system and should hopefully be there tomorrow if Postman Pat doesn't get stuck in the snow up north in Coventry (yes, anything above Bristol is "north"!)

Mine arrived last week and I haven't opened it as per the suggested rules. I had a thank you message today to say that the gift that I sent had been received (and opened).

I eventually posted mine off this weekend... still no word from my secret santa though!

Well I think my secret Santa might miss Christmas... here's hoping it's just stuck in the overburdened holiday mail system and it'l come next week

Well I think my secret Santa might miss Christmas... here's hoping it's just stuck in the overburdened holiday mail system and it'l come next week

Cross your fingers, we had some post delivered this morning, and most of it was for us!

Just opened mine and I'm pleasantly surprised. I received a roll of 35mm JCH 400, a roll of 120 Portra 800 and an expired roll of 120 Fuji Reala 100 speed dated Dec 2004. Last but not least a Polaroid 170BV compact camera with fixed focus 28mm f9.5 lens. Can't wait to try it out [emoji846].

Nice haul! Mine:
DR4sa-mWsAU-XwA.jpg

I had a brief moment of OH MY GOD but the Leica-shaped object is a sweetie tin! Loads of film - a roll of Cinestill 800 in 120 which I've been dying to try - amazing!

Nice haul! Mine:
DR4sa-mWsAU-XwA.jpg

I had a brief moment of OH MY GOD but the Leica-shaped object is a sweetie tin! Loads of film - a roll of Cinestill 800 in 120 which I've been dying to try - amazing!

Wow! That’s a bumper crop Charlotte - must be the best part of forty quids worth of film alone. Nice one. Happy shooting!

I'm really pleased, and have plans for the Cinestill 800 already - we're going on a little trip to Great Yarmouth in a few months and I was planning on using it to shoot the illuminations and arcades at night. I'm hoping it'll be suitable!

My secret Santa parcel arrived today from the Philippines (after paying a duty charge to DHL!) and I’m seriously impressed with what was gifted to me;

IMG_9899.jpg

As well as a selection of vintage postcards and photos from the Philippines, there was also a pack of film photography stickers, two rolls of 35mm Revolog film, a roll of 35mm Cinestill 50, two rolls of 120 Format JCH Streetpan and a roll of 120 Cinestill 800T! Along with those, there’s also a really nice locally made leather film pouch and an accompanying letter explaining why my secret Santa picked everything;

IMG_9900.jpg

The icing on the cake was that they finished the letter by saying that they will back my Chroma Kickstarter campaign once it’s launched!

All in, I’m made up and have found my Santa on Instagram and thanked her.

My secret Santa parcel arrived today from the Philippines (after paying a duty charge to DHL!) and I’m seriously impressed with what was gifted to me;

View attachment 117088

As well as a selection of vintage postcards and photos from the Philippines, there was also a pack of film photography stickers, two rolls of 35mm Revolog film, a roll of 35mm Cinestill 50, two rolls of 120 Format JCH Streetpan and a roll of 120 Cinestill 800T! Along with those, there’s also a really nice locally made leather film pouch and an accompanying letter explaining why my secret Santa picked everything;

View attachment 117089

The icing on the cake was that they finished the letter by saying that they will back my Chroma Kickstarter campaign once it’s launched!

All in, I’m made up and have found my Santa on Instagram and thanked her.
that is so cool, and the postcards and pics are amazing on there own but including the letter is such a nice touch. thats really made me smile, what a positive end to the year!

Not heard anything from my Santa yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and hear from them this week, but I suspect I've got myself a bad Santa and that'll be that

Back