1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Okay Guest, it's coming up to the festive season. If you'd like to take part in this year's Secret Santa gift exchange, click the link below and speak to our resident Jolly Red Guy.

Dismiss Notice
  1. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    http://emulsive.org/articles/secret-santa/announcing-emulsive-secret-santa-2017

I've been speaking to Em who runs Emulsive.org and he's shared the link to this years' secret Santa. The full information/rules are in the linked article but the basic premise is that you register your details and put together a wish list. Once the draw is made, you will be matched up with another film photographer somewhere in the world and everyone then buys a gift that's worth at least $10 (using the wish list for idea if you can't think of anything) and ships it to their match.

Last year there were just under 500 photographers taking part worldwide and he's hoping to increase that this year. I've already registered and said I'd share the link here too.

:0)

FishyFish likes this.
  2. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That is so cool, I'm definitely signing up :)

stevelmx5 likes this.
  3. Andysnap

Andysnap POTY (Film) 2015

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Christmas! Bah! Humbug! :D

TheBigYin, stevelmx5 and RaglanSurf like this.
  4. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've just seen this comment from someone who entered it last year;

"I did this last year and it was lots of fun. I sent out some film (35mm and 120) and a yashica samurai. These went to Japan.

I received from the UK an Olympus trip, some 35mm film, some 120 film, a film holder and a small print from a negative made with the trip.

I plan to do it again this year."

RaglanSurf likes this.
  5. angelpaaul

angelpaaul

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    X2 :p

6. StephenM

StephenM

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'd be tempted if it weren't for requiring the use of Twitter (which I've never bothered even looking at).

7. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I don't think you have to use Twitter. It's just suggested that you share pictures of the gifts you receive and tag them.

8. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I did this last year! I sent a couple of rolls of interesting film, plus a pouch/pencil case made of a fabric with film rolls on, plus some badges, to a lady in Singapore! I got a good haul of film from my match, including a roll of Lomo Purple, which I've still not used. It's really fun, especially tracking everyone's progress and seeing the opened parcels on Twitter! I've signed up again :)

RaglanSurf and stevelmx5 like this.
  9. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    thanks for the feedback Charlotte. It sounds like a fun thing to take part in!

RaglanSurf likes this.
  10. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've signed up for this but can't work out how to create my wishlist. There seems to be a search box that I can use to look up items, but I just want to put in a generalised wish list, e.g "Some 135 or 120 film please" like others seem to have done, and I can't figure out how?

11. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think there is a little button to the side of the search section. There's a magnifying glass to search, or like a link/chain looking button to add it? This was on the mobile site mind, so might be different. I've added 120 film, or weird promo stuff like posters/signs/mugs etc

12. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I could never work out the wishlist either - it seemed to want me to add things from a discrete list. So I put my wants/ideas in my profile!

13. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I just typed it into this box and then pressed the right hand two of the buttons (arrowed)?

Capture.JPG

14. mdjchat

mdjchat

Name:
    Mathew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It took me a while to work it out but that's what I have done also. I'm not sure if it is necessary but you can alter your settings so that when you add items to your wishlist they don't appear in the group notifications. At least I think that is what it is for?

15. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks. I did try that but nothing happened. Maybe it was because I was on the iPad. I'll try again from my PC.

EDIT - That worked, thanks. :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  16. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just got an email to say the draw is this weekend. I completely forgot about it! Wonder what the chances are of being paired with someone from this forum :LOL:

stevelmx5 likes this.
  17. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yeah, I'd been checking mine regularly wondering why I'd not heard anything, and then spotted the other day that the pairing process starts on the 19th Nov.

18. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If so, it'll probably be @Andysnap now you've insulted his jokes! :D

Carl Hall and Andysnap like this.
  19. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yeah that would be ok, I could get him a joke book :D

Mr Badger likes this.
  20. Andysnap

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I wrote the joke book....cheeky young whippersnapper :confused::D

The only present you'll be getting from me is a clip around the lughole :bat:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:45 PM
    Carl Hall and Mr Badger like this.
  21. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It must have been a very long time ago?! :D :exit:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM
  22. Andysnap

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    To be fair I copied some of the jokes from an even earlier version written by a Mr Brock. :D

Mr Badger likes this.
  23. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I suppose it is a bit like pots and kettles really! :D

Andysnap likes this.