Emulsive.org Analogue Secret Santa 2017

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Are Santas matched pairwise (ie you and your Santa exchange... no, that wouldn't be secret would it...). Anyway, how does it work? Does everyone get something from a sponsor?

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
Are Santas matched pairwise (ie you and your Santa exchange... no, that wouldn't be secret would it...). Anyway, how does it work? Does everyone get something from a sponsor?
Everyone is paired with two people - one who they send a gift to, and another that they receive a gift from. These will be different people. Unless you specifically make contact, the person you send a gift to doesn’t know who it’s from.

It’s obviously dependent on everyone sending a gift though.

OP
OP
stevelmx5
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Not heard anything from my Santa yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and hear from them this week, but I suspect I've got myself a bad Santa and that'll be that
I’ve just asked EM who runs Emulsive if he can give your match a kick mate. He generally gives a few weeks past Christmas before naming and shaming bad Santa’s but can hopefully move them along.

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
My gift arrived yesterday, all the way from Indonesia. A roll of Japanese film, a roll of JCH 400, a traditional Indonesian drink that you mix with hot water, a really nice hand crafted letter, and an empty film can that's been turned into a mini flower holder. I've found my santa on Instagram and she is a graphic designer and does a lot of water colour illustration. She seems cool!

Point Blur_Jan122018_133038-01.jpeg

Name
Mathew
Edit My Images
Yes
Is anyone doing this again this year?

I got my email saying that matching is about to begin.
I'm in again this year and have put myself forward for an international match. I just wish they could match a bit sooner to give more time to get any gifts that would be more person specific.

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
HMRC charged me £15 for the privilege of receiving my parcel, but it was worth it, as I got a lovely box of stuff consisting of:

2 x TMAX P3200
2 x Arista EDU 200
2 x Eastman Double-X 5222
A camera strap
A Society of Film Photographers pin

and...

A Kodak Retina IIa rangefinder in lovely condition.

On top of that I'm still awaiting a Blurb edition of their photo book!

20181228_120856-1148x891.jpg

Name
Mathew
Edit My Images
Yes
I was hoping for a print or something more personal along those lines. I received a 5 pack of Portra 160 in 120 format and a Moleskin notebook direct from Amazon UK.