Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I only use original Canon batteries in my 6D, but I understand that the Olympus versions of those EXPro batteries will only reach full charge in the ExPro charger and similarly, the ExPro charger will not fully charge the Olympus original battery.
In other words, you need to use the charger that matches with the make of battery - not a big deal since the ExPro chargers are pretty cheap.

Name
nik
Edit My Images
No
I only use original Canon batteries in my 6D, but I understand that the Olympus versions of those EXPro batteries will only reach full charge in the ExPro charger and similarly, the ExPro charger will not fully charge the Olympus original battery.
In other words, you need to use the charger that matches with the make of battery - not a big deal since the ExPro chargers are pretty cheap.
not the case for me, its fully charging

Name
nik
Edit My Images
No
no idea mate, but if needed the expro or similar charger isn't expensive. I will update how good the battery is on return from my trip-drop me a message if I forget!

Name
nik
Edit My Images
No
no idea mate, but if needed the expro or similar charger isn't expensive. I will update how good the battery is on return from my trip-drop me a message if I forget!
just a quick update if your still after the info. o uote myself aboca. batts working well so far i i ok 700 pics today and still had 43 capasty remaining

Edit My Images
Yes
just a quick update if your still after the info. o uote myself aboca. batts working well so far i i ok 700 pics today and still had 43 capasty remaining
Let us know what it's like in 2 year's time. My original Canon 6D battery is still going strong after 4 years.

Name
Mitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Let us know what it's like in 2 year's time. My original Canon 6D battery is still going strong after 4 years.
What, and you haven't needed to charge it?!

Difficult to test these third party items, I don't have 4 years.

Anyway, having been out a few times now, I'm very happy to be back in 1000shot battery life territory, coming from Fuji XP2. Standby consumption is non-existent, as opposed to accidently triggering the evf to wake up which was a common occurrence on mirrorless.

Edit My Images
Yes
Snip:
What, and you haven't needed to charge it?!
Well, I don't get out as much as I used to. ;)

Joking aside, I'd rather pay the extra and have a genuine battery. As the saying goes, the quality is often remembered long after the price has been forgotten.

Last edited:
Name
Mitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Snip:

Well, I don't get out as much as I used to. ;)

Joking aside, I'd rather pay the extra and have a genuine battery. As the saying goes, the quality is often remembered long after the price has been forgotten.
It'll be a bitter pill to swallow, but having taken 400 shots over three trips out, I think I'll only be needing one spare. Buying genuine makes more sense in that context.

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
My 6d is old now and uses 3rd party batteries no problem. I only have 1 original and 1 3rd party both work equally as well.

Gaz

Name
nik
Edit My Images
No
tbh as its got a 2 year warranty anyway. if it lasts that long its fine. price is so much cheaper than canon original.

Edit My Images
Yes
I bought three 3rd party high-capacity batteries for the Sony camcorders I use for work, the oldest one of the batch will be about 2 years old, and the others slightly less than that. One of them has already failed and won't finish charging, and the other two give noticeably less recording time than the equivalent Sony high-capacity batteries I have. I was going to replace it with another 3rd party battery as they are much cheaper than a new Sony one... however, I spotted a used Sony battery on eBay for about £6 more than the 3rd party one, so I took a chance and bought that instead. It charged perfectly and gives the same life as the other OEM ones I have. So you pays your money and you makes your choice.

Edit My Images
Yes
Go on, I'll join in with one. Taken at a local village show; I enjoy doing a bit of documentary style photography with my 6D, exploring what I think is the rather rich and varied (and sometimes slightly quirky) way of traditional British life.

Edit My Images
Yes
Well its certainly very colorful , I like it.
Thanks, it's down to a technique I learned from watching Martin Parr. Using a speedlite fitted with a dome type diffuser as fill-in flash tends to saturate the colours, while avoiding harsh shadows and giving a slightly 'larger than life' picture postcard type feel to the image, which I think suits this type of shot.