1. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
    no idea mate, I got it very recently but it could be older. it works fine with the latest expro but I guess that must have a chip in it as it shows up fine in the cameras menu.
    edit; the camera seems to think this is a real one-no message to say otherwise at least

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. UKmitch86

UKmitch86

Name:
    Mitch
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Does it play ball with the canon charger?

3. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
  4. Brian G

Brian G

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I only use original Canon batteries in my 6D, but I understand that the Olympus versions of those EXPro batteries will only reach full charge in the ExPro charger and similarly, the ExPro charger will not fully charge the Olympus original battery.
    In other words, you need to use the charger that matches with the make of battery - not a big deal since the ExPro chargers are pretty cheap.

UKmitch86 likes this.
  5. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
    not the case for me, its fully charging

UKmitch86 likes this.
  6. UKmitch86

UKmitch86

Name:
    Mitch
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I haven't ordered any batteries yet, but I bought the 6D new from Digitalrev. Wonder what that might mean for the revision of the official boxed charger.

7. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
    no idea mate, but if needed the expro or similar charger isn't expensive. I will update how good the battery is on return from my trip-drop me a message if I forget!

8. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
    just a quick update if your still after the info. o uote myself aboca. batts working well so far i i ok 700 pics today and still had 43 capasty remaining

UKmitch86 likes this.
  9. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Let us know what it's like in 2 year's time. My original Canon 6D battery is still going strong after 4 years.

10. UKmitch86

UKmitch86

Name:
    Mitch
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What, and you haven't needed to charge it?!

Difficult to test these third party items, I don't have 4 years.

Anyway, having been out a few times now, I'm very happy to be back in 1000shot battery life territory, coming from Fuji XP2. Standby consumption is non-existent, as opposed to accidently triggering the evf to wake up which was a common occurrence on mirrorless.

11. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Snip:
    Well, I don't get out as much as I used to. ;)

Joking aside, I'd rather pay the extra and have a genuine battery. As the saying goes, the quality is often remembered long after the price has been forgotten.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  12. UKmitch86

UKmitch86

Name:
    Mitch
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It'll be a bitter pill to swallow, but having taken 400 shots over three trips out, I think I'll only be needing one spare. Buying genuine makes more sense in that context.

13. cargo

cargo

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My 6d is old now and uses 3rd party batteries no problem. I only have 1 original and 1 3rd party both work equally as well.

Gaz

14. niko

niko

Name:
    nik
    Edit My Images:
    No
    tbh as its got a 2 year warranty anyway. if it lasts that long its fine. price is so much cheaper than canon original.

15. UKmitch86

UKmitch86

Name:
    Mitch
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Also a good point.

16. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I bought three 3rd party high-capacity batteries for the Sony camcorders I use for work, the oldest one of the batch will be about 2 years old, and the others slightly less than that. One of them has already failed and won't finish charging, and the other two give noticeably less recording time than the equivalent Sony high-capacity batteries I have. I was going to replace it with another 3rd party battery as they are much cheaper than a new Sony one... however, I spotted a used Sony battery on eBay for about £6 more than the 3rd party one, so I took a chance and bought that instead. It charged perfectly and gives the same life as the other OEM ones I have. So you pays your money and you makes your choice.