Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Threads merged

Excellent

Just though it easier for everything be in one thread. Maybe rename it to official canon 6d user thread

Last edited:
savvy249 said:
Andrew, glad I provided the inspiration for this shot :LOL: :razz:

Ha ha you sure did loved it. Did say when I go past ill take a picture :) cheers

Hope you didn't mind?

Ha ha you sure did loved it. Did say when I go past ill take a picture :) cheers

Hope you didn't mind?
No, Glad you are happier with your new camera than the OM-D.

No, Glad you are happier with your new camera than the OM-D.

Oh YES much happier really is much better at low light too honestly i can get images at 25600 as keeper really can.

I had a low light one on here lastnight dunno where it got to.

The image is how it meant to be as to what it was outdoor to the eyes. 12800 ISO

IMG_0746.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

That looks very atmospheric, a great performance for such a high iso.

I have changed the thread title to owners thread, as my post was at the start of the thread.

Cheers looks like some of the post that was on the other thread did not get merged over.

Never mind let hope all users post in here and help each other out :)

So do you love the camera then what did you have before this 6D?

That's where it has gone a bit odd, I started a thread when I saw them in stock and I wanted to see peoples opinions on it. Currently can't afford to get one, but it's on my want list. I will be following this with interest as everyone gets used to it.

One question, does it have the built in wireless flash transmitter?

That's where it has gone a bit odd, I started a thread when I saw them in stock and I wanted to see peoples opinions on it. Currently can't afford to get one, but it's on my want list. I will be following this with interest as everyone gets used to it.

One question, does it have the built in wireless flash transmitter?

No it doesnt and I am not sure if any of the canon full frame do? as over at DPreview they say they dont but canon site say it does.

Thanks for that.

Dont let it worry you thou...

you be will please with the 6D nothing let me down yet does everyting i need it to

Yeah, it would have been a bonus really. How's the video looking, have you or anyone else tried it out?

Ive had a quick go on it and found it quite good MILES better than the 7D as this autofocus when doing video the 7D didn't.

Where about derbyshire you live as you prob know I love in derbyshire :)

I'm liking what I'm seeing here! If only it would take my 10-22 :-(

I'd love to see a direct comparison between this and the 5d mk ii... seems both have issues relating to focus in low light but other than that I'm really looking forward to seeing what improvements the 6d has over the 5d mk ii. I'll be looking to buy one or the other soon and so have a vested interest in the results of a side by side test.

From 1st impressions the 6d looks like an admirable performer and not much more in price than a 5d mk ii

ajax_andy said:
I'd love to see a direct comparison between this and the 5d mk ii... seems both have issues relating to focus in low light but other than that I'm really looking forward to seeing what improvements the 6d has over the 5d mk ii. I'll be looking to buy one or the other soon and so have a vested interest in the results of a side by side test.

From 1st impressions the 6d looks like an admirable performer and not much more in price than a 5d mk ii

I can tell you the 6d beats the mkii hand down. AF is faster and works better in low lights. The high ISO is ahead of mkii easily. Shame I not got it to do a image compare for u.

Put it this way I've never been this happy or impress with a camera before.

I can tell you the 6d beats the mkii hand down. AF is faster and works better in low lights. The high ISO is ahead of mkii easily. Shame I not got it to do a image compare for u.

Put it this way I've never been this happy or impress with a camera before.

Thanks for the info :)

I've done a bit of reading on the 6d and user tests have said in low light the outer focal points aren't very responsive... have you found that? I rarely use centre point and recompose so that could be a killer for me if that's the case

ajax_andy said:
Thanks for the info :)

I've done a bit of reading on the 6d and user tests have said in low light the outer focal points aren't very responsive... have you found that? I rarely use centre point and recompose so that could be a killer for me if that's the case

Will try some test as I use centre point and compose when hand held but if on tripod I pick the point. But never use tripod much only doing landscape and don't do low light ones.

What your reason not using centre and compose I like this method much easier. And quicker

Will try some test as I use centre point and compose when hand held but if on tripod I pick the point. But never use tripod much only doing landscape and don't do low light ones.

What your reason not using centre and compose I like this method much easier. And quicker

Mainly when working at f/2.8 and up to f/1.4 centre and recompose means you end up missing the eyes and focussing on the end of the nose instead. I'd imagine portrait / wedding togs have more worries about this then landscapers though ?

ajax_andy said:
Mainly when working at f/2.8 and up to f/1.4 centre and recompose means you end up missing the eyes and focussing on the end of the nose instead. I'd imagine portrait / wedding togs have more worries about this then landscapers though ?

What..... That how I so it i focus on eye and compose and never had any problems at all. Just done some test with the other points no problem with mine at all all compose pretty fast in the daylight

Really? There's loads of stuff on the internet about not using centre point and recompose with very narrow focal planes... am surprised you've never ran in to any problems?

Thanks for testing out the outer points, I think it was more in low light they struggled from what i've read though... will you have chance to test them in darker conditions any time do you think? :)

ajax_andy said:
Really? There's loads of stuff on the internet about not using centre point and recompose with very narrow focal planes... am surprised you've never ran in to any problems?

Thanks for testing out the outer points, I think it was more in low light they struggled from what i've read though... will you have chance to test them in darker conditions any time do you think? :)

In low light how much low light are you wanting me to test it in please? With flash or without flash?

Well suppose it depends on the photographer ha ha but I've had loads of success rate using centre point and compose I prefer work like that rather then messing with the focus points...

In low light how much low light are you wanting me to test it in please? With flash or without flash?

Well suppose it depends on the photographer ha ha but I've had loads of success rate using centre point and compose I prefer work like that rather then messing with the focus points...

Well could you maybe organise a wedding in a church and fully test out all focal points at various ISO's with and without flash, and then also do likewise at a reception venue? ;)

Don't know tbh and it's ok I'm not going to buy one soon so can wait a little while for the full reviews instead of getting you to do everything for me... thanks though :)

ajax_andy said:
Well could you maybe organise a wedding in a church and fully test out all focal points at various ISO's with and without flash, and then also do likewise at a reception venue? ;)

Don't know tbh and it's ok I'm not going to buy one soon so can wait a little while for the full reviews instead of getting you to do everything for me... thanks though :)

What camera do you currently have?

ajax_andy said:
7D... love everything about it other than the ISO performance sadly

That have upgraded from.. The AF on this is good really is but like you say iso is a let down.

That have upgraded from.. The AF on this is good really is but like you say iso is a let down.

Yeah my worry is because the AF is so good I'll be frustrated with anything other than a 5d mkiii - big difference in price though between that and the 6d and I need better ISO and fast!

Might get the 6d for now and then the 5d mkiii in the future and use the 6d as a 2nd camera as often dual shoot at weddings.

Yeah my worry is because the AF is so good I'll be frustrated with anything other than a 5d mkiii - big difference in price though between that and the 6d and I need better ISO and fast!

Might get the 6d for now and then the 5d mkiii in the future and use the 6d as a 2nd camera as often dual shoot at weddings.

That my plan... I could not justify the cost of the 5D MKIII so I went for the 6D and see how things go. So far I am impress even some mates who owns the MKIII said they are impress with my camera. Of course the MKIII is better but not by that much to our eyes.

That my plan... I could not justify the cost of the 5D MKIII so I went for the 6D and see how things go. So far I am impress even some mates who owns the MKIII said they are impress with my camera. Of course the MKIII is better but not by that much to our eyes.

That's interesting they are impressed by it too... ok I need to stop thinking about this as don't have the cash just yet and my overdraft isn't big enough in the mean time :LOL:

That's interesting they are impressed by it too... ok I need to stop thinking about this as don't have the cash just yet and my overdraft isn't big enough in the mean time :LOL:

I cant afford it at all but sod laws ha ha ha. Really shouldn't of bough one till feb but wanted it for xmas :) As you know plenty of low light with the xmas tree wanted clean images not the noisy images the 7D does at higher ISO. The ISO on the 6D is very impressive think it a bit better than MKIII according to some people.

Back