Eos 6d Owners Thread!

rookies said:
It not a high ISO sample it just showing what I've taken. Who said it a high ISO I haven't

No I didn't say you did.

But reading what I quoted on my last post, I would say the poster has assumed it was a high ISO shot wouldn't you agree??

No I didn't say you did.

But reading what I quoted on my last post, I would say the poster has assumed it was a high ISO shot wouldn't you agree??

I can confirm I had asked the question so as to judge how good the ISO performance was... so yes Jim you're very much right in your assumptions that I was wondering if it was shot at a high ISO or not

That ok guy sorry :)

I posted it as I though the camera handles it well as I've done some with 7d but not as good don't know why. I will try some high ISO tonight :) hand held

Dare I mention Just tried my Mate D600 hmmmm nice camera

Really impressed so far, the AF wont affect me either 99% of my subjects are stationary. The wifi and gps i can see being very handy, i presume the wifi can be used like a timer remote so can be used for long exposures.

I'll post 100% crops tonight. I turned off luminance noise reduction (the type that loses detail) and left chrominance at 5 in DPP (this replaces the bright blue specks you get at high ISO with black).

Shots were taken in RAW and exported from DPP as TIFFs and then exported from Lightroom to JPG. There was no NR added in Lightroom either.

I'll post 100% crops tonight. I turned off luminance noise reduction (the type that loses detail) and left chrominance at 5 in DPP (this replaces the bright blue specks you get at high ISO with black).

Shots were taken in RAW and exported from DPP as TIFFs and then exported from Lightroom to JPG. There was no NR added in Lightroom either.

Thanks for the info :)

Please can you post something negative about the camera so I can stop looking at my overdraft and trying to work out how to finance purchasing the camera? :help: :D

ajax_andy said:
Thanks for the info :)

Please can you post something negative about the camera so I can stop looking at my overdraft and trying to work out how to finance purchasing the camera? :help: :D

Only think I can think negative is

Your over draft going to get bigger

manualfocus-g said:
I've just opened Lightroom, and it has informed me that v4.3 is ready to download with support for the 6D :) :) :)

Woo hooo results

WOOOOO Now i seen raw images through Lightroom the images are MUCH sharper and the noise are minimal really are compare to the 7D i had. I am VERY please with this purchase.

NEEEEEED 70-200 2.8 L IS MKII ME want....

I am sad about one thing and one thing only, the placement of the AF points.

All clustered round the middle like they might get lonely if they were put somewhere useful. Sadly this problem will cost me a few hundred quid savings more for the 5D3 - everything else looks perfect for my needs.

danmon_81 said:
damn this thread......(runs off to check bank account

Run back with a 6d :)

Bit off topic but any of you who have updated LR 4 to handle 6D raw image found LR now gone sluggish?

Notice my top AF point bleeds via VF

Last edited:
I'd never even considered this camera but I'm in a muddle now.

Currently I have a 40D which I'm happy with for IQ but not high ISO or AF.

I also have a 1D2 which I'm happy with for the AF but not high ISO.

As I shoot landscapes and wildlife - I could never jump into the 7D AF or 5D2 IQ camp as it was too much to spend on eggs in one basket so to speak.

Now with used prices, I was considering a 5D2 for my landscapes and keeping the 1D2 for the AF but this has me tempted.

I know the 5D3 would get me the FF and AF but I'm not sure I can be bothered forking out that much.

manualfocus-g said:

How did you manage get 1/250 shutter at 6400 iso would though it darker than that??? Flash??

Where they taking with 50mm at 1.4?

manualfocus-g said:
Thanks for the comments :) There were lots of flashy light effects which allowed me to keep the shutter speed up, which I needed to as these boys jump around a lot! I set a minimum shutter speed and used auto ISO with my Zeiss 50/1.4 at f/2.8 mostly.

That lens is fantastic is it a AF lens how much. Better than canon 1.4???

My gosh and how you manage to keep those in focus I just don't know. What the trick of getting the hang of it?

Now I am impress with this 12800 straight out of camera HDR

IMG_1223.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

OK, I'm not an owner, at least not yet, but I want to be.

I'm in Thailand at the moment and the 6D is selling for about £1400 plus a "freebie". One shop is including an 85mm f1.8 in the price and another an Ipad mini, neither of which I want!

I've always wanted a full frame DSLR and apart from the price the biggest draw about the 6D is the high ISO capability as I never use flash.

Anyway I have a 7D, 10-22, 15-85 and 70-300L and my intention would be to keep the 7D to use with the 70-300L because I photograph animals and birds in zoos a lot. The 6D would then become my day to day camera but obviously the 10-22 and 15-85 are no use with it so I would sell them eventually. TBH I have used the 10-22 probably a dozen times in 6 years so I won't miss it but I love the 15-85 (effective 24-136) dearly and my problem is what would I get to replace it on the 6D?

The obvious choice is the 24-105L f4 IS however it is a much older lens, it doesn't have as good IS and it's heavier.

The only other options would appear to be the new 24-70L f4 IS, which is apparently intended as the 6D kit lens, but although I'm sure it'll be superb (can't find any non pre-production reviews yet) it's almost twice the price of the 24-105 and of course I'd lose almost half the reach of the 15-85 and the new 24-70LII f2.8, which is even more expensive, much heavier, no IS and again major reach loss.

Any suggestions?

Back