Equine

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
From a couple of months ago

4436973830_9ec7e3af65_o.jpg

As far as photography goes I don't know much but as a horse owner ... I'd be happy with that :)

Nice capture of moment of suspension too!

i seem to recall reading that it was ages before a camera was fast enough to "prove" that there was a moment when all 4 were off the ground.......and there you go !!

very nice too

Thanks John, I'll have to look that one up. (y)

It's a very good pic, very sellable, and it ticks all the boxes but have you turned the WB temp up?

It's a very good pic, very sellable, and it ticks all the boxes but have you turned the WB temp up?

Thanks. Not touched the white balance as such but have tweaked the temperature a little in color efex to try and give it an autumnal feel (possibly a tad overcooked, not too sure).

Nice shot, horses are so often all legs and head in all the wrong directions when trying to capture them (y)

Thank you, and don't I know it. ;)

Thanks John, I'll have to look that one up. (y)

In 1892, Leland Stanford settled an argument about whether trotting horses were ever fully airborne: he paid photographer Eadweard Muybridge to prove it photographically. The resulting photo, the first documented example of high-speed photography, clearly showed the horse airborne.

take from Wiki..."here"

amazing, innit..? the world through our keyboard...(y)

the first documented example of high-speed photography
118 years ago - and I still cannot photo horses properly......:shrug:

In 1892, Leland Stanford settled an argument about whether trotting horses were ever fully airborne: he paid photographer Eadweard Muybridge to prove it photographically. The resulting photo, the first documented example of high-speed photography, clearly showed the horse airborne.

take from Wiki..."here"

amazing, innit..? the world through our keyboard...(y)

the first documented example of high-speed photography
118 years ago - and I still cannot photo horses properly......:shrug:

Thats actually really interesting ... learn something new every day!

Marc

These are some of your shots I've been looking for. :)

Would you mind sharing your processing technique because I love the processsing you have done. If not, that's fine.

you can pm me if you like.(y)

Look forward to hearing from you.
Lisa

only thing I'd change Marc is that white post. Did you increase the OOF blur?

Marc

These are some of your shots I've been looking for. :)

Would you mind sharing your processing technique because I love the processsing you have done. If not, that's fine.

you can pm me if you like.(y)

Look forward to hearing from you.
Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I used the glamour glow in color efex for this. Would probably tone it down a bit if I were to do it again.

only thing I'd change Marc is that white post. Did you increase the OOF blur?

Didn't increase the blur but the glamour glow softened it a little. Agree about the white post, it's part of the electric fence that runs alongside the manege. I'm **** at cloning though. :D

Thanks Marc. I just love the dreamy effect. I think I'll give that a go too.

Lisa

Sorry Marc but the glamour glow doesn't do anything for me apart from it meant I didn't spot the white post! My eye was instantly drawn to the background (as it doesn't look quite right) more than the horse. The horse is great btw.

That's alright Nicky, my processing has improved a lot since then. TBH, I cringe a little when I look back at this one!

Back