In steam 12.30 - 16.30

Potters Mill
Canal boats
Blacksmith
Creative Clay
Kids' stuff
Mill entry £4

Carpark - Kilndown Close, off Etruria Vale Rd. ST1 4RB

These things tend to be a bit good and a bit naff and usually offer some good photography opportunities. Good company, of course, makes all the difference.

Anyone up for it?

Possibly. Sunday is looking better weather wise and there is an outside chance I'll actually get off my rear end and do Oxford on Saturday :)

I might be free for this mate. I'll let you know.

If you do go and so do I then I can drop that box of tat er delightful cameras to you.

Good point. If I go it will be sunday as I'm with the idi..... i mean delightful photographers, in Oxford on Saturday. I'll make my mind up later.

OOPS. Looks like I'm trespassing! I was thinking of going here on Saturday.
Film camera hasn't seen the light of day for some years.
I'll give you a wave if I see anyone with a funny box;););)

More the merrier. I don't self combust if I see a digital camera.

Looks like Sunday is more likely for us though.

More the merrier. I don't self combust if I see a digital camera.

Looks like Sunday is more likely for us though.

I could make Sunday if I talk nicely to you know who.
Would need a promise that I won't be lynched!!!

Well when I hear a group of digi guys I can't make my mind up to whether they sound like a Vickers, Lewis, Hotchkiss, Maxim, Bren or Browning :D

Well it's not good news I'm afraid.
I just popped the question. She has broken all of her self imposed rules about not going anywhere with me and my camera and decided she wants to come too:mad:
Good news for you is that "as you know very well Sunday is my gym day" - trying to loose 3 yards off her bum (I didn't say that) so we are going a deux on Saturday.
I'll just have to machine gun the place on my own.

Have fun - you lucky guys:)

Ah, thanks. I should have an operating film camera, but don't right now - the Minolta 7000 doesn't work and the Bronica is buried in the cupboard under the stairs.

You're welcome to come along with a digital camera or i can lend you a film camera if you fancy shooting some film. The more the merrier. :D

Ah, thanks. I should have an operating film camera, but don't right now - the Minolta 7000 doesn't work and the Bronica is buried in the cupboard under the stairs.
You're more than welcome with or without a film camera and as Andy says we have plenty of spare cameras you can borrow.
If you fancy joining us we're meeting here at 10:00. Let met know if you are and I'll pm you my contact number.

You're welcome to come along with a digital camera or i can lend you a film camera if you fancy shooting some film. The more the merrier. :D

You're more than welcome with or without a film camera and as Andy says we have plenty of spare cameras you can borrow.
If you fancy joining us we're meeting here at 10:00. Let met know if you are and I'll pm you my contact number.

Thank you gentlemen, that's really generous. If I did come then I'd probably stick to digital - lack of practice with film etc - I'll see how Saturday is looking & get back about it, if that's OK?

Thank you gentlemen, that's really generous. If I did come then I'd probably stick to digital - lack of practice with film etc - I'll see how Saturday is looking & get back about it, if that's OK?

Excellent news, do your best its always good fun although we do tend to spend more time camera fondling and drinking than taking photos. :beer:

Will check with 'the management' to see if she will let me have a day off cooking on Sunday.

:film: Yay - she says OK - next to work out which cameras to exercise ...... that will keep me busy:exit:.

Last edited:
Good point. If I go it will be sunday as I'm with the idi..... i mean delightful photographers, in Oxford on Saturday. I'll make my mind up later.

Have you made your mind up about Etruria? Incidentally I've got some digibase colour re-usable pouch thingies to re-home with you as well. I cannot remember whether I unscrewed the lid on the developer but I didn't undo either of the other two so assuming they don't go off in their sealed pouches the other bits should be ok.

Yeah, I'll be there for a couple of hours at least.
@simon ess do you want a lift mate?

That would be splendid.

Thanks Andy.

What sort of time were you thinking of?

Depends, do you want to get there for opening or mosey along a bit later, I'm free all day so whenever you want is fine by me.

I suppose the civilised thing to do would be to go after lunch.

How does 1.45 for 2.00 arrival sound?

I suppose the civilised thing to do would be to go after lunch.

How does 1.45 for 2.00 arrival sound?
Go on then, sounds good.

Bad news. I'll be there around 2 ish as well ;)

Me too, Simon and I are going as a pantomime horse. :D Just need to decide on positions:eek:

Me too, Simon and I are going as a pantomime horse. :D Just need to decide on positions:eek:

I take it the 'no baked beans, sprouts or egg sandwiches for 24 hours beforehand' rule will apply? :whistle:

I was tempted to attend too, but I've just looked at the weather forecast and Sunday is the only dry day, so I'll end up mowing Mum's lawn instead! Never mind, there's always next time, have a good time everyone and I'll look forward to seeing the photos in due course. (y)

Sorry folks, im not going to be able to make it. Ive been struck down with the dreaded lurgey and feel extremely crappy. :(
Andy

My afternoon has got knackered now anyway so I'll be another no show.

My afternoon has got knackered now anyway so I'll be another no show.

I can't get hold of Simon, his mobile number doesn't seem to be working. I've PMd him so hopefully he'll pick it up.

Back