extension tube suggestions

Name
james
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi would like to try some macro but no dedicated lens. I have been looking at extension tjbes . So seeing if anyone has any recommendations for a Sony a6000?

The Meike ones I posted a link too not long ago in the A7 etc thread, brilliant for the money and will fit the A6000.

These ones

Last edited:
The Meike ones I posted a link too not long ago in the A7 etc thread, brilliant for the money and will fit the A6000.

These ones
There are three versions of the Meike tubes. Yours are all metal and I agree with Alf that those are the ones to go for. I have the set ending in A rather than C which have metal mounts and plastic bodies so possibly not as robust. Finally, there's the set ending in B which is all plastic - nuff said.

I am not familiar with the various Sony mounts so I am loathe to make a specific suggestion. I am a Canon user and have two VERY cheap sets of 3 extension tubes - yes they are that cheap!

One set has plastic mounts which I only use for light lenses - up to 2 Kilos. The other set has metal mounts (but plastic bodies) which are just fine for heavier lenses - how heavy, I don't know but when I had a 6.1 Kilo EF 400 F2.8 L they were fine and my, current, 4.5 Kilo Canon 800 F5.6 L IS is quite secure on them.

I mostly use extension tubes to reduce the minimum focus distance of long/very long lenses, though when I had a 50mm prime they did let me get up close and personal.

The makers of Kenko tubes never disappointed my efforts
so they're always at hand. The full contacts between the lens
and the camera are a charm to work with my Nikon system.

Back