F-35 Lighting II Displaying at RIAT 2016

Hopefully I'll be going to visit. Only really want to see the f35. I've only see mock ups so far... Hopefully this year I get to see a flying one!

Ooh, that would be nice to see - have been trying for a couple of years now, but not managed to get there...must try to this year

Good stuff - was only a mock up last year.
My tickets are booked already:)

Rumours of an F22 as well! :banana:

I thought the F35 was confirmed for last year then pulled at the last minute?

Tickets flights and accommodation booked for the Sunday Might change plans and do Saturday too but not sure

Looking forward to it, although I have a feeling the crowd line is going to be pushed back a bit for the F35,in 2014 the crowd line was slightly further away, which seeing as the one in the US managed to eject half it's engine through the fuselage is probably a good thing!

3 of my baby birds have landed in the UK :)
(F35bs)
[emoji1] [emoji7]

Last edited:
I have my Coporate tickets for Sunday and my new Sigma 150-600 lens ready for the day.

I'm currently working on F35 Sticks & Throttles , so am looking forward to grabbing some good photos to take back to the team , my first RIAT .

I'm currently working on F35 Sticks & Throttles , so am looking forward to grabbing some good photos to take back to the team , my first RIAT .

Bit giddy here, been apart of the program for 14 years at samlesbury... first RIAT :)

Friday/Saturday Sunday for me:)

Last edited:
Bit giddy here, been apart of the program for 14 years at samlesbury... first RIAT :)

Friday/Saturday Sunday for me:)

That's a lengthy spell, it will be great for you to see it in action then ? I've only been on it a month, a mere rookie .

That's a lengthy spell, it will be great for you to see it in action then ? I've only been on it a month, a mere rookie .
defiantly long over due to see them.
Did 11 years supporting production, took a 2 year break to work on subs, then came back almost 3 years to the day support post delivery modifications. To say I'm getting giddy to see them is an understatement!

If you can't get enough of RIAT and want to keep right up to date, can I suggest that you head over to UK Aviation Review for their Live arrival thread, provided by Andy Evans.

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=73591

Photo's are rough/unprocessed but uploaded within minutes of a display or arrival.

Greek Phantoms are due in this afternoon!

Can't wait for Friday!!

Last edited:
I'm finally going to this but only got tickets for Friday.

Just looking at the layout and wondered about how much kit to carry. I have done Cosford many times over the years which is great as you can park up and use the car to dump everything. Is there much of a walk from the car parks to the viewing areas?

Thoroughly enjoyed RIAT today. Friday is definitely fairly quiet and it was just pure jet heaven. I forgot to use the suncream though and am a bit sore tonight, worth it though. A few I have processed quickly..

28180145995_300dafbe88_b.jpg

27564293634_998d988cd2_b.jpg

27564293774_439fae900a_b.jpg

28101936761_c7563595f6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Geoff. Yesterday looked to be the pick, weather wise.
I was going to do P&V on the Sunday, but woke up to a rain shower and after the Saturday I wasn't hopeful for anything better weather wise. How did Sunday turn out in the end?

I was going to do P&V on the Sunday, but woke up to a rain shower and after the Saturday I wasn't hopeful for anything better weather wise. How did Sunday turn out in the end?

I only did the Friday myself but I think the Sunday looked best.

Friday was the best for me, less people and nice weather! I got a little burnt Saturday and Sunday was mixed a bit. Now sorting out about 80gb of pictures.
Monday was good to see them fly out again too.

Looks right mean machine great images :)

Saw the Jet at Farnborough this year, what an agile machine.
Those photos above are incredible, would love to know what you need to get a shot like that!

Back