F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not raining at the moment :)

Yes, Donald 'Duck' Dunn of the Stax 'house band' and Blues Brothers Band fame, and a cracking bassline he played on that too. :) (Edit: Sorry @donut, I completely missed the ducks and rain connection/pun with your comment when I first read it this morning - it's been a long week!) :sleep:.

Anyway, how's it going in Scotland, are we nearly home yet?

Last edited:
We've all left, in our disparate directions. Sue and I are now sitting in Darwin's Rest in Roybridge having tea, cake and scone before heading off to Fort Augustus.

Slight drizzle, nothing to write home about, but nothing is too inconsequential to post online :D

P.S. No sheets of LF film were harmed (by me) in the making of this holiday; but 2 or 3 35mm and1 120 were used.

P.S. No sheets of LF film were harmed (by me) in the making of this holiday; but 2 or 3 35mm and1 120 were used.
Slight drizzle, nothing to write home about, but nothing is too inconsequential to post online :D
I've just loaded the sheet entitled "pinhole disaster" into the tank, and the chemicals are being slowly warmed. When Andy talked about the darkslide not going back in due to the film not being properly loaded, I mused that I had never sufferd from that particular issue. Until the following day of course :mad::rolleyes:
Drizzle here in Inverness as well, but no wind.

We've dropped Carl and Angi back at Glasgow airport and have made it down into Lanarkshire. The rain has pretty much stopped but the spray and standing water is making for a fun journey!

We seem to have driven into the oncoming rain, as it’s not stopped the entire journey so far! Currently 15 miles from Preston on the M6, so a good way to go. Going to try and bash the whole journey out today, we’re thinking. Will let you know how that goes! :/

We seem to have driven into the oncoming rain, as it’s not stopped the entire journey so far! Currently 15 miles from Preston on the M6, so a good way to go. Going to try and bash the whole journey out today, we’re thinking. Will let you know how that goes! :/
Take care. We're at Tebay and conditions are awful. We've passed 2 accidents in the last 20 mins.

Take it easy everyone , I had torrential rain from leaving the house to around Cambridge with visibility on the motorways down to fifty yards in most places and aquaplaning being a big problem.

The whole journey took over ten hours, today it is more like a summer,s day in Kent.

Be safe people.

Now moored for the night in Grantown on Spey. Still raining here; we haven't found a dry spot so far.

We went from Roybridge to Craggan, then Fort William, tea and toasted sandwiches at Well of the Seven Heads cafe, cake at the Whistle Stop just outside Fort Augustus, then to Grantown on Spey via Inverness.

Just processed the handful of 4x5's I took on Wednesday, more out of determination to use the camera than anything else. They are drying at the moment and one of them looks like it might be worth scanning so I might actually post a film picture tomorrow...

At the north/south border (M4/A34 services) so only a short stint left. Weather is vastly improved as well :)

Just seen the forecast for tomorrow, Jonathan, don't plan a photography day out! :( (OTOH here in Edinburgh it'll at least be dry)

I referred to my "pinhole disaster" shot in #648 above, and it was taken while sitting on the seat below using my box-shaped pinhole camera

20181005_180311_resized-copy-tp.jpg

so who or what is the shadow on the right that appears to be someone standing next to a camera with a zoom lens on a tripod ..............:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

2018-10-13-0004-copy-tp2.jpg

who or what is the shadow on the right that appears to be someone standing next to a camera with a zoom lens on a tripod ..............:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

:runaway: You've had one of the digiyites stalking the f&c meet:runaway::D

@Carl Hall I've found adark red jumper in the car that looks suspiciously unlike anything that would fit either me or the kids. I'm guessing it's yours.

@Carl Hall I've found adark red jumper in the car that looks suspiciously unlike anything that would fit either me or the kids. I'm guessing it's yours.

On a related note, we've got a couple of jackets that were left on the coat stand by the front door.

One is a black with orange trim Quechua soft shell jacket, size XL with a roll of 120 Ilford FP4 (boxed) in the pocket.

The other is a grey with red trim Rab soft shell, size L (pockets empty).

Anyone want to claim one?

We’re at Inverness airport and our sleazyjet flight has been delayed.

Airport bars are rubbish!

On a related note, we've got a couple of jackets that were left on the coat stand by the front door.

The other is a grey with red trim Rab soft shell, size L (pockets empty).

Anyone want to claim one?
@Woodsy Could this belong to Colin?

We’re at Inverness airport and our sleazyjet flight has been delayed.

Airport bars are rubbish!

When you finally take off have a look out of the window, the dolphins will be waving :wave:

Now moored for the night in Grantown on Spey. Still raining here; we haven't found a dry spot so far.

We went from Roybridge to Craggan, then Fort William, tea and toasted sandwiches at Well of the Seven Heads cafe, cake at the Whistle Stop just outside Fort Augustus, then to Grantown on Spey via Inverness.

We’re so sorry we didn’t get to say goodbye to you and Sue properly. It was so lovely to see you and to meet Sue [emoji4] I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

We've been back a couple of hours now. Sat on the sofa watching Harry Potter with a cuppa :D

Thanks for a fantastic weekend everyone, it was great to see you all again :) Thanks to @Mrs Snap for organising it all, to those who drove us around all week, and to everyone for the bottle of bubbly. Much appreciated! (y)

Angi says you're all a bunch of weirdos so you made her feel right at home :LOL: She really enjoyed herself and is very much looking forward to future F&C meets.

Yeah that'll be mine! If I PM you my address any chance you could stick it in the post? I'll cover postage of course!

Just seen the forecast for tomorrow, Jonathan, don't plan a photography day out! :( (OTOH here in Edinburgh it'll at least be dry)

We’re going to have a very slow day tomorrow but never say never to taking photos if the weather clears up! [emoji2] It was lovely to see you and Sheila and apologies we had to dash off this morning!

Since the last post, we popped out to the Co-op for a little excitement (and a snack) and were fortunate enough to find an excellent bookshop which was open late while the owner was tidying up after the week. We were very restrained and only bought about 5 books, one being Paul Strand's Scottish photos.

We both enjoyed meeting everyone, and I can now put a name to some more faces.

When we get home, I'll see about putting some of the dodgy -sorry, digi - photos of the week and letting you all have a link :D

Film photos will have to wait for processing and scanning.

Last edited:
I think the Rab jacket is mine. It's a waterproof, as opposed to a warm jacket, size L

I can't find mine...

I think the Rab jacket is mine. It's a waterproof, as opposed to a warm jacket, size L

I can't find mine...
Dammit, I'll have to cancel the auction...:D

Let me have your address Ken and I'll get it back to you next week.

I can't find mine...
Honestly, what are you lot like... you're not fit to be let out alone! Next F&C holiday meet there will be a requirement for sewn-in name tags on the inside of the collars of all outer garments! The requirement for 'L' and 'R' to be written on wellington boots is currently under review! :D

Back