F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the Rab jacket is mine. It's a waterproof, as opposed to a warm jacket, size L

I can't find mine...
I should check this Mrs Snap, just to make sure that the text 'C' and 'Nesbitt' doesn't follow the word Rab, in which case it may belong to someone else. ;)

Last edited:
Honestly, what are you lot like... you're not fit to be let out alone! Next F&C holiday meet there will be a requirement for sewn-in name tags on the inside of the collars of all outer garments! The requirement for 'L' and 'R' to be written on wellington boots is currently under review! :D

You're probably right, that would have helped identify my missing Berghaus waterproof trousers size M)!

You're probably right, that would have helped identify my missing Berghaus waterproof trousers size M)!

Now then, it appears that we have an extra pair of Berghaus waterproof trousers but they are a 31" Large not a medium.
If they are not yours then who's are they and who has yours? :runaway:Confusion.

Now then, it appears that we have an extra pair of Berghaus waterproof trousers but they are a 31" Large not a medium.
If they are not yours then who's are they and who has yours? :runaway:Confusion.

Sounds like you might have @RaglanSurf 's and maybe he's got mine?

TBH I'm not quite sure about the size; I take medium for most things but 31" leg sounds about right. There was a fair bit of mud at the end of the legs on mine. I think I might have taken them from the laundry (hanging on the back of the door) and put them by the front door, but I can't quite remember...

Sounds like you might have @RaglanSurf 's and maybe he's got mine?

TBH I'm not quite sure about the size; I take medium for most things but 31" leg sounds about right. There was a fair bit of mud at the end of the legs on mine. I think I might have taken them from the laundry (hanging on the back of the door) and put them by the front door, but I can't quite remember...

I picked them up from the back of the door in the laundry thinking they were Jan's so it looks like they are yours. I'll pm you in a bit and we'll arrange to get them to you. :)

Honestly, what are you lot like... you're not fit to be let out alone! Next F&C holiday meet there will be a requirement for sewn-in name tags on the inside of the collars of all outer garments! The requirement for 'L' and 'R' to be written on wellington boots is currently under review! :D

don't forget that mittens must be on a string that goes up one sleeve of the jacket and down the other, so if you take them off they dangle near the cuffs...

i'd take a week of being rained on up in scotland to walk away with that one... (y)
It is pretty nice isn't it! I suspect that was the good day, @sirch?

Because we had one brilliant day and half a decent one, I suspect everyone will have a few pretty nice images. On the last evening the sky cleared a bit and a sideways sunset gradually appeared over the loch, and everyone was running round like mad shooting in all directions. That was quite good fun!

That was probably the Wednesday (i.e. the good day). I suspect that Shireen, Angi, Andy & I are just out of shot...!

i'd take a week of being rained on up in scotland to walk away with that one... (y)
Thanks Mark

It is pretty nice isn't it! I suspect that was the good day, @sirch?

Because we had one brilliant day and half a decent one, I suspect everyone will have a few pretty nice images. On the last evening the sky cleared a bit and a sideways sunset gradually appeared over the loch, and everyone was running round like mad shooting in all directions. That was quite good fun!
Thanks Chris, yes it was Wednesday just before I came home. I just had to snap off something in LF,

That was probably the Wednesday (i.e. the good day). I suspect that Shireen, Angi, Andy & I are just out of shot...!
Yes there were flippin' people everywhere :D

I hope that everyone who was going home got there safely and without any issues.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for coming, no matter how long or short you stayed. We had a fantastic time and you all added to the fun. :banana::wave:

Here's to the next meet :beer:

:agree:

Also a quick thank you to @Asha for his generous donation of a box of interesting freebies. Cheers mate (y) and also to @Peter B who donated a bag of goodies :clap:

Well I've just extracted the exposed film from my case. That's 4 rolls of colour and one of black and white... not counting, of course, the non-roll which I shot all of Thursday in Sunart and most of Friday above Kinlochleven and at the Grey Mare's waterfall (this was a roll of Portra 400 that was not loaded properly, I'm still properly mad about that! :( ). I suspect my Ilfosol 3 is on the turn, and we won't get home until Wednesday evening, so I'm weighing up whether to post the FP4 off to Filmdev with the rest. £10 for dev and medium scan though, that's nearly a third of the cost of a litre of HC 110!

Following @StephenM's comment, I can't quite say that no sheets of LF were harmed by me. None were shot, but two sheets of HP5 and two of FP4 were loaded into dark slides by me; it was a struggle and 'm pretty sure there'll be fingerprints all over it. The film was OOD from @Peter B ; I was only expecting a few sheets in each box, but it appears the H5 was unopened, so I think I owe you something for that, Peter. Many, many thanks, anyway.

East Wales seem seems to be on average drier and Wales seems to be ignored for meets....the Wye valley is nice and taking a radius of traveling distance of say 140 miles, surely must cover quite a few members. Very easy from the SE\London area using the motorways about 3 to 4 hours.

I'd be up for a trip to Wales. A base venue somewhere around the Snowdonia area of North Wales would give lots of options within day-trip range, including landscapes (coast, mountains, hills, valleys, waterfalls, etc.), towns/street and industrial (mines, quarries, railways, bridges, etc.). It's not as far for most of us to drive to as the highlands of Scotland (apart from those who live near there) and I'm sure we could arrange a pick-up from railway stations for those who don't have a car or do long distance motoring.

Last edited:
So, Mrs Snap is off to the PO to post the 6 rolls of 120 and 3 of 35mm to filmdev, I shall dev the 4 sheets of 5 x 4 this afternoon I think.

Now, I know that this is the film and conventional section but just this once I'm going to pop in a digi shot, just because there was not a chance in hell of getting this with the film kit I had with me.

I present.... A RED SQUIRREL....

Squirrel 6 by Andy, on Flickr

Squirrel 10 by Andy, on Flickr

These were shot at 6400 ISO, it was very dark in that wood.

So, Mrs Snap is off to the PO to post the 6 rolls of 120 and 3 of 35mm to filmdev, I shall dev the 4 sheets of 5 x 4 this afternoon I think.

Now, I know that this is the film and conventional section but just this once I'm going to pop in a digi shot, just because there was not a chance in hell of getting this with the film kit I had with me.

I present.... A RED SQUIRREL....

Squirrel 6 by Andy, on Flickr

Squirrel 10 by Andy, on Flickr

These were shot at 6400 ISO, it was very dark in that wood.

You're not expecting my red squirrel shots to come out? :(;)

A red squirrel ran across the road in front of us on one of the roads south of Tyndrum. Happily, we managed to miss it!

I'd be up for a trip to Wales. A base venue somewhere around the Snowdonia area of North Wales would give lots of options within day-trip range, including landscapes (coast, mountains, hills, valleys, waterfalls, etc.), towns/street and industrial (mines, quarries, railways, bridges, etc.). It's not as far for most of us to drive to as the highlands of Scotland (apart from those who live near there) and I'm sure we could arrange a pick-up from railway stations for those who don't have a car or do long distance motoring.

A suggestion for next year's meet.
Another suggestion would be the Norfolk broads and Lincolnshire but maybe not central enough for quite a few members. Ok guys back to the Scotland meet. ;)

East Wales seem seems to be on average drier and Wales seems to be ignored for meets....the Wye valley is nice and taking a radius of traveling distance of say 140 miles, surely must cover quite a few members. Very easy from the SE\London area using the motorways about 3 to 4 hours.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wye...KHZGzCtQQ9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1600&bih=814&dpr=1.2

I was thinking of suggesting the Yorkshire Dales, even though it means going to Yorkshire :p but Symmonds Yat and the Wye valley are lovely and like you say may get better weather. That said I also have a soft spot for Snowdonia but the chances of dry weather are pretty much nil.

I was thinking of suggesting the Yorkshire Dales, even though it means going to Yorkshire :p but Symmonds Yat and the Wye valley are lovely and like you say may get better weather. That said I also have a soft spot for Snowdonia but the chances of dry weather are pretty much nil.

Whitby for Goth Weekend ? though accomodation is a bit tough to arrange, and it's short notice for the Halloween one - maybe the spring version next year ?

Outside the people watching stuff, there's loads of scenic bits up and down the coast - Staithes, Robin Hoods Bay etc, and there's always the Trains and so on at Grosmont...

Whitby for Goth Weekend ? though accomodation is a bit tough to arrange, and it's short notice for the Halloween one - maybe the spring version next year ?

Ah, you mean Beltane.

Ooops. Quick, hide the black cat. ;)

Stop it Kitty, you're making things worse.

Last edited:
What about Edinburgh as a destination? :)

What about Edinburgh as a destination? :)
We did do Edinburgh a few years back but I’d be happy to make another visit if there was enough interest.

Back