F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's worth looking up Onich on Google maps :)

Hotel, house...

Sorry folks I'm trying to trawl through the thread on my phone, what dates did we finally agree on?

Thanks Janet (y)

Cheers Brian, that's a very useful tool. :)(y)

There are different maps available, larger scale as you zoom in. You get a relatively small area with the 1:25,000 map, IIRC, but I discovered I can save as JPEG then use stitching to join several maps together. Worked for enough area for a 5 mile walk!

Bumping back to the top :) Still really excited!

Might I make a tiny request? Could the first post be updated a little, in terms of who's going, the link to the accomodation, dates, etc?

Since the thread has popped back, could I just check if there would be any interest in my bringing along a few books that people might find interesting to examine - specifically Grant Haist's Modern Photographic Processing and Mason's similar volume on photographic chemistry (Kodak and Ilford chemists respectively).

Bumping back to the top :) Still really excited!

Might I make a tiny request? Could the first post be updated a little, in terms of who's going, the link to the accomodation, dates, etc?

Yep, I'll do it when I get back on a computer. Probably Tuesday :)

So I have a friend who, although is a filthy digital photographer :D, is interested in subjecting himself to a week of derision and abuse. Is there a spare single room available for the whole week?

So I have a friend who, although is a filthy digital photographer :D, is interested in subjecting himself to a week of derision and abuse. Is there a spare single room available for the whole week?
There's a coal cellar.

At the moment, the last bed is being held for Mrs ChrisR who hasn't confirmed one way or the other. If she comes, the single room will be in use.

Is she likely to come @ChrisR ?

Just an update from me.

I was going to fly to Glasgow and hire a car cost circa £260.00 plus fuel. I have looked at car hire,I have to leave our car at home for my lovely wife Janet to use, car hire at the moment for eight day is

£123.00 for a four door Hyundai i30 I am going to book this tomorrow, the fuel should be Approx £100.00 ,but, the convenience unlimited.

So I will confirm tomorrow and when there I have a space for one shotgun passenger with kit.

During the week I have these places on my itinerary. Not in any order.

1. Inchree Falls
2. Glen Coe
3. Highland titles nature reserve
4 Ballachulish visitor centre
5 Ben Nevis

As woodsy has said several times, getting so excited. :)

Kit to be taken.

FM3a Not needed as it looks like Jonathan has acquired a new one. :)

Bronica ETRsi with 40mm and 105mm close up lens and kit things like filters etc.

Nikon F5 with 400mm sigma with 1.4 teleconverter and 50mm. The 400 for Red Squirrels in Glen Coe.

So looking forward to this,more than my retirement in 51.75 hours time. :)

In case I have not said before, Thank you @Mrs Snap Janet for all your hard work.

Last edited:
You lucky blighter... Congratulations I hope you have a long, fulfilling and happy retirement (not jealous in the least :dummy::D)

We're flying up and we've booked a car too so we should be able to sort stuff out amongst us all.

Well you Scottish explorers my car is booked and started to check my kit out already, If anyone would like to try some Nikon,let me know and if I have it, I will bring it.:)

In my last post I forgot to say what film I would be bringing.

Velvia 50 of course in both 35mm and 120

Reala 35mm

Provia in 35mm and 120

Sensia 35mm

One roll of Acros 100 :)

Also some APS for the evening fun with my Fuji 4000ix SL

Forgot to say some Kodak.

Ektar and Portra.:)

Last edited:
Still four months to go!

:sulk:
Time to get into training
Practice loading 120 film in a gale
Practice shooting around people crashing your shot
Practice getting up early and having a nap in the afternoon
Practice closing your camera bag and moving it away from the approaching tide
Practice drinking whisky for breakfast
Practice taking the p*** out of other F&C attendees (you may wish to practice this on your spouse/partner/workmates but suggest caution is used before embarking on such action)

I'm sure there must be other things you could practice during the next 17 weeks, maybe we could start a things we should practice and a list of things we should bring.

Time to get into training
Practice loading 120 film in a gale
Practice shooting around people crashing your shot
Practice getting up early and having a nap in the afternoon
Practice grabbing your mate @Andysnap and moving him away from the approaching tide
Practice drinking whisky for breakfast
Practice taking the p*** out of other F&C attendees (you may wish to practice this on your spouse/partner/workmates but suggest caution is used before embarking on such action)

I'm sure there must be other things you could practice during the next 17 weeks, maybe we could start a things we should practice and a list of things we should bring.

Corrected for accuracy :D

Git...:mad::D

Anyway it's alright you lot taking the pee but me and the CMS are at this very moment paddling on a North Devon beach in the sunshine so i win losers :D

Anyway it's alright you lot taking the pee but me and the CMS are at this very moment paddling on a North Devon beach in the sunshine so i win losers :D

Nikki and I are heading to Cornwall this Friday... are you guys still around this neck of the woods Saturday onward at all? Would be great to catch up :)

I'm sure i remember someone getting marooned on the Isle of Coll, maybe we could do a day trip.

Would there be any interest in going to The Sealife Centre in Oban? It may be worth a visit if the weather is non too favourable, I should be able to get some freebie tickets so let me know and I'll ask the question.

Also would anyone be interested in a day trip to Mull, just had a quick look and the ferry runs from Oban and its about £12 each if we get 4 in a car or about £7 each as foot passengers https://www.calmac.co.uk/

Back