Farne Islands - which boat trip?

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
hi

I intend on going to the farnes next week, unlike when i went to skomer there seems to be a lot of boat companies doing trips and i find it a bit overwhelming :confused:, which trip would people suggest going on / company booking with? are the inner farne islands the ones i want for bird photography, or staple island?

Thanks so much

Graeme

Billy Shiel are recommended because they have the most boats so get their word out the most. However, the best boat company there is Serenity Boat Tours. http://farneislandstours.co.uk

I know Andy (the skipper) well, and he is a fantastic host. He'll tell you all about the bird life around the islands before landing. He has his dog on board who runs around the boat checking on everyone too! Highly recommended - you won't regret.

Billy Shiel are recommended because they have the most boats so get their word out the most. However, the best boat company there is Serenity Boat Tours. http://farneislandstours.co.uk

I know Andy (the skipper) well, and he is a fantastic host. He'll tell you all about the bird life around the islands before landing. He has his dog on board who runs around the boat checking on everyone too! Highly recommended - you won't regret.
Hi Will, does he do the all day trip covering both islands , which really is a must for any wildlife photographer?

Hi all, thanks for your input

To be honest, I think the Billy Shiel's trip is what I am after, giving me a good amount of time on both islands, it's the access I really need doing wildlife photography, not so much the commentary and such that goes with it, so long as I have the means to get there and the time on the islands, that's all i care for :)

Hi Will, does he do the all day trip covering both islands , which really is a must for any wildlife photographer?

Yes he does I believe so. Give him a call.

Hi all, thanks for your input

To be honest, I think the Billy Shiel's trip is what I am after, giving me a good amount of time on both islands, it's the access I really need doing wildlife photography, not so much the commentary and such that goes with it, so long as I have the means to get there and the time on the islands, that's all i care for :)

Andy will happily leave you on the island for longer and pick you up later - especially if you say Will Nicholls referred you :) But up to you.

Looking at a trip to the Farnes over the last week in July
Just wondering if he Puffins are still to be seen this late ?

Thanks Blythman :)

Back