Fathers day

Name
And
Edit My Images
No
Had a great day yesterday, despite my daughter being 200 mile way...

Bonus of lovely weather, managed to spend some time detailing car - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/washing-your-car.622303/ and got a great little gift from her :)

Hope you other dads also had a good day - I know it can be an emotional time, daughters boyfriend lost his dad very unexpectedly 12 months ago...

Feel free to add to the thread (y)

Last edited:
Book and card from my daughter then went with my wife to see Wonder Woman. Very enjoyable film and the 140 minutes flew by, air con cinema was an added bonus.

Did think of my Dad, always got him his fishing licence for the season which starts in June, passed away 28 years ago so quite a distant memory now

Last edited:
My daughter turned up for a couple of hours visit with her OH.( My son & his OH lives with me)
Lots of chocolate, Blue ray's and the obligatory sarcastic cards (y)

record swag for me from my 3.. :)

4CF1E65A-4C8F-43F8-8EDD-53FE3C6A5A9B_zpspoaa7fxe.jpg

My old man died 55 years ago, fortunately my father in law made a great substitute.
Son away but texted me and left a present for me with my wife, daughter isn't talking to me at present, painful.
Matt

Unfortunately the ex wife is not communicating with me and is stopping me from seeing my daughter

Unfortunately the ex wife is not communicating with me and is stopping me from seeing my daughter
Must be tough :(

Fortunately mine (ex) never communicates with me but as my daughter drives, and in her 30's there is bugger all my ex can do about it :D

Daughter, Son & Grandkids at BBQ. Plenty of wine & Sangria, steak burgers, salad & kebabs.
Smoked the whole estate out! Got Amazon vouchers and couple bottles Wolf Bass Red label. Happy Dad & Grandad!

Yup it is :(

One day my daughter will come looking for me I am sure, I have been writing her letters which I have sealed and put to one side which I will give to her when she does.

I suspect your relationship with your daughter will be worth it.
I don't understand what your ex is doing at all.

One day my daughter will come looking for me I am sure, I have been writing her letters which I have sealed and put to one side which I will give to her when she does.

I suspect your relationship with your daughter will be worth it.
I don't understand what your ex is doing at all.

I'd totally agree with this, i do hope you're daughter comes a looking in the near future and i'm sure that as above, it will be worth it, and I think the letter idea is a wonderful one...

My ex husband walked out when my daughter was 6 months old and his present girlfriend's husband kicked her out.
Following a quick divorce and custody hearing it was agreed he would have reasonable access, this we agreed would be most weekends.
A few months later l get a call from the girllfriend moaning about lack of private time, so another discussion and every other weekend was agreed.
By then l had met someone as well who accepted my daughter as his own.
Following a rather nasty episode with the girlfriend during one of the weekends that put my daughter at risk l withdrew access and on the advice of my
health visitor told him if he wanted to resume he needed to go back to court andwould posdibly get supervised access without her present, he never did.
Forward 30 years and following the death of my sister she asked if l would mind if she contacted him, gave her his address etc. and timing was good, she sent
a birthday card and letter, zero response, she has tried again and still nothing, so don't give up hope, kids never forget you.
I split with the guy she looks on as her dad a few years back and they have a great relationship

Last edited:

Been there & had that on & off for years! :mad:

Just can't understand how any parent can use their children in such a way.

Keith, It's tough & upsetting, but it will change ......eventually. (y) (just don't let it ruin your life ;) )

Just can't understand how any parent can use their children in such a way.
My brothers ex could, and did, but she was an evil bitch!

Reading this makes me realise how lucky I am. We married less than a year after we met and everyone told us we were crazy and it would never last, that was almost 21 years ago.

We've never felt the need to ask each other permission to do anything we just seem to instinctively know what each other will find acceptable. We always ask but it's really just checking that there isn't something on the calendar that we've forgotten about, there's never been a "I'd rather you didn't" either way that I can recall.

Guess this explains how I spent father's day the same way I have for 5 of the last 6 years, drinking beer and watching cars at Le Mans while the Mrs is at home with the kids. Hardly my fault it's always on father's day is it :)

Back