Faux leather / Vinyl stickiness

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
So got a nice little bargain for an EOS 30, it's in fantastic condition apart from the faux leather/vinyl of the grip. That has started to degrade and is sticky (this was mentioned in the listing)

Is there any solutions out there to either stop the tacky feeling, replace the faux leather or perhaps a custom cover ?

I guess I could always just use gaffe tape.

Cheers.
Mark.

You can use isopropyl alcohol (please see post further down correcting my mistake) to get rid of the tacky stuff (I did it on an old car radio where the buttons had gone horribly sticky - just keep at it and it will all eventually come off), but bear in mind it won't bring back the rubber feel to it. I think you may also be able to replace those parts (you can on some cameras).

Last edited:
Isopropyl alcohol works. Just apply with a cotton bud and work it in. Usually works after a couple of wipes.

I use isopropyl alcohol. IPA and magic sponge. LINK Cheaper at B&Q

Works a treat,
Isopropyl alcohol works. Just apply with a cotton bud and work it in. Usually works after a couple of wipes.

Yep, my bad - isopropyl alcohol (nail varnish remover would probably be bad!!! - apologies for the initial 'bum steer'). Original post now edited to reflect the CORRECT method :)

Back