Favicon

Steve said:
Not for me :D

Sorry Ken, I cant offer any help other than to try what Ian has said (if you can understand it :whistling ) :nut:
Not a problem (well it is but) just letting you know. Even refreshing 1000 times, also leaving the site and returning doesn't do the job. :) But got me smiley back :) :)

It's the scrolling that does it, you have to actually scroll to the bottom of the page, then you can go back to the top and use the links. no more flashing here.

Basically, if i go back one screen from here i see the list of threads under Photography and General chit chat, click refresh

Then go back to the main forums page, click refresh, and the flashing stops !

I have had it a couple times where i have left and come back and had flashing cameras or icons when no new posts have been made, even though no flashing icons when i left ! Generally go to the main forum front page and scroll to the bottom, and click on mark all forums read ! that sorts it !

:banana:

KenCo1964 said:
It's the scrolling that does it, you have to actually scroll to the bottom of the page, then you can go back to the top and use the links. no more flashing here.

Thats what I was trying to say but you have worded it much better :)

Actually if you or anyone else is having any problems, if you scroll to the bottom of the main forums after reading all thread, you can click on "mark all forums read" and it will definately clear the flashing icon.

damn favicon dont work for me..

yes steve, a blue tinge would probably make the cameras fit, maybe another way of showing that the thread has new posts too?

EosD said:

yes steve, a blue tinge would probably make the cameras fit, maybe another way of showing that the thread has new posts too?

Matt delete TPF from your favourites, and then re-add it ! it should appear then ! is working ok for me in IE as well as firefox and Netscape now ! :icon_cool

EosD said:

I'll edit the gifs tomorrow night after work. Too late now. :)

And make the flash pop up properly Steve! :D

hehe thats cool

thanks Ian!

ok what about these 2, less offensive?

canon2.ico
canon.ico

or this

forum_old.gif

I have done some editing to the animated gif (no pop up flash, sorry CT) and have now posted a poll of four different options here.

This will only run for three days so please take a look and get your votes in on which your prefere. :)

Thanks for looking. :thumb:

Back