Beginner Feedback - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

Name
Ciaran
Edit My Images
Yes
Good afternoon, I've finally uploaded some of my photos that I've been taking since April and would love to get some feedback and advice please. 34228386185_0b4d43f465_z.jpg 34458605120_ff4cf79239_z.jpg 34534285334_33fc7b0633_z.jpg 34555310000_5602e11b25_z.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Well they all work for me, which is a bit odd as I don't usually like landscapes in portrait format. Particularly taken with the bridge shot (Ladybower?)
Is there anything you're not happy about them?

PS You may get more response in the "Talk Landscape" thread.

The bridge shot is indeed Ladybower, taken on Sunday morning. Its my first attempt at a long exposure using my big stopper. I'm quite happy with how they turned out, the shot of the Lloyds building is quite grainy, or noisy might be a better term, but until I get Lightroom I guess I'm limited how to get rid of it..

Thanks for the reply Graham and the heads up about the Talk Landscape thread...Have an exquisite day!

Wow, if that's your beginner stuff then power to your elbow (or shutterfinger) Ciaran. Some less processed & more original subjects might be something you will triumph on?

Wow, if that's your beginner stuff then power to your elbow (or shutterfinger) Ciaran. Some less processed & more original subjects might be something you will triumph on?
Cheers Darren for your kind words. Sorry for asking but what do you mean by less processed, is that not using filters and similar stuff? You're 100% right about doing something a bit more original. I have thought that the photos I've taken, have probably been done a thousand times already and I definitely want to explore different places. Street photography is something I want to try but I'm still limping about after breaking my leg in a few places late last year and feel a bit vulnerable with my camera in busy environments.

Landscapes are not my bag and It was "The good the bad the ugly" that made me inquisitive................. Glad I took a look these are very very good :clap::clap::clap::clap:(y)

Landscapes are not my bag and It was "The good the bad the ugly" that made me inquisitive................. Glad I took a look these are very very good :clap::clap::clap::clap:(y)
Thank you Charles :) Have a wonderful weekend!

2, 4, and 1 for me :) in that order. 2 makes me dizzy or it is the plonk i have been having but I do like it (or I like the plonk because it makes me dizzy).

They're all nicely processed shots, feedback confirms it? But they're a bit conventional aka done before. IMO if you start like that then you could afford to take some risks & take the annoying crap that is photography on a bit? It's not as if it couldn't be fun to throw out your compo & processing rules?
Go for it with Street when you can but also you can use lights, reflectors, etc. to take portraits. Or combine the two. Or just do stuff...

They're all nicely processed shots, feedback confirms it? But they're a bit conventional aka done before. IMO if you start like that then you could afford to take some risks & take the annoying crap that is photography on a bit? It's not as if it couldn't be fun to throw out your compo & processing rules?
Go for it with Street when you can but also you can use lights, reflectors, etc. to take portraits. Or combine the two. Or just do stuff...

That's fair play Darren. I'll take your point on board and throw caution to the wind when I'm out and about with my camera tomorrow. It looks like a glorious sunrise is on the horizon on the East Coast.

I really appreciate the way images are captured being beginner. There is nothing bad or ugly to be categorized and every of the images are very nice. Keep going!!

I really appreciate the way images are captured being beginner. There is nothing bad or ugly to be categorized and every of the images are very nice. Keep going!!

Thank you Roshni, I shall indeed keep going :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Back