Film and Conventional, 2022 FFFSFA Entries - POLL FINISHED

Time to vote. Choose your favourite three shots.

• Bridge at M24 - Cluster

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Lighthouse - PeterSpencer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruin - PeterSpencer

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • The Pipe Walk - Cluster

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Arcade - FishyFish

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Floating Pub - FishyFish

• Stilts'n'Crepes - FishyFish

• Portsoy reflection - Peter B

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Silent protest - Peter B

• Dunnet Bay sunset - Pater B

• Standing Stones - Cluster

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Lean in - sirch

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Co-op - sirch

• Working Mens Club - sirch

• Whitby Seafront Sculpture - BADGER.BRAD

• Quarrymens cottages - BADGER.BRAD

• Anvil Adums - BADGER.BRAD

• Garden Friends - dmb

• Framing - dmb

• Jubilee Camping - dmb

• Having a go - lindsay

• and another - lindsay

• and my third - lindsay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmb

Edit My Images
No
See main thread for details of the challenge. This thread is only for your entries and will be the voting thread when the challenge closes on 27 November 2022. There is also an reject/also ran thread for those photos you wish to share but not enter into the challenge. If you wish to comment on any entries or rejects then do so in the main thread.
To make life simpler for voting put each of your three entries as a separate posting and give each entry a title that will be used in the poll. Please include details of the camera and film used and any other details of interest.

Last edited:
My second entry. This from a "Coronet Commander ii" which is a fixed focus camera that would be used to take 24x36mm frames in portrait format on 120 film.
Mine has been modified to take 35mm film with an enlarged gate that is around 40mm wide and shows off some of the sprocket holes (a short lived novelty).
Used with the two speed selector locked to 100 (can't see any difference between 50th and 100th anyway) and the two possible apertures of 8 & 16 locked to 8 for this roll, in overcast conditions.
Coronet Commander ii, Fomapan 200 in Bellini Duo Step.
"The Pipe Walk".
birder2.jpg

Last edited:
Not deliberately done for this comp but was a trial of 110 film as I had never used it. All taken Sept 22.

110 Halina point and shoot every thing fixed with no options to alter ( unless flash is used) F9.5, 1/90th of a sec and 30mm Focal lenght ( 60mm full frame equiv) Lomography Tiger film. Two stops added in development by photo Hippo as most of the Film was shot in unsuitable conditions.

One of Whitby's new(ish) Sculptures on the Sea Front, with Whitbys famous piers as the back drop

1.JPG

Last edited:
110 Halina point and shoot every thing fixed with no options to alter ( unless flash is used) F9.5, 1/90th of a sec and 30mm Focal lenght ( 60mm full frame equiv) Lomography Tiger film.
Two stops added in development by photo Hippo as most of the Film was shot in unsuitable conditions.

Quarrymens cottages in Smoke Ally, Highley, Shropshire

3.JPG

Last edited:
110 Halina point and shoot every thing fixed with no options to alter ( unless flash is used) F9.5, 1/90th of a sec and 30mm Focal lenght ( 60mm full frame equiv) Lomography Tiger film.
Two stops added in development by photo Hippo as most of the Film was shot in unsuitable conditions. This one was one of the ones in poor conditions.

Anvil Adums , another of Whitby's Sculptures

2.JPG

Last edited:
Having a go: Agfa disposable fixed everything:
004-8b85c.JPG

and another from the Agfa disposable:
006-b9b52.JPG

and my third from the Agfa disposable:
0012-ddac0.JPG

POLL Closed

Looking at two sets of results

Most popular individual pictures
  1. Portsoy Reflection @Peter B
  2. Bridge at M24 @Cluster
  3. Arcade @FishyFish , Standing Stones @Cluster
Best overall votes for all 3 entries
  1. @Cluster - 16
  2. @Peter B -14
  3. @FishyFish - 10
Thanks to everyone for your entries and to everyone that voted. Now to think about next year.
Thanks for running this and keeping it alive all year David. :clap:

Well done all for having a bash, well done @Cluster @Peter B and @FishyFish for the best submissions, and most of all David @dmb for running the challenge, thank you.
I'm going to try a lot harder next year rather than leaving it to the last minute, just need to decide on a camera that fits the bill and is suitably interesting to try,

Back