Film meet (London)- Saturday 10th March 2012.

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
As I mentioned in another thread I think its time for another meet. I personally can only really do London at present due to various commitments but if the consensus is that elsewhere is wanted then I am happy to hand over the organisation to another person.

Otherwise please suggest dates, times and places for a film based wander and social! I promise not to shoot thousands of films again! ;)

Edit- the date decided is the 10th of March 2012. Meeting is Cafe Nero in Liverpool Street station. 9.30 onwards, aiming to set off at 10am- this is in traditional F&C style flexible!

Current list of attendees:
RaglanSurf
Marvin d martian
Mahoneyd187
robhooley167
Andysnap
Donutagain
walsh
Sectionate
Mindofmel and housemate
s162216
Gandhi
itsdavedotnet
Shutterman

Last edited:
I know I'm new to this forum but I'd be up for a film meet? & I'm in London.

We went to the Southbank and Borough Market last time. I am wondering if a bit further east in London might be fun...

I promise not to shoot thousands of films again! ;)

That's part of the fun, watching you shoot film at digital rates :LOL:

I'm up for another film meet, I'm not doing a huge amount at the moment but that may change so I'll try and fit around other's dates if I can.

I would fancy meeting somewhere a little different for a change, how about Highgate cemetery or Leadenhall Market and the City?

That's part of the fun, watching you shoot film at digital rates :LOL:

I'm up for another film meet, I'm not doing a huge amount at the moment but that may change so I'll try and fit around other's dates if I can.

I would fancy meeting somewhere a little different for a change, how about Highgate cemetery or Leadenhall Market and the City?

Shame I dev it at a glacial rate! ;) Sound like good location ideas, get out of the comfort zone. I might still suggest a stop at Silverprint first for supplies, unless anyone wants to start at red dot cameras! ;)

I'd be up for this again, and might make it this time. As most of you lot are around London it would seem churlish to force you all to leave your corner of the country. You might have to put up with us northerners maoning about how expensive things are though

Dates wise I'm fairly free atm, weekends are way more likely than weekdays, but I do have a lot of holiday to use up in the next couple of months so not out of the question. I will get lost though if left to my own devices, I can't do getting around in cities. Give me an OS map and a compass and maybe though

Go on bring it, I don't want to be the only idiot lugging a house brick around all day :LOL:

In my Peli 1600 case too yeah? lol. Damn.

OK OK I'll bring it, lol. Be warned though, I don't shoot landscapes, or street, I shoot portraits, so expect an RZ "in ya face...yo" lol

I'd be up for this again, and might make it this time. As most of you lot are around London it would seem churlish to force you all to leave your corner of the country. You might have to put up with us northerners maoning about how expensive things are though

Dates wise I'm fairly free atm, weekends are way more likely than weekdays, but I do have a lot of holiday to use up in the next couple of months so not out of the question. I will get lost though if left to my own devices, I can't do getting around in cities. Give me an OS map and a compass and maybe though

Don't worry about getting lost, we can always form a crocodile and keep together that way. As for things being expensive, we can always go to some of the less salubrious areas in the search for bargains...

I would be up for a meet, missed out on the one last year :( would be quite good if there was a meet a bit further up North as well (meet after this one maybe)

Agreed, another meet further north (or east or west!) would be great too!

(y) Up for that too, be interesting to see what it's like north of Watford :LOL:

What the hell, I'm in for a London meet, and yes i will bring a couple of large format cameras with me!!
Mart

Really seeing what people suggest. I will have a look at my diary tonight and see what is not possible. Either a weekend or a weekday suits me as I can take a day off for a TP meet. :)

Count me in for a weekend date. Not got much wedding work on at the moment and really want to give my Mamiya 645 and the Canon 3 a spin.

is the 21 st / 22nd Jan too short notice ?? ( thats a general question for everyone )

Well I'm in. Definitely great fun last time and a walk around the less well known bits of 'that London' seems like a good idea. However I can only make a weekend until I refresh my holiday entitlement in May.
Would prefer sometime a little later than January (end of Feb perhaps or early March)?

I also agree that the one after this should be a bit further north so those southern softies can see just how grim it actually is....:D

Cheers

Andy

End of Feb/ early March is a lot better for me too :) if someone picks a date on a weekend i will try and free it up :)

Feb or march better for me, and a weekend is pretty much a must.

Weekend pref here too. Someone pick a random w/e date in Feb and let's get it done :)

Right, can I suggest Saturday 10th of March? Gives enough time for planning, ticket booking etc.

Right, can I suggest Saturday 10th of March? Gives enough time for planning, ticket booking etc.

I have entered the date in my diary, it remains to be seen whether I will actually be able to make it but I hope so.

10th March it is then. I'll probably be down for the weelend if I can.

Mart

Great. I will start an attendees list in the first post, alter the title and pop a thread in the TP meets section too.

In my diary too, will see if its doable when i see my workload at uni :)

OK with me, looking forward to it.

Andy

Best use the time between now and the 10th to decide which cameras/film to bring down :D

Back