Film meet (London)- Saturday 10th March 2012.

We started the last meet with a trip to silverprint. Is these somewhere in the city/east London we can go? Process supplies in Farringdon are only open weekdays.

Last edited:
We started the last meet with a trip to silverprint. Is these somewhere in the city/east London we can go? Process supplies in Farmington are only open weekdays.

As far as I know there's nowhere else that side of town so we might just have to be prepared and bring all our film along with us, or if folk are desperate to visit Silverprint we could always arrange to meet them later.

As far as I know there's nowhere else that side of town so we might just have to be prepared and bring all our film along with us, or if folk are desperate to visit Silverprint we could always arrange to meet them later.

I have a load of HP5+ and 100iso B&W (mainly acros) so should be ok. I may get a couple of rolls of HP5+ 120 for the lubi though!

Anyone else want to join the fun?

Quick bump and also a request for a suggested meeting place. I don't really know the city and the eastern side that well!

I would love to come along on this so add my name, but it depends on how uni work etc is going around that time as to whether I can actually come.

It'll be a bit of a revelation actually meeting other people using film as I have yet to find anyone else using it! I do get a fair few questions about why I am using film when I've got my Spotmatic F around my neck (Especially if its on a tripod...)!

I would love to come along on this so add my name, but it depends on how uni work etc is going around that time as to whether I can actually come.

It'll be a bit of a revelation actually meeting other people using film as I have yet to find anyone else using it! I do get a fair few questions about why I am using film when I've got my Spotmatic F around my neck (Especially if its on a tripod...)!

Added!

hmmm, I'm almost tempted. I'll put my name down as a possible, but my 30 minute set up time per shot might slow you down a bit. I do have 35mm cameras but I always feel slightly like I'm cheating on the Wista a bit when I use them!

If I'm not broke and can stomach a day of Farce Great Western and NetworkFail I will pop along. I fancy some 5x4 urban goodness. It's a bit lacking in Bath. All Georgian whatnots.

hmmm, I'm almost tempted. I'll put my name down as a possible, but my 30 minute set up time per shot might slow you down a bit. I do have 35mm cameras but I always feel slightly like I'm cheating on the Wista a bit when I use them!

If I'm not broke and can stomach a day of Farce Great Western and NetworkFail I will pop along. I fancy some 5x4 urban goodness. It's a bit lacking in Bath. All Georgian whatnots.

Bring your 4x5 I'm sure you won't be the only one.

Sorta tempted... I'd definitely bring a medium format camera...

digital back on it though... :D

It's basically the only weekend that I'm not in london anyway in feb, annoyingly...

Last edited:
I will add your names. There are a few people threatening to bring LF equipment and if we are shooting in the city etc it should be fairly quiet.

I've just posted this in its own thread but I thought I'd copy it here as they may be some folk that were going to fit in a trip to Silverprint on the same day as the London film meet.

Silverprint Opening Hours

I went into Silverprint this lunchtime and I have to report that as of February 2012 they will no longer be opening on a Saturday. Sad news I know, particularly for those folk that come for a trip London at a weekend and like to fit in a mooch round Silverprint while they're down (or up) here.

So tomorrow is the last Saturday they will be open.

I only hope that if the demand is there and they can find an economic way to staff it Saturday opening may return.

If you are thinking of starting of in the farringdon part of town there is plenty to wander round.

You can do the Farringdon area and then start to wander down toward Liverpool street and do the Markets near the station at the top of Brick Lane then wander down brick lane toward Wapping area and St. Katherines dock and Tower Bridge.

I see young Donutagain is attending so I think I will be taking along with a film camera of some sort and the X100 just for fun.

Nigel

Shutterman said:
If you are thinking of starting of in the farringdon part of town there is plenty to wander round.

You can do the Farringdon area and then start to wander down toward Liverpool street and do the Markets near the station at the top of Brick Lane then wander down brick lane toward Wapping area and St. Katherines dock and Tower Bridge.

I see young Donutagain is attending so I think I will be taking along with a film camera of some sort and the X100 just for fun.

Nigel

Will add your name. Make sure you bring a film camera this time! ;)

Right chaps any thoughts as to when and where we should meet? I will be arriving from the sticks by train and would like to book a seat to avoid fighting with the plebs.

Andy

Anothher call from me as to where & when as I'll be travelling down by train as well.

Mart

There's a couple of coffee shops in Spitalfields Market, at the top end closest to Liverpool St station that would probably do. At least then we're not hanging around on street corners looking shifty.

At least then we're not hanging around on street corners looking shifty.

There's the rest of the day to do that.. ..

I'm a "probable", can't confirm yet but if I can make it I'll probably be coming into King's Cross on the Fen line, or I do have a clients car park in Barking I can borrow a space in. Depends what the plan is.

RaglanSurf said:
There's a couple of coffee shops in Spitalfields Market, at the top end closest to Liverpool St station that would probably do. At least then we're not hanging around on street corners looking shifty.

Sounds good. Will they be open on a Saturday? If you have a name that would be great too.

Any clues to a time and a place? I'd like to book my train tickets over the weekend to try and save as much moolah as possible

It looks like theres a few of us going to be training it down, so we could always end up with a pre-meet meet at the station until a proper time/pace is sorted by the people from down there?

Sounds like a plan, i'm coming in via Euston to pretty much any station

Sounds good. Will they be open on a Saturday? If you have a name that would be great too.

They will definitely be open, I'll try and sort out a name and address.

RaglanSurf said:
They will definitely be open, I'll try and sort out a name and address.

Great. We can decide one and meet from 9.30 looking to start out at about 10am.

I can get the 07.29 from Crewe which gets into Euston for 09.04 (in theory) so 09.30 at Liverpool Street should be ok.
Just need to decide which camera(s) to bring, decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Andy

I can get the 07.29 from Crewe which gets into Euston for 09.04 (in theory) so 09.30 at Liverpool Street should be ok.
Just need to decide which camera(s) to bring, decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Andy

My train gets into Euston for 9.04 as well, may see you there :)

Excellent, I'll look out for a man with many cameras.

Andy

Excellent, I'll look out for a man with many cameras.

Andy

Probably be better to look for a tired looking student with a bright red woolly hat on :D

There is a Cafe Nero in the station- we can meet there unless anyone can suggest somewhere with decent coffee... :)

Oooh, just saw this thread. I might be able to join, depending on whether there isn't another photowalk in the making already.

Cistron said:
Oooh, just saw this thread. I might be able to join, depending on whether there isn't another photowalk in the making already.

The more the merrier!

Back