Film Photo Challenge 28 "Do Not Crop" Discussion Thread

What time is this going to finish tomorrow? Hopefully my first roll of shots will be with me tomorrow that Rob developed and scanned for me, if i have enough courage i may post one in if i am in time:D:eek:

If everyone wants a little more time shall we say Sunday night? Anyone need a little longer than that?

Mark

That would be good, my photos didn't arrive today so i'm sulking!.. maybe tomorow but if they don't it's cool there will be others so don't hold out on my account

No worries, we can wait longer, we dont take it that seriously that it isnt flexible and it usually it gets extended. Looking forward to seeing your entry!

Mark

Oh, the shooting part is taken seriously, it's just the time frame thats usually a little elastic... can't honestly remember one of these challenges that didn't over-run come to think of it :LOL:

Everyone happy for me to call time on this and post a poll for your votes or would anyone like some extra time?

Everyone happy for me to call time on this and post a poll for your votes or would anyone like some extra time?

Yep, stick a poll up (y)
Are we allowed to vote for more than one image?....... not sure how the rules generally work...

Think it's ready for a poll. Nice turn out and some great work. Definitely going to have to vote for more than one.

just get the poll the right way first time, because at the moment, I don't think I can edit the settings like I could on the old forum software...

;) no pressure :LOL:

I will read the manual before pressing post Mark!

Do you want one or multiple votes? (Does the new forum allow the options Mark?)

Mark

I will read the manual before pressing post Mark!

Do you want one or multiple votes? (Does the new forum allow the options Mark?)

Mark
Multiple is the accepted norm (y) And I fear change :runaway:

@TheBigYin

Mark, struggling to add a poll with this software. Don't seem to be able to add one to the existing entries thread first post but I have found the facility for a new post - but it doesn't seem to want to let me have more than ten choices and we have some twenty for this challenge.

Mark

I think you will have to start a separate voting thread Mark... I've just had a look myself and I don't think that I've the option to add one either.

Guess this is one for the staff room suggestions box (unless I'm behind a bit of a snap-on and missing something obvious,where I'm sure my fellow greenies will give me a good shoeing for it)

Mark, a separate voting thread only allows ten choices and we have twenty entries for this one.

Mark

let me see if I can cook one up...

edit: just tried in the "test" area, and you're right... I'll raise it in the staffroom, see what we can do.

Last edited:
This has been in the back of my mind for the past couple of days, and I wondered if we could kludge it with two separate 10-image voting threads, then say vote on a third thread with (say) the top two images from each of the first two? Long-winded but we could probaby make the polls less than a week... Obviously the forum is going to need a voting capability for >10 images, but that might be some time coming.

I've just "bumped" the note in the Staffroom... give it 'till tomorrow morning can we...

Is there no "movement" wih the poll Mark :shrug:.....................I'm anxious to see how close to last place I come :D

Cant we just run a poll over two threads?

Waiting on Marcel to sort something folks - it's going to affect more than just this challenge - there's the Christmas Card competition and a few other things down the line as well, so we DO need it sorting.

Top work from the green people (y)

so do we just vote for 1 or several?

As many as you like... it's a multiple choice poll, so technically, you COULD even vote for everyone (except your own of course, as that'd not be ethical, and as the voters are visible, people would see, and call you rude words :LOL:)

Back