Film Photo Challenge 28 "Do Not Crop" Discussion Thread

yeah - as many votes as you want, but they all have to be cast at the same time - you can't come back and add a couple more after thinking about it...

... technically, you COULD even vote for everyone (except your own of course, as that'd not be ethical, and as the voters are visible, people would see, and call you rude words :LOL:)

:whistle::whistle::whistle: :exit:

The swear filter probably catches a lot :LOL:

Sad I know, but I just had to try it out....preview gave me this :

ILIKEBARBIEDOLLS

Some folk ( the mods in particular) will know exacly what i tried to post :eek::p:D:D:D

ILIKEBARBIEDOLLS

Some folk ( the mods in particular) will know exacly what i tried to post :eek::p:D:D:D

h'mm what would you be doing with barbie dolls :LOL:...now blow up dolls.........................:puke:

ILIKEBARBIEDOLLS

:banana:

:LOL: twa... is my fav word change! try it i dare ya

:banana:

:LOL: t***... is my fav word change! try it i dare ya

I don't think the mods think that's funny :eek:

Also if you say something pi**es you off the swear filter makes it makes it suitable for little ears :LOL: And that really p***es me off!

I don't think the mods think that's funny :eek:

Also if you say something pi**es you off the swear filter makes it makes it suitable for little ears :LOL: And that really tinklees me off!

Are you trying to get me into trouble?!!:bat:

Can someone point me in the direction of the entry rules,I cannot seem to find them. Thank you.

Can someone point me in the direction of the entry rules,I cannot seem to find them. Thank you.
I don't think there are are many rules in these things apart from
1) must be shot on film
2) must be shot for the challenge not a shot trawled from your archives
3) minimal post production
and for this challenge
4) no cropping
I think that's about it

Many thanks Nick,just trying to see how I can set myself up to enter in the future. :)

I usually work on the theory that if I've shot a roll of film in the time period of the challenge I can usually find a shot that I can shoehorn to fit into the challenge, after all it is just for fun.

I like that idea, thanks.(y)

I usually work on the theory that if I've shot a roll of film in the time period of the challenge I can usually find a shot that I can shoehorn to fit into the challenge, after all it is just for fun.

I must admit I think along the same lines, particularly with this one where it's just about composition. Trickier with a specific theme or subject I suppose!

Nice to see twenty entrants to this one - when they are too specific I think people struggle.

Mark

For me the problem is not the theme of the challenge (after all you can only do your best) nor the dev or scans (Asda in 45mins)....but finding other subjects to finish the film up :LOL:

Last edited:
There was a thread about that not so long ago Brian and I think that using up the rest of the roll is one of the reasons I have the most photographed dog in the world!

Mark

Are you trying to get me into trouble?!!:bat:

I've got an an idea:- use old English for swear words :LOL:...It could be amusing on forums for people who only bother learning "American English"
There was a thread about that not so long ago Brian and I think that using up the rest of the roll is one of the reasons I have the most photographed dog in the world!

Mark

Indeed Mark I seem to remember a thread like that and mentioning that I must have about a 100 shots of my back garden as the first shot on loading the film ( for waste) is....the back garden :LOL: but sometimes to finish the film up, I compare some of my lenses to weed out the wheat from the chaff, also to get to know them for their strengths and weakness.

It's looking like we have a runaway winner, has everybody voted?

A well deserved win there David ( Wickerman)...... Excellent shot :clap:

Thanks folks.

I think that it's now up to me to think of the next challenge. As I hate having my picture taken I think that some self therapy is in order, so the title of the next challenge is "Self-Portrait". I have had a look through the archives and don't think that we have had this challenge before.

I have started new "Discussion" and "Entries" threads. Could Mark @TheBigYin please unsticky the old challenge threads and sticky the new ones.

Eek indeed, I don't like being the wrong side of the camera :runaway:

20mm wide angle @ 500meters wearing disguise is in order for me :D

I only have the one film camera and i don't think it works if i turn it around:D

Thinking about it, best to use the fungal infected nikon zoom lens I have knocking about ...... I won't be so upset when the glass cracks :D

20mm wide angle @ 500meters wearing disguise is in order for me :D
Ooh, it'll be like Where's Wally? Where's Asha?

Ooh, it'll be like Where's Wally? Where's Asha?

Mmm where have i put me red & white striped top :D

So Nick, we all now know you are a confirmed "Wally Watcher" ............................yes I said "wAlly" :exit::LOL:

congratulations...deserved winner

Yes, well done David and well done to all - twenty entries was a healthy input!

regards

Mark

Back