Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for April is FAKE

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Monday 30th April 2018. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1ST DECEMBER 2017.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here, and the discussion thread for 2018 is here.

Good luck all (y)

Last edited:
This one feels like a risk, but none of [EDIT] my others are any good, so here goes!

This is NOT an apple, and it's definitely not a Magritte...

000027490038-rev by Chris R, on Flickr

(However, it is in homage to Magritte's painting, known as "Ceci n'est pas une pomme", less well known than the one with a pipe!)

The photo of the apple was taken with a Pentax LX, Vivitar 35-70 lens, and Kodak ColorPlus 200 film.

Last edited:
Finally and after quite a few rolls of fillum.....

Cards-6 by Andy, on Flickr

Mamiya C330f, Mamiya Sekor 80mm lens, Kodak Portra 400.

Well done to @Mrs Snap who takes first place with a single point more than @Andysnap Well done to both of you :) (y)

Quite a battle for third place, which ended up with four people sharing that spot.

Points for April are as follows:

1 - Mrs Snap - 12 points
2 - Andysnap - 11 points
3 - Carl Hall - 10 points
3 - ChrisR - 10 points
3 - FishyFish - 10 points
3 - Peter B - 10 points
7 - Mr Badger - 6 points
7 - sirch - 6 points
9 - dmb - 4 points
10 - RaglanSurf - 3 points
10 - steveo_mcg - 3 points
12 - Slyelessar - 1 point

And the table for the year so far:

FPOTY 201804.PNG

Thanks to everyone who voted, there were some excellent shots entered. I'm surprised to have won this month because I thought Mr Snap's was better than mine! Don't anyone tell him that though.....:cautious:;):whistle:

Philistines :D

I thought it was a good idea, possibly not executed particularly well.

Well done to the Snaps and everyone else who beat me.

Philistines :D

I thought it was a good idea, possibly not executed particularly well.

Well done to the Snaps and everyone else who beat me.

It was a good idea, in principle, and I tried a few variations too. The trouble I found is, if anything is obvious enough to be a fake, it tends to seriously detract from the picture. I had a few other options, but I'd have to write an even longer thesis on why they were actually a fake despite not looking like it!

It was a good idea, in principle, and I tried a few variations too. The trouble I found is, if anything is obvious enough to be a fake, it tends to seriously detract from the picture. I had a few other options, but I'd have to write an even longer thesis on why they were actually a fake despite not looking like it!

Yeah that's what I was discovering. I had some good quality fake fruit but tbh it looked too real and the kids stuff doesn't have enough detail close up.

Well done to the Snap family and to all the other entries, I don't know about everyone else but I found that really difficult, it was all a bit abstract for me.

Great set of images from everyone IMO it was hard to just vote for a few!

Back