Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for May is WHEELS

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Thursday 31st May 2018. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1ST DECEMBER 2017.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here, and the discussion thread for 2018 is here.

Good luck all (y)

Early entry from me this time, since I visited here specially for this month! A better day would have been good, but not likely to be back here anytime soon. Yashicamat 124G, Acros 100 in ID-11.

2018-04-18-0006-spotted-copy-tp.jpg

Race Car Wheel Alignment:

Commonly known as 'stringing-up' - the race technician runs fishing line down each side of the car then measures at the front and back of each wheel rim to check the wheel alignment.

Rolleiflex 6003, Rollei PQ 80mm f2.8 Planar, Ilford Delta 100. (Developed in Ilfosol 3 & scanned on Epson 850)

Race Car Wheel Alignment by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
So here's my take on wheels. This old OO gauge engine, "Princess Elizabeth" was my Dad's and was last run by my son a few years ago. I shot this on my new toy, an MPP Micro Technical with a 120 roll film back on Ilford Delta 400, there is just a hint of Scheimpflug to get the whole loco in focus without it being square on to the camera.

Wheels by Chris H, on Flickr

Last edited:
Struggled with this one, I couldn't come up with anything original at all.... :(

Wheels by Andy, on Flickr

Rolleiflex Automat Model 4 on Ektar 100.

Congratulations to @FishyFish who takes first place, with @RaglanSurf and @ChrisR coming in very close behind. Well done guys (y)

Points for this month:
  • FishyFish - 12 points
  • RaglanSurf - 11 points
  • ChrisR - 10 points
  • Peter B - 9 points
  • dmb - 8 points
  • Slyelessar - 8 points
  • Fraser Euan White - 8 points
  • sirch - 5 points
  • Andysnap - 5 points
  • Mrs Snap - 3 points
  • Mr Badger - 3 points
  • Hallsy - 3 points
Table for the year to date:

FPOTY 201805.PNG

Well done all, a category I found wheely difficult:D

I've been framed.....

I suppose I must not get deflated. Just need to move up a gear.

Although I am not participating in the competition,I am watching with interest and voting when I see the post.

There are some wonderful photographs,my last two votes came second and third,so good luck to all.

Just one more thing. GO MRS SNAP.

This is beginning to go round and round...

Back