• Chains

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Please vote for the themes that you think would be suitable for FPOTY 2018. Please don't just vote for the select few that you think you'd do well in, or just your three favourites etc. If you're happy with every theme then vote for every one, or just miss out the odd couple that you think are a little too far out.

I don't think we need to decide at this point which ones (if any) we'll get rid off, we can just go by the results and eliminate any that really lag far behind. I don't think there are any that are really bizarre, so we might not even have to get rid of any!

Poll closes on 27th at around 8am, which gives me a couple days to sort everything out before the start on the 1st.

Well, at the moment Decay, Ruin and Curves seem to be in the lead... does that say something about the average age and condition of the F&C section regulars? :whistle:

Last edited:
..or looking at it another way:- for me, if it takes 5mins to type and post on average then I've spent nearly 30 days of my life doing this :eek:

Well, at the moment Decay, Ruin and Curves seem to be in the lead... does that say something about the average age and condition of the F&C section regulars? :whistle:

and that must be a 'Z' list Celebrity.

In the interest of making our themes as diverse as possible,couldnt decay and ruin be combined to make space for another theme?

In the interest of making our themes as diverse as possible,couldnt decay and ruin be combined to make space for another theme?

Ah yes, just like life, decay and ruin combined to allow entropy in. :D Happy days. :D

I didn't combine them as they can be interpreted in different ways I think. What I was planning on doing was stopping both of them from being randomly drawn out, so in the event that both of them get pulled out of my hat, only the first one will make it to the list for 2018. Seemed like the fairest way to make sure that everyone's themes were included but making sure that there wasn't a lot of repetition. I was just going to do it without saying though so that it gave the appearance of everything running smoothly in the background :D

There are 49 themes on the list, and the bottom 10% got less than 7 votes. I'm thinking we drop these five and then carry on with the rest of them. The ones to drop are celebrity, postcards, air, run and hope.

I'll do the draw and get the themes ready to be unveiled on Friday :)

Sounds good to me Carl :)

Looking forward to seeing a photo of you drawing the themes from the top hat ;)

Seems sensible to drop unpopular ones.

There's enough to sort out 2019 at the same time!

Seems sensible to drop unpopular ones.

There's enough to sort out 2019 at the same time!

.....and I don't mind the theme macro and close up, but what about the guys with TLRs and compacts?

.....and I don't mind the theme macro and close up, but what about the guys with TLRs and compacts?
Necessity is the mother of invention :D

Necessity is the mother of invention :D

OK guys work out a close up invention that would have solved my previous post for a TLR :D
0U7Ac4S.jpg

The themes that were picked out last night were all quite different, so there's no risk of repetition. I won't say much about what the themes are, just that you'll all need to get your thinking hats ready as some of us are going to get shoved out of our comfort zones.

Should be good though, they're all quite different and I'm looking forward to getting started on them :)

The themes that were picked out last night were all quite different, so there's no risk of repetition. I won’t say much about what the themes are, just that you'll all need to get your thinking hats ready as some of us are going to get shoved out of our comfort zones.

Should be good though, they're all quite different and I'm looking forward to getting started on them :)
Come on!

The themes that were picked out last night were all quite different, so there's no risk of repetition. I won't say much about what the themes are, just that you'll all need to get your thinking hats ready as some of us are going to get shoved out of our comfort zones.

.............hush, hush and say no more :D

Back