Film Photographer of the Year 2020 April - RUIN - Entry Thread. ***RESULTS & STANDINGS***

Pick your top 5

• Asha - Olive Press Mill

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • FishyFish - Abandoned mine

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kevin Allan - Fountains Abbey

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Peter B - Redcastle ruin

• Andysnap - Mother's Ruin

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • srichards - Barrow in Furness dock

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • steveo_mcg - Smugglers bothy

• Mrs Snap - Playtime for kids

• Compulsivehoardr - Maggot infested apple

• Harlequin565 - Derelict cottages

• ChrisR - Kenilworth Castle

• sirch - Tin Roof

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • mdpF2 - Horrible Pylons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carl Hall - Roman Forum

• Threeracers - Abandoned Boat

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for April 2020 is RUIN

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on THURSDAY 30th April 2020. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1st DECEMBER 2019.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here,
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/film-photographer-of-the-year-2020-rules-themes.704219/
and the discussion thread for 2020 is here. https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...er-of-the-year-2020-discussion-thread.704220/

Ok, I'll get this one in before someone else thinks of it....

Mother's Ruin
Mother's Ruin 2 by Andy, on Flickr

Chroma, Nikkor 180mm f5.6, OOD 2009 Shanghai GP3

My neighbour has an apple tree that hangs over the shared fence, and every year each and every apple gets colonised by some kind of fly or wasp. So these tempting apples are inedible unless you like chomping on half a maggot, which I have done more than once, despite checking very thoroughly for holes. One of the side-effects of this infestation seems to be that many of the apples hang onto the tree forever. Some are still there now, looking kinda rosy but very pockmarked, much like my face these days. Zombie apples.

Nikon F5, Nikkor 55mm f/1.2 Ai, Ilford FP4plus. I left the scan the funny colour that Silverfast does them, I like it.

ruin.jpg

These cottages are falling into a bit of a state in the village. Lockdown prevents anything more exciting which is a shame because I was looking forward to this theme.
Yashica Minitec on Tri-X.

2020-02-29-triX400-minitec-06.jpg

Kenilworth Castle from the Tiltyard. The Castle was partially destroyed ("slighted") in 1649 after the Civil War to prevent its being used by Royalists. In practice, the days of castles were pretty much gone by then.

2003BPMXBW32 Kenilworth Castle by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax MX, Vivitar Konine 28/2.8 Wide Angle Close Focus, FP4+ devved by AG, scanned by me

Last edited:
Congratulations to Mark @Threeracers good to see it pushed all the way by Carl, Asha and Steveo_ncg, points and leader board up soonish.

Well done Mark! And to all who entered.

Well done Mark, and of course to everyone who entered.

and for the voters... philistines :D

Points for April

FPOTY APR Points 3.png

Last edited:
Scores so far.
---------------------------- Points Position
FPOTY Year total 4.pngFPOTY Year Total 4 Points.png

Last edited:
Results and standings added.

Points for April

entrants-png.278808
View attachment 278809

That doesn't look right (unless I've had some bonus points or something :) )...

Are those perhaps the points for a different month? As far as I can tell Kevin, Peter B and I all had the same number of votes (6) but we all got different points!

I knew I shouldn’t have tried to this on an iPad. ‍:banghead:

I realise that everyone else has brought this up... But wait a cotton picking minute :)

The Grand Prix style points system appears to be heading for its first pit stop! :giggle: Never mind, I'm sure it will soon be firing on all cylinders again. (y)

PS Well done everyone, some nice looking photos there again.

Apologies for the technical hitch, I was battling Excel on an iPad and my own lamentable Excel skills (or lack of them).

At least my slapdash approach will keep you all on your toes (y)

Looks like the points and places have been updated... but still don't look right to me, sorry Nick. Kevin, Peter B, compulsivH and I all got the same number of votes, but we get different points. It could just be that the left hand column is out by one place (Threeracers appears above the points, as it were)...

Looks like the points and places have been updated... but still don't look right to me, sorry Nick. Kevin, Peter B, compulsivH and I all got the same number of votes, but we get different points. It could just be that the left hand column is out by one place (Threeracers appears above the points, as it were)...
I didn't like to say anything! :whistle: I think lockdown must be getting to the poor chap! ;):exit:

Last edited:
I suspect it's the drink....:beer:

Back