Film Photographer of the Year 2022 Discussion Thread

October Entries thread is open for business

Fingers crossed that I get my negatives back in time for this month's comp. I've posted them off for developing today and there's a Royal Mail strike on Tuesday. :oops: :$

I have some backup shots I can use if they don't come back, but I've got a couple on one of the rolls that I have high hopes for as possible entries. I guess, worst case, I can re-shoot them on B&W next weekend and develop them myself.

Fingers crossed that I get my negatives back in time for this month's comp. I've posted them off for developing today and there's a Royal Mail strike on Tuesday. :oops: :$

I have some backup shots I can use if they don't come back, but I've got a couple on one of the rolls that I have high hopes for as possible entries. I guess, worst case, I can re-shoot them on B&W next weekend and develop them myself.
Good luck, hope you get them back in time. (y)

Voting is open

It's also that time of year where we need to decide what we are doing next year. I am happy to run it again if you can put up with my lose grasp of how to operate a calendar, equally I am happy for someone to take over if they want to.

I'll start a thread for theme suggestions

The November entries thread is open

Poll for November is open

I usually post the next month thread after I have posted the results from the current month to save having too many things pinned at the top of the F&C discussion forum. The poll for November closes tomorrow so probably tomorrow or Friday.

Well! I think next year I am going to have to stop rounding up, it's neck and neck at the top and all to play for. It's actually 133.9 to @Peter B and 133.4 to @FishyFish

Honestly I think it would be great to have a draw
Pretty amazed to be honest, but I've nothing for December so far. No pressure there then ........... :eek:

Last edited:
The December entries thread is open ... @Topsy

You better get cracking Peter, I'm really liking the photos this year and that it is so close.

The December entries thread is open ... @Topsy

You better get cracking Peter, I'm really liking the photos this year and that it is so close.
Thanks Chris, didn't mean to seem impatient. BTW mine's in. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, I didn't deliberately set the new/old film challenge topic to clash with the film photographer of the year. I've only just noticed what has happened. Hope it hasn't caused any problems for y'all.

Being an eternal optimist I have every intention of shooting something specifically for the December theme in between Christmas an new year when I have a bit of time. I'm sure the weather will conspire against me (not to mention xmas xcess). Wish me luck ...
:whistle:

Paul - gentle reminder, but no comments in the entries thread, K?

I've moved them into here for you.

My aim in life is to come up with a set of themes for which I can enter the same photo every month :D

Got a photo in for December just in time, nothing exciting unfortunately as we've not been able to get out & about for some time, for one reason or another. Hopefully do better next month..

Happy new year to one and all.

The December 2022 poll is open

Overall standings for the year

1673202199531.png

Congratulations to @Peter B who just pipped @FishyFish to the win by the finest of margins Thanks to everyone who entered and voted for making it another great year of film shooting.

>>Edited to reflect the revised December result<<

Last edited:
The January 2023 entries thread is open

Overall standings for the year

View attachment 378146

Congratulations to @Peter B who just pipped @FishyFish to the win by the finest of margins Thanks to everyone who entered and voted for making it another great year of film shooting.

>>Edited to reflect the revised December result<<

Congrats @Peter B . Close one! :D
This is way too close to separate Nige and me, so please make this an official draw @sirch and then we can share the glory. :banana:

Thanks Peter. I'm happy for you to take the title on points though. (y)
If it was points plural I would agree Nige, but it's less than 1 point, so that's too close to separate for me. :)

Back