Finance from WH Express

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking at a lens on Warehouse Express and was just wondering if anyone has used their "Buy Now Pay Later" option? I wanted some more details on it, but the site for the people who do the finance is down for some reason :)eek:). I'd like to be able to pay it off monthly before it's due, but I'm not sure if it'd let me do that or not. I know I can call them about it, but they're shut at the moment, so I need to wait until tomorrow and I'm being impatient.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hi Kate - finance houses usually have a penalty payment if you want to pay off early. If say, you have agreed for 12 months and you want to pay off after 6 then they miss out on 6 months interest. So...they'll get you some how. Worth asking though and oh...read the small print.

regards

I think its interest free until the due date, so if you pay up before the date, you dont get charged interest, if you dont pay by the date then you are locked in and could be susceptible to early payment charges !

I think! lol

Thanks for the replies so far. Think you might be right IanC

The offer is:

"In 9 months when the balance is due, you have the choice of either paying the balance in full completely interest free or you may commence paying by monthly instalments over 36 months at which interest would then be applicable."

So they lose the interest whether I pay early or on time. They only get to charge me if I can't pay by the due date. I have a new job starting in a few weeks and will be able to pay it off straight away when I get my pay, but I'd like the lens now if possible :)

I bought my 1DMk2N from WE on 9 months 0% credit. It's hassle free, WE have their own finance people on site, They take a few details off you on the phone, and you get a finance form to sign the next morning. It's already made out for signature only. If you get the form you've already been approved for the finance. Return it straight away and if it's in stock, the gear comes by return of post.

My first camera was faulty and WE had it collected by courier and it was swapped for a new camera as soon as they had one in stock. The 9 months starts from the time you have a satisfactory camera.

Can't fault the service at all, but make sure you put the dosh on one side and pay it off on the due date or it automatically goes on finance and it wont be cheap.

They offer 0% finance on anything over about 300 quid I believe.

CT said:
I bought my 1DMk2N from WE on 9 months 0% credit. It's hassle free, WE have their own finance people on site, They take a few details off you on the phone, and you get a finance form to sign the next morning. It's already made out for signature only. If you get the form you've already been approved for the finance. Return it straight away and if it's in stock, the gear comes by return of post.

My first camera was faulty and WE had it collected by courier and it was swapped for a new camera as soon as they had one in stock. The 9 months starts from the time you have a satisfactory camera.

Can't fault the service at all, but make sure you put the dosh on one side and pay it off on the due date or it automatically goes on finance and it wont be cheap.

They offer 0% finance on anything over about 300 quid I believe.
Hi CT, thanks for the reply. Do you know if you can pay it off before the due date?

I think so Kate, but I'm not sure. I gotta give 'em my dosh in July. :D

they dont usually send you the payment form untill abouth a month before the due date.
just save the cash each month and then send a cheque off when you get the slip.

you should always be able to pay it off before its due Kate, small print will need scouring first though, but if you can ring them tomorrow, do that, best to get something in writing from them if they say you can though

Righto, shall give them a bell tomorrow. If they don't let me pay earlier, I'll just pop the money into a savings account ready to pay off a the end as already suggested. Thanks for the help guys. Just need to decide whether I really truly want this lens (Canon 70-300 IS USM). Off to the lens section I go :D

I would always advise paying off a month early as there have been quite a few stories where peoples cheques etc have been lost in the system or cashed late & then voila the customer gets hit for full interest as they are late paying.

To be honest Kate a savings account is the better idea, take the full nine months to pay it off and get nine months interest on your money. :)

Back