Critique First proper model in studio

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

This has been marked now so i can post it. This was my favourite from my first studio shoot. Critique welcome as it's the only way i'll improve.

Regards

Scott

Hoscott pressure project1.jpg

Hi Scott,

Eyes look nice and sharp but IMHO the facial expression is a little odd and not sure that the B&W conversion does much either as it's all a very similar tone.

Agree with Michael about the expression, she seems a little vacant.
BnW dose seem a little flat also but still not terrible.

yes a strange expression and maybe because it is mono, the mouth looks really odd, almost like painted on lips

It's about a gazillion times better than my early attempts. It's sharp, well framed and nicely exposed, and it has a bit of movement in it.

The processing of the mouth and eyes is a little odd and draws attention to a slightly blank expression. The pose is rather square on and the lighting is a bit flat and featureless for my taste.

I'd like to see what it would look like with just the camera left light - and with that positioned a little higher.

Strangely enough there is no processing as I don't use photoshop. All I've done is convert it to black and white and play with the contrast and brightness. Cheers for the comments though. I thought at the time the tongue looked strange as she seems to be rolling it between her teeth almost but it was one of the better shots. I'll post another couple soon as a few have been marked now.

Just looking at the lips it might well have been her make up as she was a young girl who was constantly topping her lipstick up.

Last edited:
great looking girl, i know of her via social media & martial arts from glasgow area.

She Does look very awkward in this pose though, dont like the angle nor the amount of PP (or badly applied make up) done to her face.

Would be very interested to see more of your work with her

No post production at all buddy. She came in with another guy in the class but hasn't been back in in so nothing else planned. I've another thread on here though with another shot of her.

No post production at all buddy

A little FS under the eyes would improve it I think and
this is, like you did, the only point to work on.

Back