Critique First Signs of Winter in the Peak District

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Going to work to Sheffield sometimes has its benefits, and this was the benefit of last Friday morning. It was howling at the top of Mam Tor, and I was being buffeted by the strong winds, had to deal with flurries of snow too, all good stuff, time was a commodity, and this was my first outing with the 17mm TSE lens. Obviously a somewhat cliched scene in the Peaks, but as I was in a hurry and this was on the way to work, decided to shoot this infamous gate. Although I never saw a sunrise, the glow on the horizon in contrast with the broody clouds made it very moody, and I like how the glow in the distance has lit up the land.

11248018295_06939b6d42_c.jpg

Large Version

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3716/11248018295_740f827a87_h.jpg

Love this shot,what a great sky.:)(y)

Good capture Andrew. The sun just peeking over the horizon imparts some good colour onto a bleak & grey sky. Love it :)

Not sure if you are aware but if you post images from flickr using the bbcode then they automatically link back to flickr so no separate link required.

Steve

I really like that, I would MAYBE crop the top quarter off to make it a pano? think it'd look great

i thought that too but on reflection the sky is a strong element and source of all the weather
cheers
geoff

Very nice indeed

Lovely capture Andrew really like it. A little bit jealous of the chance to get into the peaks. I was born and raised up that way but now have to settle for the flat fens of Norfolk.

nick, personally I prefer a non cropped version but I would say that :) but I did try cropping to a more pano format, but the idea for me was to emphaise the brooding darkness of the sky, which meant I decided to go for more sky, the pano imho takes away some of the depth and weight of the sky on the scene.

Cheers,

Andy

Back