Fixing the eyes

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Can anyone explain how to go about fixing the eyes in this shot please

Thanks in advance

The problem is you have the windows in the eye. You're going to have to carefully clone them out and replace with something more like a flash shot to the eye if you want much better...

I felt that the reflection was distracting interested in cloning out but could do with a bit more info on how to go about this. Do I need his eyes without reflection to work from. Sorry for being dim

Thanks Blasteh the eyes are a lot more defined, appreciated.

I would really like to get rid of the reflection but I cant. I have tried to use the clone tool but there dosen't appear to be enough of the none reflected eye to get good results. In a case like this would you use a shot with no reflection in the eyes to get the result. I am not looking for this to be done just need to understand how to go about achieving it

Cheers

Paul

Actually looking at Blasteh's tweak again is making me think that the reflection actually adds something! Still would like to know how to remove though

Last edited:
A quick bash at it in Elements 9 before I'm of to bed. You can minimize the reflections but still need to keep them there to stop the eyes from going dead, any way my take on it.:)

1121799507_K9oLd-XL.jpg

... to stop the eyes from going dead...

This would be a very good to reason as to why you shouldn't remove reflections; some people do it when there's more than 1 light source visible in the eye, but not a good idea to remove it when it's the only one.

I basically burned the outside of the iris and the centre pupil to give it a more defining edge. You can also dodge the area between the edge and pupil to give it more contrast, but it was already pretty light to begin with.

I disabled the photo from view on my stream but if you want a bigger version, click through here http://flickr.com/gp/blasteh/3q7u9D

Back